Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

FMA is also set in Fantasy Germany, for the most part, and there’s at least one portion of a flashback to a genocide that happened in the recent past in the Brotherhood adaptation where the visuals emphasize the soldiers involved having blonde hair and blue eyes, to really drive the obvious subtext home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

EimiYoshikawa posted:

I think it's safe to say that Vic should never be the only adult in a room.

:vince:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

I vaguely remember the name and the poster but idr everything that happened with him

He admitted to getting one of his straight friends blackout drunk and then having sex with him. For obvious reasons, he ate a permaban for that.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

The first series also had way too drat much filler early on. It took something like twenty episodes to get to the Lab 5 arc (the last major point before it became absolutely irreconcilable with the manga), while Brotherhood managed to do it in eight.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

To be honest, there are some elements of the first series that I preferred over Brotherhood and the manga. Namely, making the creation of homunculi tied into the sins of their creator, instead of Father just creating them to be his enforcers, giving Lust an actual character arc before she gets killed, and the emotional tension Ed and Al having to kill their mother again. I still do prefer the other versions in just about all other respects, though... in no small part because they don’t have a filler hell.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Whoops accidentally caused some war crimes in the starting town.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Basically, he got off pretty lightly because he only has to pay a fraction of the opposing council’s claimed attorney fees, though he got a warning that persisting with appeals could leave him more open to being liable for the full amount.

So of course he’s already launched an appeal. :v:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I do remember people here groaning when he got cast as the badass Uncle Qrow in RWBY a few years ago, and... Well, hopefully they feel vindicated in hindsight, and credit to Rooster Teeth for not just unceremoniously killing the character off or removing him from the plot.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I was just dumbstruck at how stupid and contrived his last fight from this season was when I first saw it. :v:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

All I remember of it (aside chuds being chuds) was that some goon over in Batman’s Shameful Secret who drew an edgy post-apocalyptic Charlie Brown comic strip wound up being one of the few people I’ve seen get a 100,000 hour probation on here as a direct result of acting like a shitbird in the thread dedicated to discussing it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Agent Escalus posted:

100% truth: I was randomly thinking of/remembering this thread today and wondering when the next part of the shitshow would fall

Same. I just realized yesterday that it’d been a while since we last heard anything from him.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I mean, it still works if you think that their own incompetence is their biggest hindrance to this suit. :v:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Y’know, I got around to watching the Ghost Stories dub on Crunchyroll recently.

And holy gently caress, is the episode Vic voided the ghost of the week (and was the butt of some jokes) really... awkward, in light of what we all know now.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Explain so I don’t have to look it up?

...Okay, used my tablet’s “look up”, and the Wikipedia snippet mentioned “the world’s first shotacon” :smithicide:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Wasn’t Spirit’s scythe form just a bladeless stick, though? Been forever since I watched SE, admittedly.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I would have one hell of a laugh if those soulless things are what deal the finishing blow to him.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Random thought that just crossed my mind: if they ever did anything in the future with FMA (though I doubt it, since it’s a completed story), who would they recast Ed with? I know Johnny Yong Bosch replaced him as Broly, but... I dunno if he could really do a “close enough” impression of Ed.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

ugh, way to take all the character out of the design and leave it a soulless husk

Imagine :capitalism: but it’s “Funko”

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Not strictly related, but... Well, anyone wanna take bets on who they’re going to recast Rohan with?

https://twitter.com/nxonnetflix/status/1320911295399424002?s=21

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

But then you’re missing out on the final boss’s English performance :(

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, my admitted first reaction was thinking that he’s trying to get ahead of something new.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Wark Say posted:

I legit wonder if they scheduled the event before checking what was really up with him and once they did their checkup, they went "gently caress EVERY SECOND OF THAT"

I figure that most likely, someone or other from Twitter forwarded the info to their social media account(s)

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I’m unfamiliar with him, but I’ve seen someone in that Twitter thread refer to him as “the blackface lawyer”, which uhhhhh :yikes:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Together, they fight crime harass women!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/teedotally/status/1441576756180254735?s=21

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

…Goddammit how is this the way I found out Bradley’s VA has been dead for 5 years now?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

around like three years ago i remember #IStandWithChrisNiosi flopping hilariously in comparison to how vic mignogna became a cancel culture martyr and "trigger the libs" convention guest

I figure that’s largely because Niosi actually (somewhat) fessed up after the accusation post came out

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

It’s missing stair theory in practice.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Who was it, the guy who replaced him for the Rohan OVAs?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I legitimately can’t stand Ed’s Japanese VA, so unless I went to the effort of finding a “Garfield Minus Garfield” edit of FMA, that’s kind of a no-go. :v:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

just watch fmab illegally and then youre not giving vic money by watching him, which is the only angle this conversation could even possibly matter or have any consequences in. its that simple.

It’s not just about the money, though.

Like every time I’m watching it, there’s now always the lingering background thought that this was the role that springboarded him into becoming as big of a sexpest as he did because of how insanely popular both FMAs were

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

He only ever really seemed to have two voices anyhow: his regular voice (Ed, Spirit, Rohan, Qrow), and “I just had rusty nails and broken glass for breakfast” (Broly, Bui)

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I definitely remember the first time I saw murmurings of him was right after he got cast for RWBY, which was at least a few years before this whole shitshow started

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

To this day I'm still not sure if Steven Foster cast Vic as a pedophile ghost obsessed with teenage girls in the ADV dub of Ghost Stories as an incredible coincidence, or an attempt to try and blow the whistle or at least just style on him for being a creeper all the way back in loving 2001.

They definitely had at least one joke about him being a creep in one of the last few episodes, so I’d lean towards it being intentional

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Midjack posted:

Courts usually suplex you into the basement for doing that to escape judgement.

I’d imagine that goes doubly so when you’re the plaintiff?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

His replacements for Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe and Bleach were also pretty spot-on with their imitations of his voice as well.

Frankly, I wouldn’t be surprised if Funi used the next milestone anniversary of FMA as an opportunity to do a redub.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I could also see Matt Lieb guesting with the auto tuner or Jar Jar soundboard

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Jose posted:

I get he's a huge pos but as someone who doesn't follow American voice actors nearly sum this up for me? He tried suing people and got.brutally owned as a result?

Basically, it was an open secret for many years that he was a creep. Then an anime news site penned an article a few years ago about the accusations, his biggest employers launched their own investigations and promptly shitcanned him, and a couple of his former colleagues came out with their own stories about his misbehavior. He tried to sue them with a lawyer who very plainly had no loving idea what he was doing, he lost, and has only been compounding his losses with his failed attempts to appeal the case.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

vic mignogna is lazy and disinterested in anything besides getting accolades from his fan club/discord and grooming women less than half his age so of course he was disinterested in vetting his legal team and their case

There was also some speculation that the two of them were also the only ones who even would take his case and told him what he wanted to hear, whereas any halfway competent attorney in the field would have probably warned him that he would have a hell of a long shot at winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Didn’t Niosi and Flynn’s careers largely dry up after their stories broke, at least? Like, just glancing at IDBM, Flynn’s only had two roles in three years.