Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

hosed up that the court found that a massive sex creep is a massive sex creep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/LawoftheGame/status/1170058919739183104?s=20

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/LawoftheGame/status/1170079057985196032?s=20

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

HIJK posted:

why is everything a conspiracy to these people

Its either that there is a conspiracy by women to falsely accuse men or else admit to having a toxic worldview

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Clarste posted:

To be fair, that's not what this particular case is about. It's about whether these people conspired to get him fired from Funimation and banished from conventions.

i dont want
to be fair

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

No I will be mod. fairly

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Hes a character on south park

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/WhippleMarc/status/1170955202331140096?s=20

Trap sp rung
Snobs

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

We lost this battle, badly. We have no soldiers left and only one gun. But we learned a lot about the enemy and in future engagement we'll know we should bring weapons

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Theyre firing their bullets all wrong, so while our guys are dead we actually won

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Yo lets just stick to making fun of the silly legal arguments rather than starting to doxx the lawyers.

Hype for some transcript dunks. Thirsty for justice

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Shorthand isnt that unusual. Its what they did before audio recording

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The lawyers try to negotiate a settlement which, at this point, will probably be along the following lines:

- Vic drops remaining claims
- Vic pays a smaller amount of damages than he woukd if case continued
- Defendants can move on with their lives rather than have this hanging over them

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

From page 4 it almost sounds like the hearing happened because of the threats, like the judge is trying to get the situation deescalated

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

From reading the entire thing, that seems exactly whats happened. People are making death threats and the judge wants to just get the case done so they can move on

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Piell posted:

This makes it seem seem pretty clear that hes going to dismiss everything if they can't come to an agreement, but would prefer that they settle this so it doesn't drag on in appeals for years and continue ruling up the Vicstans making death threats.

I mean much as id like to see him dismiss the rest of the charges nothing hes said there really indicates what he'll do with the rest, and obviously jamie is included because vic can still appeal the decision.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

In the nicest way can we not get bogged down in making fun of the way that anime fans look or present. Maybe stick to the case.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Piell posted:

This reads to me like he's planning on dismissing everything.

Reads to me more that hes aware that vic's side is probably going to appeal anyway, hence why jamie is included in this.

Then again, we're both trying to second guess the intent of a guy we never met.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Broly is strong and girthy

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1b3BuDW1qh4

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Captain Baal posted:

Fair, but irrelevant

Y'all are talking about dubs

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Captain Baal posted:

Yeah, but this is a thread about a dub voice actor, who the gently caress cares about Victor Joseph Mignogna other than people who are familiar with english dub poo poo?

The alt-right, it seems

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

We enjoy highbrow conversations about law here. Take your gbs tier deaththreats,to gbs

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Its pretty good going given that theyve managed to set up a meeting between a minimum of 4 lawyers and 1 mediator who all live in different places and one of whom had a weeks leave

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Hes an idiot is all.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

ChaseSP posted:

Got some juicy quotes? It's exhausting going through all the lies they tell themselves at times.

Its pretty boring

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Maybe making the homophobe get paid to continue voicing gay roles isnt the sick own you think it is.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The only scam Funimation are running is their nonfunctional PS4 app and other longrunning technical issues

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I like the bit where he asked for september 21st off instead

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Generally works fine for me? :shrug:

Goongratulations

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Its hard to call it one way or another, basically the judge isnt letting them gather new evidence to support the misconduct at this stage, but hes said in the thing that if it becomes relevant he may change his mind, but he feels they have a better chance by bringing up the gfm

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I don't think we need your mum to actively ask questions

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I s this the actual appeal, or just the transcript of last years sanction hearing. My guess is the latter

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I mean he's appealing the court case he ain't gonna do a stream saying "actually theyre right i am a piece of poo poo, legally"

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I hate to make this thread about the roles he plays and not news and facts about the litigation, but i remember a video with the creator of rwby in. The basic gist being that the writers had to keep getting pulled back from planning multi season arcs rather than the immediate future. I'd imagine thats why the character is still around, because of that bad habit.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Vic

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

There's a Pico meme? :stonk:

Q: Whats this anime?
A: *lies* Boku no Pico

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

From reading various Twitter threads I don’t think we’re expecting an appeal verdict until around February.

The point of the various appeals is, of course, to wear the defence down.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sometimes i wonder if this thread should just get locked until the expected update in the vic case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

So about that vic. What an rear end in a top hat right guys