Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
Mike and Albert reminded me a lot of Wodehouse's Mike and Psmith more than anything: getting into and out of scrapes (of which marriage is but the last Big Scrape, after which there can be hijinks no more).

I also enjoyed how Appleyard's devotion to lying to maintain propriety extended even to trivial things, like the repeated insistence that there just might be a little brandy left from when the Bishop of Bendigo came to lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

MockingQuantum posted:

I doubt I'll reread it but I may jump into the discussion. I'm excited to see what people think about the Law & Order SVU story.

me too