Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Night10194 posted:

He's from hundreds of years prior to all of this, but all this talk of amazing hats and distinctive armor reminds me of my favorite samurai, Takezaki Suenaga.

He commissioned a scroll of his deeds in the Mongol invasion that I read a translation of ages ago when I was taking some classes on Japanese history in college, and he's always stuck with me. The whole thing is about both his experiences in the Mongol Invasion, but also his attempts to actually get paid for his deeds by the Kamakura Bakufu, because he was too impetuous in battle and didn't wait for enough witnesses to mark his deeds directly.

He was eventually successful and got rewards and recognition, so good on you, crazy ancient samurai.

Genuinely badass but also hilariously relatable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I also choose to believe Matsunaga Hisahide was just an insanely stubborn rear end in a top hat who was really dedicated to maintaining his particular brand of rudeness and gave zero fucks, for good or ill. Well, mostly for ill, but this is true of many tea pot dictators.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I couldn't not mention him, he's way too fun and memorable. The update image was almost Kamen Rider Ghosts Benkei form because I knew almost no one would get it bit I got worried people might go check out Kamen Rider Ghost and haunt me for it.

would've been a crime more dire than tonfa

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

:itwaspoo:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Wearing that to Sekigahara was one heck of a power move

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

"The world will have no swords. Except for me. I will have all the swords."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU