Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
I really hate a certain enemy that's a wind aspected Yokai. And another enemy that's a Water aspected Yokai.

There's a fight where you have to fight both at once, and its possibly the easiest dual boss in the game, because these dual bosses are not loving around.

Edit: That said, The AXEMAN is a great fight, except when I did it. Because I went through the game with an Axe, because Nioh's axe moveset basically turns you into Astaroth from Soul Caliber, with less range. This includes grabs.

The low stance combo ender, if you pull it off right, just tosses enemies, including off bridges and cliffs if you get it right. You can see where I'm going with this.

Fivemarks fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Nov 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Now that one has appeared, I can safely say: gently caress Tengu.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

TheLastRoboKy posted:

My brain giveth and it taketh away.

A perfectly normal reaction to Tengu. You can learn their patterns but the game will still put them in places that makes all that learning less than useful.

Like next to another annoying enemy.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Do you want to imagine hell? Imagine fighting a Flying Bolt and a Wind Tengu at the same time. Better yet, imagine fighting a Wind Tengu and a Nue at the same time.

Oh wait, no, you don't have to imagine that, because these two poor fucks are going to have to do far worse than both of those things.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Ironically, my key to beating the AXE MAN on my first run through the game was through using Axe in Low Stance. Axe in Low Stance turns you into ASTAROTH from Soul Calibur, and you fight AXE MAN on a bridge.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Roboky, please don't try to beat the AXE MAN by parries.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Thanks, I hate it.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

glocknar posted:

God I love how Oda Nobunaga just shows up, has a boss fight with William, is about to kill him via cutscene... and then just stops like his shift ended and it's time to clock out, vaguely complements William, tells Kelly he's an idiot, and returns to being dead while looking incredibly bored and vaguely irritated the entire time. It's amazing :allears:

Kelly is actually REALLY BAD at reading people's motives. Its foreshadowed with the Edo Castle mission and cutscene where Kelly is caught flatfooted by Ieyasu going "Fine kill her i don't care" and Kelly's reaction is "WHAT".

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
now the true Nioh begins.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
We're getting up to the point in the game where it beat the poo poo out of me in three seconds flat and didn't even have the mercy to let me be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

glocknar posted:

Man, those fights with the weapon masters - and crack Nue - were just beautiful. Well done man, well done.

There's a worse Nue later on.