Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUQE0-G_GeU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm so glad Amazon's (mostly) releasing this as a week by week thing. That format works so well for the MCU/Mandalorian shows and makes them much more culturally prominent. This gives the series such a better chance of landing with non-book nerds

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

silvergoose posted:

Yeah it's definitely not at all coercing

I mean the ladies were basically forced to love him by the Pattern

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If you think this discourse is fun just wait until they do the Perrin spanks Faile scene

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Rand's anime harem is one of the least complicated things to adapt tbh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They won't turn Logain evil cause he's the dark emo hair prettyboy that all the teenage girls will love so he has to be the bad boy with a heart of gold

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Charlz Guybon posted:

Nobody better be poo poo talking Elayne in this thread. :colbert:

I'll poo poo talk Elayne in any thread I want :colbert:

she's ok

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I think Elayne is going to the character most served by not being written by a dude with some weird hangups about women. If they focus on the good parts of her character (extremely brave, adventurous, great political mind, very down to earth by regal standards) and drop all the haha bitches be crazy stuff like getting horny for her fake dad or the everyone's on their period sections with Egwene/Nynaeve then she should come across really well

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Do it as a bunch of quick cuts while mostly focusing on Rand's view of the battle

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Brolander posted:

one thing i really hope makes it in the show is the theme of characters confidently stating things we either find out later or know at the time aren't true at all. hopefully with smash cuts to drive it home

I mean this is basically Elaida's entire character :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ChubbyChecker posted:

a massive city that's not on coast or by a river

I feel like in a world where witches can magic up water at the drop of the hat this isn't quite so much of an issue

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

How quickly we forget the last turning of the wheel:

Posting art from this book should be a probatable offence

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sab669 posted:

There are a handful of listings for like $105 shipped on eBay^

Holy poo poo between that and Prophecies of the Dragon and my WoW RPG book I'm sitting on £350 :stare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Maybe it's just me but being self-referential about a swapped actor in an otherwis serious fantasy drama seems hokey as gently caress

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
She's also got the whole trying to figure out Herid Fel's last message thing (though I forget if that actually leads to anything)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Verin in book 12 is one of the high points of the series, you'd be insane to cut that out

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh poo poo Meera Syal rules! She'd be such a great Verin

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Barreft posted:

My problem is Perrin looks so drat dopey with his mouth open all the time.

It worked for Jon Snow :shobon:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ninjoatse.cx posted:

it will never be post "talk like a pirate day" era :colbert:

2006 called, it wants its jokes back

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Rand killing women is a huge part of his character arc, you couldn't really do TGS without it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The final 3 books are better than most of the Jordan ones. Jordan's over-verbose writing style was awful, the Sanderson trilogy just reads so much smoother

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jng2058 posted:

My biggest complaint about them isn't the change in writing styles and it isn't even the portrayal of Mat. It's Androl stealing all of Logain's thunder. Logain should have been the loyal Ashaman we follow in the last few books, and he's the one who should have done the hero moves that Androl gets. ESPECIALLY with Min's "glory" viewing! :colbert:

I disagree. Logain as a character is definitely underserved and should have had more screentime throughout the story but as a character he's far too morally grey for Androl's story which is far more a classic hero tale. From the little we see even once he joins the Black Tower his relationship with Rand is strained and he's more on the side of the Light cause Taim is a dick than anything else

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Johnny Joestar posted:

yo what bizarre book series are some of y'all reading because it doesn't sound like wheel of time

Someone switched the dust covers with Sword of Truth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The production value on this show keeps blowing me away. Even if the story changes and acting are pants it's still gonna be really cool getting to see these places and peoples fully realised on screen

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Gawyn's making it to the end cause his death is pretty key to Egwene's final moments

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
By the end of the series Galad shows the best of what the Whitecloaks could be. He shows flexibility, questions his judgments and displays genuine heroism. If you'd told me at the end of book 4 that I'd end up holding Galad way higher than Gawyn I woulda thought you were nuts

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Don't change Gawyn, show viewers must share our pain

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Gawyn and Egwene spent months together in Tar Valon before she left for Falme

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

uPen posted:

e: Get rid of Elayne too, Rand can date Galad.

:hmmyes:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ChubbyChecker posted:

most of the side characters in the books need to be cut, and gavin isn't needed for any major plots

he can be removed completely, or combined with galad easily

They're not cutting Gawyn

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
People on the side of the Light not communicating with each other is one of the major themes of the series. The Wonder Girls still meet up in Tel'aran'rhoid but develop clear idelogical splits with the boys that encourage them to keep away. As for the boys Mat's never gonna use anything tied to the One Power to communicate and Perrin's constantly on the move after heading to Ghealdan so it would be hard for Rand to track him down

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Egwene only becomes a badass in KoD and when she meets Gawyn after she firmly refuses to take his poo poo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Most of what I remember of Egwene in Salidar is her getting bitched out by Romanda and Lelaine. I guess there's the bit where she fucks up Mierin, that was cool

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Still not as bad as the time Perrin went to town on Faile in the Ways

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

silvergoose posted:

Which also, gratefully, happened off screen, mostly.

Has Rafe or anyone noted whether or not the very, very 90's corporal punishment is good view is being kept or not? I feel like they could easily enough remove it and just...not.

Considering the tone of the show is all about yay women and yay diversity I don't see them keeping the weird conservative hangups

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CainsDescendant posted:

Yeah I hope we as wot fans can not poo poo up the tviv thread as bad as the got fans did.

Goons gonna goon

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

buffalo all day posted:

im jeff bezos, thank you for your feedback :twisted:

Please stop going into space

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tbf assuming they still have the stuff about Rand being an outsider and Tam not being his real dad it'll still be pretty obvious

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I love that they're including Egwene as a potential Dragon Reborn. It instantly beefs up her character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It totally could be Chesmal Emry