Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glocknar
May 17, 2017
The problem for them, of course, is that it lead to them coming down with a case of "hostile Miyamoto Musashi-itis," which is far more lethal for the patient than getting things wrong on the internet is, mostly do to the fact that the man himself hasn't quite figured out how to stab people through computer screens from the afterlife. YET.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glocknar
May 17, 2017
Man, that loving Nue mask. I have the same problem Coolguy does with it, its so ... there!

glocknar
May 17, 2017
God I love how Oda Nobunaga just shows up, has a boss fight with William, is about to kill him via cutscene... and then just stops like his shift ended and it's time to clock out, vaguely complements William, tells Kelly he's an idiot, and returns to being dead while looking incredibly bored and vaguely irritated the entire time. It's amazing :allears:

glocknar
May 17, 2017
Who's more dangerous? The very final boss of the game and hoarder of Amrita, John Dee or a very angry crane maker? The answer will surprise you!

glocknar
May 17, 2017

Neflame posted:

Also do you think he had those eyes in his forehead before or after he started experimenting with amrita? I do think it could go either way given what this game has shown us thus far.

I would guess after, because the only other reason he would have them I could think of is a Guardian Spirit, and William didn't get a copy of one when he was finished slapping Dee around the room. My guess is that they are a sort of sympathetic or symbolic mutation, or whatever a more accurate term would be - essentially, because Johnny Boy was so caught up in his desire to see all and control all in the name of the British crown, any amrita he absorbed, either purposefully or just like background radiation while using it, warped his form in reflection of his desire. Sort of like how Voldemort was a freaky snakefaced motherfucker.

glocknar
May 17, 2017
Man, those fights with the weapon masters - and crack Nue - were just beautiful. Well done man, well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glocknar
May 17, 2017
If I had to guess at what magic Maria was using, I would say that she was using the same kind of hermetic stuff Kelly and Dee were using, only since she was more actively attempting to cut and stab Roboky in the face it seems her knowledge is likely limited to a lot of 'practical utility effects' such as magic portals, stealing poo poo, and other oddball grab bag abilities a spy would find handy with a few combat magics to give her the edge over any guards that would come grab her if her cover is blown as it is here - which makes sense because, y'know, thats what she is, as opposed to Kelly or Dee who are NEEERRRDSSS