Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
Book 6 is the worst one to skip. It probably has the best last quarter of a book with Dumai's Well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
If they do nudity just do it like Spartacus. There was a good comprise there between male and female nudity. In fact they just need to make more Spartacus, or I need to sit down and watch it again.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Atlas Hugged posted:

the soundtrack.

Is this the soundtrack? Apparently, I bought this back in 2003. :lol:

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

The Neal! posted:

oh my gosh, it's on spotify and now I'm listening to it and it is AWFUL. Loving it.

At least you didn't spend money on it like I did! Also, bought the terrible art book as well. I was apparently quite dumb with my money back in the day.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
Well she did play a demon in Ash vs Evil Dead. So definitely some kind of Black Ajah.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

DarkHorse posted:

Spoilers for the end of the series (A Memory of Light)

The best example of how badass Thom is comes when he's just chilling outside the cave in Shoyol Ghul while Rand is doing his thing. Channelers keep trying to get in, and he keeps killing them and stacking their bodies like cordwood behind a rock.

And he's done it so much and so confidently he spends the time in between composing a song, because apparently murdering a bunch of channelers is no big thang for him

Holy poo poo, I do not remember this. Guess I need to finish my re-read. I made to the end of book 6 before I decided I was done for a bit.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
Isn't Faile also a few years younger than the group? I thought she was younger than Egwene but I may be misremembering.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
The ending of that book was so amazing to read for the first time back in the day. It never even crossed my mind about Taim knowing where to gate to and I've read those first 7 books so many times.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
The Gathering Storm is great because it's like Rand yelling at the clouds.

The eBook covers came out pretty awesome, specially Lord of Chaos.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Data Graham posted:

Isn't that the one they had to have him redraw from scratch because at first he drew Rand facing the house?

e:

That's the one I remember, and had on my books.

Vavrek posted:

To be clear: Rand does shout at the sky in The Gathering Storm.

fake edit: Actually, looking at the cover, that's exactly the scene being depicted.

This one is much better, and honestly I have no recollection of the Sanderson books since I only read them once.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
I want to say the soundtrack was one of my first purchases on Amazon. Got the CD buried somewhere in a box.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
There is already awesome merch. I bought that when it first came out all of these years ago.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
I wonder if they'll show what easing the badger is.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
I just want an epic Dumai's well. Easily the best sequence in the series m

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I gotta say though, for as much as darrell k sweet's work generally missed the mark both artistically and subject matter wise it is still invocative as gently caress and makes me want to exist in that strange world.

One of my first Amazon purchases. I still have that and the BBoBA sitting near my computer. I open the artbook occasionally to get a good chuckle.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

CainsDescendant posted:

Also the White Tower in general may as well have been an institution serving the shadow. Ishamael popping by to sabotage it every thousand years and a solid third of its members being darkfriends means that lovely cliquey behavior preventing any real progress or good from happening was not only human behavior but baked into the institution itself. I often complain about the Aes Sedai being useless, but it's a systemic failure that was basically impossible to fix until the shakeup of the books' events happened.

The perfect description of academia. Which is how I've always imagined the Aes Sedi being, other than the obvious metaphor of the white tower.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Torrannor posted:

Dumai's Wells

I want to series to survive just to see this. One of my favorite parts of the entire series.

I keep realizing I do not remember anything from the last 3 books. I need to finish my re-read one of these days. I burned through 1-6 last year but stopped at 7.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

MajorBonnet posted:

Fingers crossed for Darrell K. Sweet cover t-shirts.

I want a scene from each season that look exactly like his covers. Specially Rand yelling at the sky one.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

CainFortea posted:

This video makes a few references to things past this point in the book, but mostly out of context I think. Makes me laugh every time.

https://i.imgur.com/K2HxLhs.mp4

Lol. Old clothes, balefire.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Gwaihir posted:

quoting this for lmaos later

I can't wait for the reaction at the end. I hope the makes it that far.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Ok, quote this post by midnight Christmas EST if you want this gangtag added to your profile:

Few rules:

if you already have three gangtags you'll have to ask me to wipe one of them to replace it with this one
the gangtag will link back to this thread
Some people have grandfathered code in their profiles, no guarantees if you're one of those but I'll try to avoid loving it up

Definitely sign me up.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
Hot
Thom
Merillin
Love

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
Now I'm imagining the fight between Mr. Bean and Rand in Rhuidean. drat it, now I want it to happen.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

CainsDescendant posted:

In the reread I did last year she was my mental casting for Sorilea, I think she would do well in that role

That's one I imagined her in when that tweet popped up last year. I always imagined Sorilea with that gravely voice.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Hexel posted:

Thankfully we have a meme for this :sun:

drat it, I know that the show will never be able to live up to this.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
She was in Killing Eve and I remember her being pretty decent. Those pictures are making me excited to see her in action.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
gently caress, this better come out soon.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
The whole Dumai's Well is still one of my favorite scenes in the book. The brand new Asha'man just wasting everyone. I need to sit down and do a full re-read and finish it this time.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Data Graham posted:

Lol I've always thought the theme park caricaturist guy in Falme would have to be one of the most iconic and visual parts of any TV adaptation.

e: I scribbled this during my first readthrough

Legit :lol: That is now canon.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
Those spears look ridiculously long. I always imagined them about 3ft with maybe a foot long tip.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
I'm not sure if I want to see Moridin, the actor for Ishy is killing it.

One thing I'm curious about is how are they going to work Rand becoming a blademaster.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
We finally got to the last episode. Our daughter who never paid attention was really sad with Hopper's death. Overall I thought it was good, a few scenes from the book I would have liked to see with more impact, i.e. Ingtar's death. I'm hoping for more episodes to let the show breath some.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Sea Folk women will be fully clothed, and the men will be dicks out in a shocking twist in this new turning of the wheel!

I mean my wife is only in it for Lan so this will really keep her attention.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
God drat. My wife will definitely want season 3 sooner. Though I think she's more of a Lan fan.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
I can not wait for episode 8. That title makes me so excited.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
As long as we get Dumai's Well. I'll be extremely happy.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

mastajake posted:

Guest director Sam Raimi for Dumai's Wells.

Sold! Bruce Campbell as Taim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Invalid Validation posted:

Lanfear in cool clothes!

I want every episode of season 3 to up her outfits. Loved those outfits in season 2.