Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

He's from hundreds of years prior to all of this, but all this talk of amazing hats and distinctive armor reminds me of my favorite samurai, Takezaki Suenaga.

He commissioned a scroll of his deeds in the Mongol invasion that I read a translation of ages ago when I was taking some classes on Japanese history in college, and he's always stuck with me. The whole thing is about both his experiences in the Mongol Invasion, but also his attempts to actually get paid for his deeds by the Kamakura Bakufu, because he was too impetuous in battle and didn't wait for enough witnesses to mark his deeds directly.

He was eventually successful and got rewards and recognition, so good on you, crazy ancient samurai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Odachi seems kind of overpowered compared to the axe/hammer as a heavy weapon.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Japan has an extremely powerful headgear game.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Yojimbo is probably my overall favorite, but picking a favorite Kurosawa movie is hard; he made so many great movies.