Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Future Me Hates Me
Sep 27, 2018
I wonder if they'll save the stone of tear for a later season since in the books Rand uses Callandor once then sticks it back into the floor for several books.

They could also wait to introduce balefire until whatever season Rand fights Rahvin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Future Me Hates Me
Sep 27, 2018
I think they reason Nynaeve didnt cut the arrow off and do whatever proper medical procedures are usually required for removing an arrow, is because the writers wanted to show it as a negative alternative to her being able to use the power.

If she was able to easily slip the arrow easily out the conflict with her not being able to channel would be less pronounced and viewers might even think her arc is that she dosnt need channeling and she can do old fashioned healing.

It didnt bother me, but I also havent watched a lot of fantasy/ historical fiction so proper arrow care is not something I had previous knowledge about.

Future Me Hates Me
Sep 27, 2018
Im also in the camp of thinking that EoTW is a weaker book.

Mostly because I found Rand annoying and the vast majority of the book is told from his perspective.

It also has the a lot of Thom or Moiraine explaining things about the world that comes off more like homework than having it come up more organically in the story. Probably necessary beacause of the amount of information that needs to be set up though.

I only read the series for the first time this year so It may also be that I wasnt invested in the characters or story enough yet.

Future Me Hates Me
Sep 27, 2018
First season of Severance was nine episodes so clearly that's the superior number.

Future Me Hates Me
Sep 27, 2018
I could also see them having Leane turn on Siuan during the coup and slot into Alviarin's role. That might be too much of a change from the books though.

Future Me Hates Me
Sep 27, 2018
Has no one considered that maybe Loial's just a fuckin' badass?

Future Me Hates Me
Sep 27, 2018
It makes no sense from a tv writing perspective to introduce a cool new sword that the audience wont get to see used for several years.

It'd probably add more tension if you give Rand callandor when hes in the middle of his PTSD arc anyway

Future Me Hates Me
Sep 27, 2018

El Grillo posted:

People love poo poo coming back from earlier seasons though. Old characters and stuff. It's what makes long shows feel tied together?

Fair enough, I guess I just mean it makes more sense for a show that has time constraints. Callandor going into hibernation came off to me as a redsult of some of the sloppiness that came with Jordan extending the series past what he orginally intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Future Me Hates Me
Sep 27, 2018
He barely even has a single moustache, let alone multiple.