Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I really hope this LP lasts longer than the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Coolguye posted:

we have never failed to complete an LP, friend!

That's true!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

bony tony posted:

I FORGOT ABOUT CAT CLOCK

How could you forget about cat clock!?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
The closest thing I've ever seen to a real cat sundial is when my cat slowly moves across the floor to follow the sunbeam he's sleeping in... to the point that he's worn down parts of the carpet in the spare room.

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 25, 2019

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Kobal2 posted:

I've always loved how that bit came to be.
In case our readers don't know, "ninjas wear highly recognizable all black body-hugging suits" actually comes from Noh theater. Unlike Western theater, Noh doesn't do acts or curtain drops and every prop-handling or scenery changing is done right in front of the audience while the play is going on. In order not to be too distracting, the set crew wears all black in order to merge with the black curtain behind the stage while play watchers pretend not to notice they're there.
But some playwrights got the notion to use that stage convention to break the fourth wall when "suddenly MURDER" was called for, in which case a stage attendant could go from handling props to being part of the play itself, which I'm sure was a big "wow, wait, what ?!" before that, too, became a stale bit of stage convention.

And now you too know why fictional ninjas always wear all black even though it's hella conspicuous.

Incidentally, this is also why stagehands wear black, and why stagehands that have to go do things on stage in front of the audience are called ninjas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
We need a list of all the silly title you are getting.

**Blows apart dude with shotgun analogue**

>>SHARPSHOOTER SAMURAI<<