Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

rear end cobra posted:

Ireland looking utterly toothless going forward so far

Just the women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Italy 4 - 0 Armenia at the half. Meaningless game, but still nice to see.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
:rip: Ireland

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Italy 4 - 0 Armenia at the half. Meaningless game, but still nice to see.

So it's 9-1 now lol

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

So it's 9-1 now lol

Armenia gotta say, that's a drubbing

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol at Germany

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
2easy

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Scotland won another game :toot:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
an irish qualification derby would be extremely fun

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Eau de MacGowan posted:

an irish qualification derby would be extremely fun

Full of Unwatchable Nonces

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Full of Unwatchable Nonces

don't post about your family's Thanksgiving gathering

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
https://www.wada-ama.org/en/media/news/2019-11/wada-compliance-review-committee-recommends-series-of-strong-consequences-for

WADA Compliance Review Committee posted:

The CRC concluded that this is “an extremely serious case of non-compliance with the requirement to provide an authentic copy of the Moscow data, with several aggravating features”.

CRC recommendation in relation to consequences (abridged)

The CRC has therefore recommended that WADA send a formal notice to RUSADA, asserting non-compliance with the requirement to provide an authentic copy of the Moscow data, and proposing the following consequences, to come into effect on the date on which the decision that RUSADA is non-compliant becomes final and to remain in effect until the fourth anniversary of that date (‘the Four Year Period’):

• Russian Government officials/representatives may not be appointed to sit and may not sit as members of the boards or committees or any other bodies of any Code Signatory (or its members) or association of Signatories.
  • Russian Government officials/representatives may not participate in or attend any of the following events held in the Four Year Period: (a) the Youth Olympic Games (summer and winter); (b) the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (summer and winter); (c) any other event organized by a Major Event Organisation; and (d) any World Championships organized or sanctioned by any Signatory (together, the Major Events).
  • Russia may not host in the Four Year Period, or bid for or be granted in the Four Year Period, the right to host (whether during or after the Four Year Period) any editions of the Major Events.
  • Where the right to host a Major Event in the Four Year Period has already been awarded to Russia, the Signatory must withdraw that right and re-assign the event to another country, unless it is legally or practically impossible to do so. In addition, Russia may not bid for the right to host the 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games, irrespective of whether the bidding takes place during or after the Four Year Period.
WADA Executive Committee expected to deliver final verdict December 9th.

Normally, I wouldn't expect anything to come of this, but the IOC did ban Russia from the last Olympics, so this just might have real consequences too.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Can’t wait for the UEFA players from Russia turning up.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

jeebus bob posted:

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/media/news/2019-11/wada-compliance-review-committee-recommends-series-of-strong-consequences-for

WADA Executive Committee expected to deliver final verdict December 9th.

Normally, I wouldn't expect anything to come of this, but the IOC did ban Russia from the last Olympics, so this just might have real consequences too.

Then again even the Olympic ban was meek as hell. Russians were officially representing "Olympic Athletes from Russia" complete with red uniforms, instead of generic "Independent Olympic Athletes" like they should. They also got to have a hockey team (and it was basically an automatic gold for them because there were no NHL players).

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Distribute one Russian guest player to every other team at the Euros

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The draw is going on right now. Germany, France and Portugal are all in the same group with whatever insanely unlucky team is drawn last.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Gigi Galli posted:

The draw is going on right now. Germany, France and Portugal are all in the same group with whatever insanely unlucky team is drawn last.

It'll be one of the 3rd placed teams, so they may as well not show up

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Full set of groups:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Would’ve liked to avoid Wales but I’ll take the rest of that.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Lmao at Group F and RIP to the A/D Playoff Champion

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
£10 says if Scotland get through the playoffs they will end up in that group of death because Scotland.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

If England win their group they face the Germany/France/Portugal runner up in the round of 16, if they come 2nd in their group they face the Spain/Poland/Sweden runner up.

I remember coming 2nd in the WC group stage worked out really well for them :hmmyes:

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
Scotland can only get into England's group which is fun.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
It’s really cool that we have to wait until the end of loving march to do these playoffs.

Play-off semi-finals

Thursday 26 March 2020
Path A: Iceland v Romania, Bulgaria v Hungary
Path B: Bosnia and Herzegovina v Northern Ireland, Slovakia v Republic of Ireland
Path C: Scotland v Israel, Norway v Serbia (18:00 CET)
Path D: Georgia v Belarus (18:00 CET), North Macedonia v Kosovo

Play-off finals

Tuesday 31 March 2020

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

As much as id love to see the Scotch somehow qualify and get into group F and end up breaking some 40 year old goals against record, they wont and sadly cant qualify to that group. Im not that bothered really who the teams our brave lads will face via the playoffs...Serbia v Croatia would be the most spicy probably, Norway who do produce some decent players seem to have been absent from major tournaments for about 20 years would just be happy to be there and take the 5-0 drubbing. The scotch would too but the thought of facing England might be too much to bare. Whatever after that i think England will win every game and bring it home.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

paddyboat posted:

It’s really cool that we have to wait until the end of loving march to do these playoffs.

Play-off semi-finals

Thursday 26 March 2020
Path A: Iceland v Romania, Bulgaria v Hungary
Path B: Bosnia and Herzegovina v Northern Ireland, Slovakia v Republic of Ireland
Path C: Scotland v Israel, Norway v Serbia (18:00 CET)
Path D: Georgia v Belarus (18:00 CET), North Macedonia v Kosovo

Play-off finals

Tuesday 31 March 2020

Just do them now!!! Just loving do them now! What the gently caress is the wait for?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Scotland will not be going to Euro 2020 as they’ll be facing the brave Norwegian lads in the playoff final

lmao

3peat
May 6, 2010

I rubbed my crystal balls, and the teams to qualify from the group stage are in bold:

Grupa A: Italia, Elveţia, Turcia,Ţara Galilor
Grupa B: Belgia, Rusia, Danemarca, Finlanda
Grupa C: Olanda, Ucraina, Austria, (România, Georgia, Macedonia de Nord, Kosovo, Belarus)
Grupa D: Anglia, Croaţia, Cehia, (Scoţia, Israel, Norvegia, Serbia)
Grupa E: Spania, Polonia, Suedia (Bosnia Herţegovina, Slovacia, Irlanda sau Irlanda de nord)
Grupa F: Germania, Franţa, Portugalia, (Islanda, Bulgaria, Ungaria)

The tournament winners will be France.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

How does a Romanian crystal ball not even have Romania qualifying?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Gigi Galli posted:

How does a Romanian crystal ball not even have Romania qualifying?

And a knockout stage with 12 teams

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The Southern half of Italy will also be European Champs.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm glad we're not in the Denmark/Russia/Belgium group because we've played those teams loads already.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

3peat posted:

I rubbed my crystal balls, and the teams to qualify from the group stage are in bold:

Grupa C: Olanda, Ucraina, Austria, (România, Georgia, Macedonia de Nord, Kosovo, Belarus)
Grupa E: Spania, Polonia, Suedia (Bosnia Herţegovina, Slovacia, Irlanda sau Irlanda de nord)

I like this. I like it a lot op.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

3peat posted:

I think your crystal ball needs calibrating if it thinks Finland are qualifying in a group with Belgium, Russia and Denmark in it.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Der Shovel posted:

I think your crystal ball needs calibrating if it thinks Finland are qualifying in a group with Belgium, Russia and Denmark in it.

Everything is possible, KAIKKIA PÄIHIN, etc.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Der Shovel posted:

Don’t be a wet blanket op

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

rear end cobra posted:

Don’t be a wet blanket op

It's my nature, I'm Finnish.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Der Shovel posted:

It's my nature, I'm Finnish.

Its not like you guys don’t have any prior experience massively owning the russian

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Russia has been handed a four-year ban from all major sporting events by the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada).

quote:

Despite the ban, Russia will be able to compete at Euro 2020 - in which St Petersburg will be a host city - as European football's governing body Uefa is not defined as a 'major event organisation' with regards to rulings on anti-doping breaches.

LMAO what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Let's be real. Can it really be a major event if Finland qualified?