Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I see now, ending Hummels' and Boatengs national team career was needed so Tah, Schulz, and Ginter could poo poo everything up, and leave that Nuremberg lad in because the midfield was totally not bereft of ideas.

Löw is a fox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
low is a genius who loses to a team playing Ryan Babel in tyool 2019 lmao

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wouldn't want 2 be German 4 a second lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Going to stroll through Berlin in my orange shirt today :troll:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

You’re Swiss.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

oliwan posted:

Do Belfast next

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Blue Star Error posted:

Do Belfast next

Lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well...

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Marcus Assturd

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Can someone explain to me why England doesn’t play Sancho, who is the second best player in the squad (behind Sterling)?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Can someone explain to me why England doesn’t play Sancho, who is the second best player in the squad (behind Sterling)?

Rashford plays for United

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

There's quite a few players missing from this, it's not the first team. You'd expect Trent, Sancho, maybe Mount to start on Tuesday against Kosovo.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

oliwan posted:

they'll think you're a garbageman

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

EvilHawk posted:

There's quite a few players missing from this, it's not the first team. You'd expect Trent, Sancho, maybe Mount to start on Tuesday against Kosovo.

Seems like this is the type of match to start Sancho and put it to bed early??? Relying on Henderson and rashford and Barkley for creativity seems.....questionable.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

they'll think you're a garbageman

well...

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ross Barkley is bad.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Mount on before Maddison gently caress off Gareth

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Kane really is quite a penalty taker

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Ox :)

That dive was hilarious

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Maddison should be scouring his family tree for an Irish grandparent

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Foreigners are ruining English football with their diving

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

I wonder what part of Bulgaria Wanderson Cristaldo Farias is from

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Plovdiv

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It’s cool they haven’t capped Maddison and also cool Foden isn’t in the squad

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It’s cool they haven’t capped Maddison and also cool Foden isn’t in the squad

Why would Foden be in the squad? He’s played 10 minutes of football this season, and that was a month ago.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/jeremysmith98/status/1170407456134094854

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
wtf i just assumed this was an 8 kick off and missed the whole thing

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

I saw this post then switched to the game, and the commentators had no idea why they weren't starting lol.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

kosovo are second in the group lol

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

oliwan posted:

I saw this post then switched to the game, and the commentators had no idea why they weren't starting lol.

it keeps getting better
https://twitter.com/jeremysmith98/status/1170409327238139904

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/sep/07/eight-czech-republic-fans-arrested-alleged-plans-drone-kosovo-euro-2020-qualifier

quote:

The Czech FA has said that six men and two women were arrested near the Kosovan capital of Pristina, where the game is taking place. Local police seized a drone, a Serbian flag and a banner that read “Kosovo is Serbia”, as well as fireworks and a knife, from two cars with Czech licence plates.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol, the french being french I guess

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Shrapnig posted:

Why would Foden be in the squad? He’s played 10 minutes of football this season, and that was a month ago.

Because he’s better than Barkley, Rice, Mount, the standard United dross in the squad, etc.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Because he’s better than Barkley, Rice, Mount, the standard United dross in the squad, etc.

Is he? He’s played 10 minutes of football.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Shrapnig posted:

Is he? He’s played 10 minutes of football.

This season.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

pik_d posted:

This season.

He didn’t play all that much last season either. Certainly not enough for him to be deemed some world beater midfielder who should be in the England team even with the trash that’s getting call ups ahead of him.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Shrapnig posted:

He didn’t play all that much last season either. Certainly not enough for him to be deemed some world beater midfielder who should be in the England team even with the trash that’s getting call ups ahead of him.

He started 11 games in all competitions for the best team in England as an 18 year old, and was subbed on in about 15 more games. How many games does an 18 year old need to start when sitting behind David Silva and Kevin de Bruyne?

I'm not arguing he should start every game for England now, and I guess it's OK that he's doing well for the U21s, but I don't really see an argument that he shouldn't be in the squad over Frank Lampard's Derby County's Mason Mount or Jesse "loving" Lingard.

pik_d fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Sep 7, 2019

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

pik_d posted:

He started 11 games in all competitions for the best team in England as an 18 year old, and was subbed on in about 15 more games. How many games does an 18 year old need to start when sitting behind David Silva and Kevin de Bruyne?

I'm not arguing he should start every game for England now, and I guess it's OK that he's doing well for the U21s, but I don't really see an argument that he shouldn't be in the squad over Frank Lampard's Derby County's Mason Mount or Jesse "loving" Lingard.

Almost all of those starts were in the FA and League Cup where squads are rotated heavily and most of his substitute appearances were late in matches that were already decided. I think he played 90 minutes once in the Premier League last season.

I’m not saying that he isn’t one for the future but he hasn’t logged enough professional minutes to be seriously considered for the full national team.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Bizarrre supporting Finnish national team right now. Mood is extraordinarily high and with the qualifiers half the way through and five games to go, the team is second in group with five point gap to Bosnia&H. Is this finally the goddam year we qualify for (men's) finals? Do not give me hope...

Italy at home on Sunday so that will be a tough test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

pik_d posted:

I'll give you Lingard, but Mount is literally starting regular games for one of the biggest sides in England, and scoring. Phil Foden is not. He might be an outstanding talent, but he's not getting anywhere near the minutes that Mount or Maddison are. If you're upset that he's not in the squad maybe take a look at your manager who is unwilling to play him when you are regularly beating teams by 4 or 5 goals.