Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
The part with the full plate armor actually made sense. It is fully possible to swim in full plate (as well as to climb, roll, cartwheel and so on) and musket balls fired from close range was one of the few things that would go trough plate. So, what happened in the cutscene adds up.

Anyway, from what I've seen from the abandoned LP, while this game obviously takes a lot of inspiration from Dark Souls, it's also not afraid of being it's own game and to do things its own way. I'll be looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012

SSNeoman posted:

Wait what the gently caress cat clock was a real thing??
https://web-japan.org/museum/others/ninja/ninja03/wisdom02.html
I don't know about the accuracy of the cat eye clock, but the link also said this "...the "ninja" were experts at various martial arts..." which is not really accurate. While there was almost certainly ninjas who were great fighters, hardly all of them were so. Heck, the great fighters were probably among the minority of the ninjas. The site also shows the ninjas in the mythical black pajamas, making me seriously suspect that it has very little historical accuracy.

Crystalgate fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 25, 2019

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
Does the Nioh Spear Helicopter beat the Path of Exile Helicopter?

Anyway, I can't say I like parries in the Souls games either. That said, the principle of the parry is simple enough in the first Dark Souls. Your parry window is at the beginning of the parry animation no matter what equipment you parry with. The animation does not tell how long that window is though. An enemy can be parried if its attack is parry-able and the window is simple when the attack hits you. Dark Souls 2 makes it more complicated.