Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I just started the book but I'm already enjoying it. I'm going in pretty much as blind as possible, so I have no idea what I'm getting myself into

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

anilEhilated posted:

Yeah. Good idea, poorly handled even for fantasy. If you want something spooky for October, how about Kwaidan? It's a compilation of Japanese ghost stories recorded and retold by a 19th century journalist. Plus it's free.

e: Maltese Falcon would be cool to revisit too.

I would be strongly in favor of Kwaidan, or really any decent collection of spooky stories.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I didn't see the Kwaidan discussion but I'll keep it in mind for future months.

Next month's selection will be Her Body and Other Parties, which is a short story collection, has been popular in recent polls, and apparently has some horror themes.

I doubt I'll reread it but I may jump into the discussion. I'm excited to see what people think about the Law & Order SVU story.