Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
Just finished my first read, mostly loved it. What is everyone's thoughts on Taimandred? Did RJ really change the story because his message boards figured out his twist? lmao

Taim, Logain and Rand not really ever having a big moment together is probably my biggest bitch about the story, and Demandred being the Big Bad in AMoL felt a little out of left field. Seems like Taim being Demandred would have made some of this make a lot more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Shageletic posted:

Everything popping off at the Tower near the end of Towers of Midnight is everything I like about this series Jesus christ

Egwene whips so much rear end

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

regulargonzalez posted:

Asha'man GO, available on your appstore Q1 2024

Just 9.99 for a hundred lives. More. So many you could not count them.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

CainsDescendant posted:

I don't want a 1:1 adaptation! I get the realities of what it takes to get a series like this on screen at all. Probably my favorite adaptation of all time is The Expanse, which certainly takes some liberties with story and characters to get the story across in the time allotted.

The Expanse is a near perfect adaptation, because it was a second draft by the original creators. Not to mention that it was almost certainly originally written with the idea that it could be adapted to TV. WoT is an apples and bowling balls comparison.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

I have this dream Dark one kills me for some reason
He thinks I am a Reborn Dragon
The foresaken gathers 'round and then someone screams out
"I have won again Lew Therin"

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Oasx posted:

Personally I thought Denis Villeneuve's Dune was a bit boring.

Mods?

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

They could have actually made it moraine focused instead of the dumb mystery and following all the EFF. Who really needed to see that awful perin and egg white cloak scene? Him showing up with yellow eyes would have worked just as well, and plan for branching out after moraine gets fridged in the wastes. The return to EF is going to have to diverge from the books massively anyway in the show.

That could have had some very good pacing in the early books. It's not like they were against using flashbacks for important scenes i.e. Tam and him actually killing some whitecloaks is better than fridge wife (iirc, I'll never rewatch the series)

Pacing is an issue, and giving all characters something to do while also sticking to the source material is really tough. You provided probably the worst possible example of something to cut for my taste. Perrin and the Whitecloaks rules, and it also has ties to the endgame of the story. Perrin doesn't have enough to do as it is in the first six books, I'm not cutting his coolest stuff.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

DarkHorse posted:

At least an entire season of flicker flicker or I riot

A hundred minutes of this. More. So much we could not count it.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Amazon is really at fault for the casting issues - the scheduling they want to do for seasons makes no sense. People need to work, and waiting months to know if a show is picked up creates these conflicts. Seems like this has been improved over the last year or so. The Thom actor is great and him coming and going isn't the end of the world. He does that a ton in the books. Doesn't hurt that he's a pretty perfect look for my minds-eye idea for the character.

Re: Callandor - IMO, it's a perfectly cromulent thing to drop if the goal is eight seasons, particularly if all of S3 is going to be TSR. I remember being bummed how little it was used along the way considering how it was an entire book spent to acquire it. I think we learned from Ingtar that if a something isn't given it's full due, it's preferable that it's just dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Show crushed this dynamic, and all of Lanfear in general