Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
How to turn one fetch quest in to an entire game in 12 easy steps.

Fedule posted:

I liked Nioh a lot, but in accordance with my ancient curse I was compelled to find fault in it everywhere I looked. Mostly Nioh has taught me that I do not like Dark Souls, at all, which seems to me to be a shame because Nioh is a game that I think I would like a lot were it a lot less like Dark Souls and more like its own thing.

I'm that way with roguelikes. After a few repeats I realized I just do not like the format no matter how well it's done. There's nothing inherently wrong with the format. I just.. hate it. It's everything that I don't like as a core mechanic. Sometimes a game is literally not for everyone. I just try not to ask people why they like a game where cycling the map till it's braindead easy is the reasonable meta choice of playstyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
At one point armor was genuinely being made to withstand shots like that. I just imagine it still wouldn't be a pleasant or desirable experience to be shot.. given what I've seen the armor looks like after taking one. Sort of, "Man I wish that HAD killed me. This sucks."

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
In your blade, I feel I have glimpsed your soul...

It is the soul of a coward, and a fool! I can really appreciate a man willing to cower behind a giant rock! Here! Have this puppy to comfort your yellow heart! Pet him and see how cute he is. May it give you bravery.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
Or the axe and hammer are just poo poo.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
I mean you got a dog out of it so it worked out.