Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

taichara posted:

Most of the loudest screamers I've seen that are defending Vic are DBZ fans, actually. There's not that much fuss about FMA these days but DBZ is on an uptick again and all this erupted when the Broly movie released (with Broly voiced by Vic).

Most of the FMA response I've seen has been "Ed would rather be mute than voiced by this sex pest", I don't know if that's just a side effect of not following chuds though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

There are like a billion lawyers scummier than Nick and Ty that haven’t been disbarred. If it ever happens it won’t be for a long time.

"Likelihood of being disbarred" seems to be tied at least in part to "how visible a stain you are on the legal profession as a whole" so I'd say Ty's chances are higher than if he'd had this exact same performance in court with literally any other less-public client, tbh

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

https://twitter.com/sgtdrill/status/1180215176106315777?s=21

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Skwirl posted:

They're probably trying to sue him or something.

When your first SLAPP fails, go somewhere with less anti-slapp protection and try again?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Skwirl posted:

On iphones if you add your favorite swear words to your contacts list they'll stop being autocorrected away.

the saner way is if you go to settings->general->keyboard->text replacement, you can just set up a list of words you want to explicitly have (just fill in phrase, shortcut can be blank)

and then when you yell “gently caress” siri won’t try to queue up a call or text message to a nonexistent contact

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Covok posted:

So, basically, their motion to appeal will be denied because they can't be bothered to learn basic court proceedings.

can't wait for a month, gotta file something for the youtube video now so you can point to it and talk about your sick owns

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

FilthyImp posted:

Nothing like a 10 mile trip that GMaps reads as an hour+ because of traffic! :suicide:

Oh gently caress me Star Trek Continues was actually a half decent effort of course it has to be tainted now loving pedo.

Not all star trek fans are pedos, but all pedos are star trek fans

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Midjack posted:

Already gone.

It’s there, just not embedded properly for some reason

https://twitter.com/shane_holmberg/status/1199821636314304512?s=21

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/opossumhag/status/1200203428678569984?s=21

:allears:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Midjack posted:

lol holy poo poo

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
The first anime is worth a watch if you have it via netflix if only for the progressively more :psyduck: plot twists, but absolutely don’t spend money on it and agreed that manga > brotherhood overall

it’s also impressive how thoroughly the 2003 anime manages to remove all agency from or otherwise reduce to background characters literally every strong female character over the course of the series+movie, that particular aspect probably dovetails with the OG writer backing off to work on the manga in hindsight

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Senerio posted:

A friend who is on constaff showed me her con's no-no list and Vic is underlined and circled repeatedly.

i wonder how many cons vic got into because the person doing the invites didn't know he was a missing stair and then everyone else was like "well it'd be too awkward to uninvite him"

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Only relevant because of our (actually) favorite recurring character in this saga, but

Judge Who Originally Approved Sketchy UNC 'Silent Sam' Settlement Now Voids Deal, Realizing 'Confederate' Group Had No Standing

quote:

Incredibly, UNC is still defending its decision to not just give this monument to racism to a group that celebrates its racist history, but to give them a huge chunk of money as well.

:nallears:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
I guess if there's a theoretical bottom of the barrel to scrape that hasn't (yet) hit "bad enough to be disbarred", you're going to scrape the same people out

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Ignis posted:

Keffals is on a roll, lol

Midjack posted:

rip in piss

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
There's an entire hyper local anime con drama thread with more details that's worth an lmao

https://twitter.com/elocin7_/status/1589056038111956992

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
what a terrible day to have eyes

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
The real comedy is apparently after bomberguy's video, even more people piped up with allegations about tommy stealing some if not all of the music he was actually theoretically notable for.

https://twitter.com/lebrickster/status/1643222953293762560

also some people are questioning whether he actually plays the guitar during VGL performances or just air guitars a sync but I think the jurys's out on that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
it's because he's legally a proven loser and nobody likes a loser, there's plenty of more charismatic sexpests out there who haven't made the awkward mistake of taking things to court