Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
That dude at the very start and his guardian spirit just immediately captured my attention. :allears:

:toot: Butterfly in this guy
His kill count gets twice as high :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Please tell me you recorded commentary for this episode and the next back to back so Coolguye didn't explode.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Coolguye talking about the security squad near the end of Hong Kong triggered me. That's really the only time you've ever seen that? It happens multiple times in Mass Effect 1 and at least once in Mass Effect 2, and it's great every time.

Random complainer: "Wait, you're letting [him/her] in and not me?"
Guard letting you in: "You don't have a grenade launcher, lady."

Go play the Mass Effect games, they're great. :allears:

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Coolguye posted:

I feel like there's a big difference between "game acknowledges that you're heavily armed in narrative", and "game outright provides a way to cut away from mechanics because you are loving terrifying." I don't think ME has done the latter? It's been a long-rear end time since I've played them though.

Nah, it totally does. Scaring off the last of Fist's armed thugs near the start of ME1 has an exchange something like this:

Shepard: I just killed 50 bodyguards to get in here; what do you think I'm going to do to you?
Thugs: Fist doesn't pay us enough for this. *leaves*

And considering the way the guard startles and goes into a fear whisper about letting you in, just prior to the lines in the example in my previous post (I don't remember how the lines before those go*, just the very abrupt shift in conversation tone), yes it absolutely is because you're loving terrifying. :shepface:

*EDIT: Possibly something like "I'm going in one way or the other".

Felinoid fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 29, 2020