Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
At least he isn't full frontal this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Yeah, definitely say that poo poo without reciepts or explanation. Normal thing to post.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

It's crazy to me that anyone will make posts like that without naming names.

EDIT: oh, it was the Vinny thing. Even in a world where Vinny is completely innocent and it's all fabricated (I have no idea, the allegations seemed kind of flimsy) calling someone a "scumbag" or whatever for maybe being overly credulous and passionate when people come directly to them asking for help is a wack way to characterize people.

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 25, 2022

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

No? There are many thousands of people who each average many thousands of views. Most people will never have heard of any given YouTuber, even relatively popular YouTubers who specifically appeal to shared interests.

Even fewer people will reasonably remember year-old flash-in-the-pan twitter drama, especially not with any level of detail. Most people do not maintain Internet Personality Dossiers. I do, because it happens automatically due to my brain problems, but my memory is far from perfect either.

Generally speaking, if you believe someone has committed some kind of misconduct, and you think that misconduct is relevant to a conversation, you should be clear and explicit (within the bounds of good taste) as to what that misconduct entailed. Euphemism, exaggeration, and innuendo are obnoxious and unhelpful.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

The...uploader of the video that Dawgstar posted? Someone whose videos average hundreds of thousands to millions of views?

Am I being trolled here?

No one came to them asking for help though. That's the thing. It was 100% fabricated. It was one big stunt pulled by Red Bard, 4chan/Kiwifarms, and a former friend of Vinny's, "former" because he himself was a shady scumbag.

Here's a good HobbyDrama post with a writeup on the whole thing: https://www.reddit.com/r/HobbyDrama/comments/v8bbaq/streamersvinesauce_geepm_how_to_nuke_your/

This does not suggest that Bard was "involved" in any conspiracy. If evidence was fabricated, there are no indications she was not sincerely taken in. She could have been the mastermind but there's no smoking gun.

Generally speaking, I have extreme skepticism towards any conspiracy narrative that suggests a woman online would knowingly fabricate abuse allegations against a popular gamer.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Okay so she still believes them. Again, no evidence of conspiracy. If the allegations are baseless, her only crime is believing alleged victims.

KM, I don't know if you've ever been in the position of someone coming to you, in confidence, about being abused or even regretting abuse they have performed. I have been and I can tell you it is an emotionally fraught and complex social position. I would not describe anyone making good-faith misappraisals as a scumbag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Niosi is also a scab, why are Zeno and Kira giving him the time of day.