Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

HIJK posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

why the gently caress are you stanning so hard for Mignogna. Were you part of his fan club at one point or something because goddamn does the post make you look almost as dumb as Vic's lawyers. You say Vic is being exploited which implies he's somehow a victim in all of this when it's fairly obvious that his initial response of barely copping to anything in his long and sordid history of being a lovely person at conventions (to put it lightly) shows that he thinks that he's not in the wrong outside of getting caught. He's all in with the assholes who support him and willingly accepts their help rather than trying to engage in contrition and getting help in how to not be a lovely person and to not take advantage of any fan that comes up to him and fawns over him.

I doubt he's never been told not to do the things he did with fans unless you think he's lived in a bubble his entire life where he's told he can do whatever he likes as long as his version of God says it's okay. Remember that his bullshit has been an open secret for almost a decade so to assume that he was never, at any point, told that some of the poo poo he was doing might've not been a good idea is idiotic at best. He doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt after it's gone on for so long without actual repercussions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'd really like to see more proper articles done about this because there's some obvious legal subtleties that go over my head and even with so many eye poring over this, I'm sure there are extra gems that need to be highlighted either from previous hearings or that'll come up in future ones.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
How has no one mentioned John DiMaggio in terms of great VAs

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

TBH I see Ty and Nick really cutting it close to that Jack Thompson line especially since they are in on stirring up Vic supporters to harass people

I took years for Thompson to get to that point iirc so it'd be a while if they were to be disbarred on those grounds.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Btw, Vic's doing a Star Trek thing in Kingsland, GA this weekend.
https://www.firstcoastnews.com/arti...f7-0e809df20c00

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Between this and the Musk hearing I'm having a real good time. Something really funny about incompetent legal fumblings even if I don't understand the finer points.

At least with Vic, it's not that he's necessarily incompetent. It's his attorneys. With Musk, it's all him.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Hub Cat posted:

Nah if it was an actual court order one of the twitter lawyers would have posted it by now. Its probably just a preservation letter, basically the d's lawyers giving them an unfriendly reminder of their duty not to destroy evidence relevant to litigation, probably enumerating the kinds of documents they are interested in, and making sure they know litigation is pending.
If they destroy evidence after they know litigation is imminent the judge/jury legally assumes that it was bad for them.
If I was them I would be very concerned for Vic because Lemoine has consistently waited till he had everything wrapped up and just uses things to tie the bow.

A least one or more of those people are totally gonna try and destroy evidence.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

Oh gently caress me Star Trek Continues was actually a half decent effort of course it has to be tainted now loving pedo.

There was an event in Georgia last week or so for Star Trek Continues and Mignogna was there to promote it. Of the one article I saw about it, none of them talked about his sexual assault or his lawsuit

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

lmao this dumb fucker couldn't even show up to his first court session and was too lazy to prep for his deposition: and they expect him to start a dubbing business on his own?

He'll just use all of the industry connections he hasn't burned at __________ and ____________

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Huh, so in some alternate reality Vic took advantage of the connections formed at his Alma mater to become what I presume would be a notorious GOP operator in the Hill.

Maybe our timeline isn’t so bad after all.

It's definitely possible he was too dumb to even accomplish that.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Julias posted:

Also I think Covok got the hint the first time, we don't need dozens of people dogpiling on them, thanks.

Not until Covok shows that he's learned his lesson :colbert:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

lmao florida is still running in-person cons

I'm sure that con is the exception rather than the norm. Also Jason David Frank was there apparently.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

ugh, way to take all the character out of the design and leave it a soulless husk

That's practically all Funkos

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
When are appeals done over this btw?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm not gonna make accusations, just raise a question nobody seems to have yet; How long do you think he's known her?

https://twitter.com/paulbensonsucks/status/1401580291861385223

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Namtab posted:

Not rape, just sparking sexual assault. Completely different.

Yes. They are completely different things. Wtf is wrong with you besides being Namtab?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

How have you not been purged from the forums yet

Because the Admins are too cowardly to do a permaban despite them being banned more than 26 times over their posting career and having a four page rap sheet.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The whole mugshot website thing in Florida is just a weird side effect of the Sunshine Law which made most state documents (including mugshots) public record.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/MrWMcCartyIII/status/1588930543114424322

Lol.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Update.

https://twitter.com/MarzGurl/status/1588978220510371840

https://twitter.com/MarzGurl/status/1588979425391300608

https://twitter.com/MarzGurl/status/1589055074520944642

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Fwiw, one of the reasons he only sorta came back to interest because a recent ex of his decided to spill some tea about him calling her a side piece while she was in the same chat or something.

There's also some of his legal fees that came due and a whole clusterfuck over that.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Never lock this thread. :colbert:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/KathrynTewson/status/1753503744216768536

Note that there's still two other parties that Vic also lost to, Jamie and Funimation so those are also gonna be amounts he owes.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Wild that he couldn't even get the culture war tourists to stick around.

There's still a few hanging around if you follow LawTwitter peeps, but he's such a relative small fry only weird desperate nerds give a poo poo to defend him.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

Basically, it was an open secret for many years that he was a creep. Then an anime news site penned an article a few years ago about the accusations, his biggest employers launched their own investigations and promptly shitcanned him, and a couple of his former colleagues came out with their own stories about his misbehavior. He tried to sue them with a lawyer who very plainly had no loving idea what he was doing, he lost, and has only been compounding his losses with his failed attempts to appeal the case.

It was only the one major appeal iirc and that sent it from 100k to ~350k and with the agreed interest rate what it is, it's speculated that he's paying pretty soon so it's likely he just wants to finish this. as for why now, it's probably just fatigue over it and that he doesn't have his lovely council telling him bad advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

eh not exactly. this is something people repeat verbatim but it comes back to 'sexual predator' being a term of opinion as the court of appeals said (it's a very broad ill-defined category and noted as used in exaggeration by the court), but i don't recall any explicit clarification on 'paedophile' itself re: vic in the court docs. like we can all agree he is nevermind those hosed up videos of him that've came up. Greg and other barred lawyers in texas are more than happy to remind everyone how much of a creep he is with that term too, but it does muddy the waters a bit on what is and isn't a defamatory statement - and i'm sure they dance on that line perfectly but that doesn't mean anyone commenting on the case can

still not over the hellfiling and the absolute goldmine of purestrain incompetence every step of this case

He has nonconsensually kissed (not on the mouth) underaged girls at cons as well as hugged and grabbed them without consent. He's given his number to underaged fans too. No sexual acts or things approaching that nature have ever been confirmed, but he's gotten close and is almost indistinguishable based on some of his actions.