Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I could've sworn kagemusha was on Netflix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
It's arguable that Hideyoshi didn't have a ton of
good alternative choices to the whole "try to invade China via Korea" thing. He was a warlord and a commoner with fragile legitimacy sitting on top of what was effectively a war economy. If he didn't get all these crazy rear end samurai a project things might have fallen apart.

Unfortunately, a lot of Japanese media that depicts the Sengoku period just kind of skips from Hideyoshi finishing unification to Hideyoshi being dead.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Absolutely true though in this case I think it's more like Roboky alluded to with not wanting to bring up a time Japan invaded Korea due to recent history. It's not mentioned so hard that you get games going from Honnoji to Sekigahara and it's like Who are all these people!?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Nobunagas armor design is really cool.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
All I could think during that last Ashikaga fight was "STOP STOP HE'S ALREADY DEAD"