Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
My new head canon is that Ishamael is ace because all he cares about is ending the world and he has no time for love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Shageletic posted:

I hope they get into his rational that it's only sensible to be on the DO's side because the Dragon Reborn needs to win every battle to keep the world going and the DO only has to win once.

The DO winning wouldn't even make him happy is such a cruel irony. The DO wanting to remake the pattern and not destroy is just trading one unhappy existence for another to him.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Invalid Validation posted:

The DO is the ultimate evil, pure apathy. He don’t give a poo poo what happens.

Nah I mean Ishamael wouldn't be happy.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Mat complaining constantly and then doing the right thing anyway is one of his best traits.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

This Egwene poo poo is real hard to watch but every scene with Lanfear owns.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Yeah the Lan stuff is bad. However every time Lanfear is on screen it’s the most hype poo poo.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Yeah but Rand killing some warders bare handed will be great.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Didn't expect the new hosed up backstory for Liandrin.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Ryma should have learned Balefire instead of that folding trick. Could have saved her husband.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

The parts with Egwene, Lanfear and Ishamael I loved. The fight I couldn't get over the kind of goofy choreography of it all. None of it felt like it flowed well. It did not do anything to sell how dangerous damane actually are in battle and you get shots that just feel like everyone is standing around doing nothing. The stuff in Cairehian was just kind of boring. I hate everything they have done with Lan this season and hopefully it's over with soon. An episode with some high highs and some low lows.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

I have no confidence the circus will happen and I don't think it even should really.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

CainFortea posted:

Given how hard the books play on the reality of how poorly information travels, I don't think we can rule out that it didn't happen. It could have come up hundreds of times before and buried.

Yeah I suspect it's been known before and suppressed for the good of the empire.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Wheel of Time season 3 will have an exciting new feature: Ads

https://www.engadget.com/amazons-prime-video-will-show-ads-unless-you-pay-3-more-per-month-111709384.html?src=rss&guccounter=1

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

The writing and acting and costume work for Ishaemael and Lanfear has me thinking maybe swearing to the shadow is a good idea.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Was Logain able to see Rand drawing in Saidin? Because it seemed like it, but that just might be TV being what it is and he couldn't actually.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Devorum posted:

Moirainne was also able to see Verin's weaves earlier in the season during the Myrdraal incursion.

Yeah, I'm still thinking she is shielded not stilled though.

I think he said he saw his strength in the power not the Ta'Veren-ness in the show. Also in the books when he saw Rand in Camelyn it was before he was gentled not after like the show.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

The Seanchan storyline is always going to feel bad because it's incomplete. The end of the series is a geographically divided land with one half a free people and another half a slave state. A loose confederation of states brought together for common cause against a greater threat. It's setup a lot like America was post revolution and feels like a reckoning was due, but will never see it through now due to Jordans death. I think if Jordan lived we would have seen the end of the damane, but now all we can do is speculate.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Grundulum posted:

After Turok, how many Seanchan nobles die on-screen?

Not enough.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Everything to do with the Seanchan just makes my blood boil and even more so that we will never get it resolved.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

No sword fight I guess.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Oh Mat has a lightsaber now.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Oh my god Uno.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Yeah Ingtar I don’t know why they even included him or that scene. It barely resembles the scene from the books and serves no real purpose in the show just cut him from the runtime and use those minutes more wisely. If you don’t set up his character and his arc at all it doesn’t really land with any weight. Feels like they included it just as poorly done fan service. I’d rather they just cut that plot instead of doing it poorly.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

The one power adds dignity to what would otherwise be an ugly brawl.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

ChubbyChecker posted:

eh

imo dead people's works should be left in peace. finishing wot was kinda borderline case, because the og author had written scripts on how it should end and wanted someone to finish it

I don't think I would call it borderline. He prepared speficially so someone could finish it due to knowing he was dying. It was his explicit will. I would say that only extends to finish through the last battle though and not the outrigger novels that had no notes for them.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

I always pictured him a lot more anime pretty like as well, but that actor is hot.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Season 2 is better than Season 1, but still heavily flawed. Watch it I guess.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

seaborgium posted:

They're gonna have to drop the whole trial, or massively rework it anyways. Morgase could make the decision she did because in the book technically Perrin killed Whitecloaks inside Andor. The same thing might be doable using some overarching treaty all the nations follow regarding mercenaries, but that seems kind of iffy considering the state of the world even prior to all the chaos starting up.

Can't wait for the next trial for the Whitecloaks he killed outside Andor.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

I want a Lanfear daily life in the Age of Legends spinoff show.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

It must be exhausting always rooting for the Aiel hero.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

The body swap thing was because of the balefire crossing I believe and then the lady at the end (Nakomi) is a servent of the creator and helped do it. Similar to how Shadar Harin was a special like servent / avatar of the Dark One. The thing about the former damane helping Rand die was just her giving Rand the big bag of money it's kind of stupid. The pipe lighting is probably Rand having some kind of limited control over the pattern now. He existed outside the pattern briefly and got some new powers because of it.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

I remember reading that theory back when it was made and was not at all surprised when it happened. I expected it to actually be true. The years of theorizing was the best.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

flashman posted:

This show is ok it would be better if I didn't read the books though imo

I've kind of settled on the show is fine/good, but a poor adaption of the books.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

I believe the rights were signed when Jordan was still alive so I really doubt it.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

It's called The Last Battle but it's not actually the last battle. It has happened before and will happen again. Herid Fel lays this all out in book 6.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

IIRC they also had to spend a bunch of the budget on just setting up a production company in Prague.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

CainFortea posted:

Is that really evil though? Semirhag was censured before the bore, and she was actually causing pain and enjoying it

Was this before the bore or after? Because once the bore was made it was still around 100 years until the actual war of the power. She defected to the shadow after being told she could swear on the binder or be severed according to the wiki (which might not be correct because hey its a wiki) so her being caught for it was after the bore.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

I think a lot of people just wanted to see their favorite moments from the books on screen, and the show isn't doing that. Those moments get cut like the flicker flicker scene, or they get done poorly like Ingtar sacrifice or Lan preparing Rand to meet with Siuan.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Valentin posted:

also it's just not going to get 6-8 seasons and shouldn't be plotting that way but I try not to fault creatives for ambition

Yeah at 2 years a season, season 8 would air in 2035 let’s say you film until 2034. There is no chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

it's a dark triumph at best

there is nothing good about 'kneel, aes sedai, or you will be knelt.'

It does own though.