Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

JYB always struck me as a guy with a lot of range that he never gets to use, whenever he's allowed to embellish he turns in fun stuff but for a long time nobody would hire him to do anything beyond really standard shounen protagonist-kuns

Honestly that kinda feels like a huge chunk of the industry about ten years ago, I think like, Liam O’Brian maybe was one of the only VAs from that era that did different voices instead of getting casted to do the same voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I suspect he thought fame and popularity would somehow let him come out the hero with a quick quashing of all these slanderous accusations from terrible women against such a fine upstanding professional voice actor beloved by many underage female fans. Instead he ran head-first into nasty things like evidence and impartial judges who don't watch Full Metal Alchemist or Dragon Ball Super.

I thought it was at least partially that his army of sycophants convinced him that he could actually win. At least that’s what I remember.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Man, it was one thing when it was Vic’s rabid stans calling the umpteen people that all came forward to collaborate the fact that he was a serial rapist (before he even became a voice actor!) but now it’s just really obvious that some people really hate women. :(

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Ray Chase already voiced a stand user of the week from Part 3 iirc so I guess so?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

But then you’re missing out on the final boss’s English performance :(

That’s what YouTube is for, friend.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Wark Say posted:

And given that some of the reports of him being a rapey shithead go back +30 years, I bet my guitar collection that he got shuffled out of/lost the majority of those jobs because of the aforementioned rapey shitheadedness.

Tbh I kinda suspect him getting shuffled out of half his jobs is just cause he’s not great to work with, like there’s that video from way back in the day of Schemmel and Strait ripping on him and i honestly can’t remember anything significant he did in a long while that wasn’t a reprisal except Rohan and that one RWYB character.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
So the main link is dead, from what I can infer some tiny company brought him on as the voice director and for some additional voices without the other actors’ knowledge?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Tbh I assume that once you’re in the booth it makes actual problems with your contract to back out, it just usually never comes up because most prominent anime dub voice directors usually tend to get along with their peers having been former/current anime voice actors and even in a world without him being outed by Broly it seems like an exceptionally odd choice by that metric.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
This whole shitshow basically started with Monica Rial admitting she was raped around the time Broly came out and the accusations started. At least I’m pretty sure that’s what went down.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
kenny laurdale’s channel is pretty cool, he mostly checks out older stuff that’s sometimes niche even in Japan.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Dyslexia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

Didn’t Niosi and Flynn’s careers largely dry up after their stories broke, at least? Like, just glancing at IDBM, Flynn’s only had two roles in three years.

Afaik Flynn’s basically retired from acting anyway since he moved out of California. At least, that’s what I remember.