Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Calenth posted:

Cool Stuff

There was a large section containing nothing but anime / manga, including reference works about manga. And this was back in the early 1990's when you couldn't just find that stuff in the local Waldenbooks.

In other words, going by the content of his library, I'm pretty sure the heavily animesque structure of WoT was both conscious and deliberate on Jordan's part.

That sounds great, cool that you had the chance to interact with him! I guess I should trawl that thread.

This last part though, the anime structure - I'm but an old retired weeb, so I'm not sure if I'm too young or too old for that similarity to become apparent, but I can't really see it. Like, what specific elements are you referring to with this? The way it kind of bounces around between the giant cast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU