Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Fuckin :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

My dad helps run cons. Like, actual fan conventions. Anyway, back in March when this whole kerfuffle was really blowing up, I'm out eating with him and suddenly, apropos of nothing at all, he asks me if I know who "Vic Mic-nog-na" is, and I just about lost my poo poo because not only did I absolutely know who that was, I couldn't think of any reason he would bring him up to me instead of vice versa until I remembered Vic had actually been at one of the shows my dad worked on doing press for Broly the previous year. I then explained to him the situation, and he said "so we probably shouldn't let this guy in the building, huh?"

Not a great story, but I'm glad this stuff is sticking. Completely forgot about it until now.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ray Chase was the Yellow Temperance dude in addition to Bucciarati, yes, but also of note are Phillip Reich, who voiced Yuya Fungami in Part 4 and Giorno in Part 5, and Jalen Cassell, who voiced Vanilla Ice and Okuyasu. They don't repeat voice actors very often but they will sometimes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The reason advocates for autistic people reject the notion of "cures" is because neurodivergence is kind of inextricable with your identity. For all intents and purposes a "cured" individual would be a completely different person, no matter how you do it. As a neurodivergent individual (not autism, but ADHD), I have, at times, wished I was "normal," but not only is that impossible, the person who comes out the other end of that wouldn't actually be me. Yes, I'm sure there are people who would like to have the opportunity to live a more "normal" life even despite that, but you shouldn't feel comfortable speaking for people with severe autism on this issue.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

And there's also the issue, which I neglected to mention, of the idea that an autistic experience of the world is somehow less valid than a neurotypical one.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/TopTierDubClips/status/1549016585284763653

Uh

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Monaghan posted:

The FMAB Dub is one of the all time greats though. It sucks that Vic is the main character but the rest of the staff, as far as I know, aren't sex pests.

RIP ed baylock, your performance as King Bradley was incredible.

Haberkorn notwithstanding

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Zero percent chance

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Grassy Knowles posted:

There is one level deeper. I’ve seen people lie about having seen the episode

This is like that guy who made up fake Street Sharks episodes and characters and vandalized the wiki for it to the point he successfully convinced a surprising number of people that they had actually watched those episodes.

https://medium.com/pcmag-access/how-i-used-lies-about-a-cartoon-to-prove-history-is-meaningless-on-the-internet-6c88bcbc62d7

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Pretty much any of the dub work Vic would have been getting before all this is done by non-union talent though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It was Smash Bros., but one would have led to the other