Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

mallratcal posted:

Vic's lawyer now forging signatures

Wait what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Some of them genuinely, honestly believed that Toei would be super angry over a dub actor being removed from the role.

That's an amazing thought process given there are examples of Japanese companies trying to scrub entire characters from a piece of media because the voice actor got kicked out (a recent Yakuza game and one of its voice actors getting arrested for drugs, for example).

e: https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/04/05/yakuza-team-comments-on-judgment-character-swap-after-drugs-scandal

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Sep 8, 2019

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I. M. Gei posted:

I meant that I’m wondering if a cop should try to track them down irl. I’m sure the police know people that can do that.

The police are aware of the death threats, and were part of how the judge was notified about them. Death threats against public officials are taken real seriously.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Julias posted:

Yeah, as much as I believe Vic is a dirtbag, I also 100% believe he got swindled into this whole ordeal and was a victim of his own ego keeping him in a bubble, never fully realizing what the consequences of his actions were going to be or really any of the finer details in what was going down in his name essentially.

I don't really feel sorry for Vic though, since this is probably the closest form of justice that he can face for his actions though.

Maybe if they were the first lawyers he tried to hire, but he went through multiple lawyers who told him to not even try to start this case. He was set on suing from the beginning.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

Risembool Rangers

Of course that's what they're called. Of course.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I have seen them argue "the manga sucked the original anime is where the good writing is."

Mysteriously the original anime has much more rape, killing of female characters, and no Olivier Armstrong

To be fair, Olivier didn't even exist in the manga at the time the first anime started production, and first showed up the month before that anime ended. It did have Catherine Armstrong, though.

No real excuses for the off-screen rape, though, goddamn that sucked.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

AnoHito posted:

Didn't the original writer also have a good amount of impact on the anime, anyway?

Yes, she just separated from the anime to focus on the manga, since it was still only two years old at that point.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

It only applies in criminal cases.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

It gets worse:

What the loving gently caress

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Every good guy was in opposition. Hell, even Bradley hated his part in everything. He just couldn't do anything about it because Father and Pride would absolutely dumpster him and his wife for it (see: what happened to Greed once he was dragged back home). "My wife is the only thing I chose for myself" and all that.

But yea that would require them to actually read/watch and understand FMA.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

MechaX posted:

The funniest thing about the YYH dub is that Vic is probably the weakest actor in the entire series

Didn't even know he was on the cast of YYH. Fuckin Urashima and Bui???

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Worked for Ken Akamatsu over in Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Have they actually finished moving over the entire Funimation catalog?