Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My first time appearing in a Photoshop Phriday :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spatial trait
Aug 7, 2009

LadyPictureShow posted:

My first time appearing in a Photoshop Phriday :swoon:

:same: feels like I got called up to the big leagues

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Thank you.
Oh.... well anyways...

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Nice doggy.

:snort:

John Dounce
Jan 17, 2012

Stanky Bean posted:

A little shameless bump in case anyone missed it, and in the same vein may I present "In Lowtax's Place"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHRaIrUSFC4

This is goddamn beautiful. How do we get this embedded into this thread?
Also, 00:13, 00:22 and 00:24 are prime avatar material.
What do you use to make these? I've only ever used photoshop for gifs and the results look wonky as hell.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Cable Guy posted:

Thank you.

Oh.... well anyways...

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm not too proud to admit that I made some mistakes yesterday and spent some time in Cat Jail. I spent my time productively, though, in the hopes that I can prevent more wayward goons from going down the same road to a life of crime.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I think it was around 2012. I don't remember the goon's name, and I don't know whatever happened to them, but their photos made an impression on me.

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

Mondo Gatto posted:

This is goddamn beautiful. How do we get this embedded into this thread?
Also, 00:13, 00:22 and 00:24 are prime avatar material.
What do you use to make these? I've only ever used photoshop for gifs and the results look wonky as hell.

I think the secret to gif making is really in the compression process at the end. I don't actually have photoshop on this computer and did that with mostly just DaVinci Resolve 16 which is free. I may see if I can export some avatar sized gifs later if I can get a moment. If there are any posters out there with strong gif skills, let us know your secrets. I heard Krita (also free) has decent gif making capabilites.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

This is so good.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Stanky Bean posted:

I think the secret to gif making is really in the compression process at the end. I don't actually have photoshop on this computer and did that with mostly just DaVinci Resolve 16 which is free. I may see if I can export some avatar sized gifs later if I can get a moment. If there are any posters out there with strong gif skills, let us know your secrets. I heard Krita (also free) has decent gif making capabilites.

In the not free department, Premiere will export excellent animated gif sequences, with huge file sizes, that you can import in Photoshop and use Optimize For Web in the File menu to compress it to your liking with fine control over quality vs file size.

Bronze Fonz fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Sep 14, 2019

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

my pride...

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Stanky Bean posted:

my pride...

Printing this out and hanging it over my posting station as we speak

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm not too proud to admit that I made some mistakes yesterday and spent some time in Cat Jail. I spent my time productively, though, in the hopes that I can prevent more wayward goons from going down the same road to a life of crime.

:3: !

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Bronze Fonz posted:

In the not free department, Premiere will export excellent animated gif sequences, with huge file sizes, that you can import in Photoshop and use Optimize For Web in the File menu to compress it to your liking with fine control over quality vs file size.

I want the blurry smiley in the background to be :frogout:

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

honda whisperer posted:

I want the blurry smiley in the background to be :frogout:

Good idea:

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

:perfect:

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Eh, I do animated GIFs in GIMP and it's fine for a few frames but anything complicated takes forever.

Xaintrailles fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Sep 15, 2019

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Captain Hygiene posted:

loving lmao :five:

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

John Dounce
Jan 17, 2012

WebMCam + Export for web in Photoshop, pretty decent.
I'll look into Davinci Resolve, thanks Bean!

Bronze Fonz posted:

That fleshlight looks brutal, but I guess if its special buy ...

Captain Hygiene posted:

Good news OP, ya made it!

Number two on the whole internet! :toot:
And of course christian propaganda has the top spot :argh:
Maybe we need a chick tract to compete with them ...

John Dounce fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Sep 15, 2019

TipsyMc
Sep 5, 2004

I visited BYOB and all I got was this lousy avatar

TipsyMc fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 15, 2019

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

What does it say on the helmet?

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

Mondo Gatto posted:

WebMCam + Export for web in Photoshop, pretty decent.
I'll look into Davinci Resolve, thanks Bean!

Lol those are great, I was experimenting with something similar

I may make another loop of the hipswing with the fyad background restored instead of transparency.

I just ended up using a mixture of irfanview for batch conversions and gimp for the giffing
and i think the frames in the animation below are off i need to mess with it and reexport so if someone wants to avatar it just wait a bit

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Stanky Bean fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 15, 2019

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

Ok made some avatar versions of FYAD soldier

Removed the zoom on the background so it would loop better, had to pull one frame to get it under 150kb as I wasn't going to jump back to almost the beginning to try with a slightly more restricted palette

Enlarged to full avatar size and tried to minimize black outline

Stanky Bean fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Sep 15, 2019

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Holy gently caress

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

Stanky Bean fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Sep 15, 2019

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Here's another promising WWII poster, the US Govt advocating for the use of hookahs if one absolutely HAD to smoke in bed.

https://digitalcollections.hclib.org/digital/collection/p17208coll3/id/1571/rec/7

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

RandomPauI posted:

Here's another promising WWII poster, the US Govt advocating for the use of hookahs if one absolutely HAD to smoke in bed.

https://digitalcollections.hclib.org/digital/collection/p17208coll3/id/1571/rec/7

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

:negative:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I can't find a fitting poster to modify, but if someone can, we need one for the second best home remodel: The Bathroom. (Does that one have a name like Groverhaus?)

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Kheldarn posted:

I can't find a fitting poster to modify, but if someone can, we need one for the second best home remodel: The Bathroom. (Does that one have a name like Groverhaus?)

Try production/industrial propaganda, maybe.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Kheldarn posted:

Something something load bearing beam

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

Bathdoom was a popular nickname.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's beautiful :stwoon: