Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Killer robot posted:

They already cast Faile so the first seems very unlikely at this point.

If there ever was a character that could have been safely cut this would have been it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Sanderson’s writing was better in some ways, worse than others, but I can’t imagine any author better to take over from Jordan.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I think they have a good point overall, but I don’t think it matters that much whether Wheel of Time has 8 or 10 episodes.

The problem is that we went from 22 episode seasons to 13 episode seasons, and then 10 became the norm and now 8. The promise was that there would no longer have to be filler episodes and instead tv could focus on the story, the opposite happened, stories are dragged out over multiple seasons instead of being resolved in a single one.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
A tv show can't do the books justice without at least 20+ episodes per book. As it is, I think they did the best they could (apart from Loial's awful wig)

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Even if you could somehow do each Wheel of Time book in two movies that would still be 28 high-budget movies, I doubt anyone is going to fund that.

Personally I thought Denis Villeneuve's Dune was a bit boring.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

El Grillo posted:

Why would you do them in two movies each?

Because the comparison was made to Denis Villeneuve’s Dune which consists of two movies made out of a book that has maybe half the plot of the first (and simplest) WoT book.

You could do each WoT book as a single movie, but you could also do each WoT book as a 5 minute short film, that doesn’t mean it would be good.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I don't think the show will make it to Dumai's Wells, but if it does it will be glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
For some reason they decided that Rand needed to cut his hair, despite his hair color being a significant story element, it’s just as odd as giving Loial that awful wig.