Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
From what I understood, doesn't Vic have like a kickstarter/patreon for his legal funds or something?

Also, as promised:

Wark Say posted:

Yeah, you can post it. Like I'm pretty sure all I'm going to end up posting wrt that topic is "gently caress that rapist piece of poo poo, I hope he loses everything and rots in jail" ad nauseam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Monaghan posted:

You can't notarise by phone because you need to confirm the guy's identity when you notarise something. He's either lying or stupid.
Y aquí es dónde uno diría: ¿Por qué no los dos? Mentir y ser un pendejo sin fronteras no son mutuamente excluyentes. ;)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
^^^^^^ e: Beaten like a pointless bonus stage! :negative: ^^^^^^

Forget the toxic worldview: I think most of these "stans" (and from the looks of it, according to what Mallratcal shared, same goes for the loving lawyer, even) barely have enough cognitive and adaptive skills to live day by day.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Sep 7, 2019

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

And this is why you will never be ADTRW mod.
Namtab will now proceed to engage in a smear campaign from the likes we'll never see again! We called him mad! But we'll see!

:byodood: WE WILL ALL SEE

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

Lol no. Any good lawyer will tell you you should never represent yourself if you can help it, and to always go for a professional with expertise in the field that applies to the specific case you are handling.
Like I know the whole "A man representing himself has a fool for a client" thing is what you're going for, which fair enough, seems like the normal course of action, but didn't Mignogna tried to actually search two legit law firms to represent him and in both cases the firms went "Nope!" as quickly as possible, so he basically got saddled with Beard because Mignogna is legal poison?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Wanderer posted:

They don't make a huge deal out of it, but as of earlier this year, Rooster Teeth is a subsidiary of a subsidiary of Warner Brothers.

I'm not saying that I know for a fact that influenced Mignogna's thinking on the issue, but if you think this case was tilting at windmills, imagine bringing Ty Beard with you to a court case against a couple of WB entertainment lawyers.
As someone who was, at one point, represented by a WB lawyer (long story short: Don't half-rear end anything regarding expenses for a recording session on someone else's dime, goons), I can second that bolded part. Since my legal jargon in English is terrible (not that it's all that better in Spanish), basically imagine that my lawyer that one time was Karen Kim from Kill Bill 2's flashback but didn't show mercy.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Justin_Brett posted:

It's nice when things happen the way they should.

And I like your avatar, Wark.
It's very beefy.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Was there ever any more news about the accusation against Todd Haberkorn? That seemed like it was a part of this at first, but it got overshadowed by how terrible Vic is.
This popped up among the first results, but it's from like half a year ago.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of that and one thing I'm curious: Is it normal for a transcript to be made available this soon? Like I'm guessing that's part of the reason it was sponsored and stuff, but still.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nipponophile posted:

Wark, can we have the forum renamed to "the Anime entertainment genre world"?
If I get really drunk on the weekend, sure!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's just grifting and/or rapist idiots all the way down, isn't it?

e: I mean on Mignogna's side. Not on Rial/Marchi/Toye's side.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Skwirl posted:

I haven't read Moby Dick either, but I still knew Ahab wasn't someone you're supposed to emulate.

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1171962658419085313?s=19
Indeed.

Also, you could listen to the musical equivalent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kp0LxKTZhk

Probably one of the best rock records in the last two decades. :rock:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Alan Smithee posted:

i dont know vega lore well enough to get this
In the Street Fighter II V anime, he's an out-and-out sexual predator.

Guess who voiced him in one of the two dubs that series got.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Interweb posted:

wait, that's not vic

that was richard hayworth, aka my man, kenshin himura :colbert:
I swear I ain't bullcrapping you, Mr Interweb. After Dawgstar made the comment, I distinctly remember checking on the wikipedia articles on Vega's character to confirm it.

So yeah, both you and Dawgstar are right.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Like I know Vic is the one suing other people and I know that it's probably an archaic thing that hasn't been done in forever, but can the judge throw the loving book at the guy already?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Adnor posted:

I can't believe they weren't exaggerating when they said Ty said he wasn't listening to the Judge.
Like please tell me that all the cases these dumb shits filed (I think there were like 19?) have been dismissed by now, because for the life of me I refuse to believe someone is that loving bad at lawyering, even if they don't specialize in this one type of legal field. The signature forgery I can sorta believe, but this here seems like a dumb comedy show skit that got rejected on account of being too loving stupid to be believable.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Piell posted:

12/17 were dismissed during the hearing, the judge has until October 7th to decide whether or not to dismiss the other five.
Gotchu, thanks. Yeah, I think someone shared a tweet with a "Case Chart" of sorts where they showed crossed-out cases that were dismissed, but was unsure of the final number and how many were remaining.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

probably expects the gfm warchest to cover it after all it's $240k~ a lawsuit can't cost that much
$240k?

Jesus poo poo. That's a grift and a half.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hasn't Mignogna been a no-show on anything court-related so far since he's in a podunk town appearing at a mall or something?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry in advance if I misunderstand things here, it's been a couple of hectic few days and all, but now the judge is giving Vic an out? Like I'm guessing he still has to pay legal fees and junk for everyone involved, but is the gist of it that if Vic and his clowns opt to retract the 5 remaining claims, he basically gets off "light"?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Ah, got it. Basically the Judge sorta nudging so that Ty/Vic pursue an out-of-court settlement (which just screams out "guilty as poo poo" in my admittedly lackluster experience) of sorts, right?

Also sorta might work as a reminder so as to nip any other potential lawsuit BS in the bud that Vic was likely eyeing to pursue down the road.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, but since this involves anime the judge is going to be too busy dealing with the yakuza.
I was still kinda baffled by whoever tweeted that. Like yeah, Yakuzas do have a stake in a bunch of things regarding the entertainment industry in Japan and they're usually not to be trifled with if you try and mess with their turf, but... like, they're probably gonna be more prone to be involved with Idol Units or Boy Bands instead of having the back of a creepy Texan pushing sixty.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 19, 2019

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dawgstar posted:

LOL at Vic thinking he's on the level of Billy West.
This is honestly a good question: Which voice actor is on that level? Like, maybe Frank Welker, who can do equally insane things like inanimate objects or animals noises with insane accuracy?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Indeed he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C1L0Qy6Cj0

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I meant mostly on a technical/dynamic range level kind of thing more than fame. Like the aforementioned Billy West and Frank Welker are out-of-this world great.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

OnimaruXLR posted:

does running a roleplaying game podcast with a buch of b-tier voice talent really make that much money???
I'm fairly certain that Smithee was talking about Robert Mercer and his three daughters.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Man, then I hope that, if they do anything with them beyond Fire Emblem Heroes, that at least Nintendo/IS keeps Kyle McCarly and Erica Lindbeck around as Alm and Celica, because I loved them as my favorite cat-lords, even more than their Japanese counterparts.

:3:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, off the top of my head from things I've watched/played in the last 2 years:
  • Futaba from Persona 5
  • Cheelai in the Dragon Ball: Broly movie (I saw it in theaters in Mexico in both English and Spanish; why yes, I am an apostate!)
  • Menat in Street Fighter V
  • Miriam in Bloodstained
  • Celica in Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia and Fire Emblem Heroes
  • Ritsuko in the Neon Genesis Evangelion dub from Netflix.
  • Mordred in Fate/Apocrypha.
  • Cassie Cage in Mortal Kombat XI
And I'm probably forgetting stuff (I've been watching dubs a bit more these days, I must confess :shobon:). So yeah, it's fair to say she's probably big already. I hope she still gets even bigger roles once she shows up in stuff like Troy Baker in The Last of Us or now that he seems to be more or less the go-to guy for Batman in video game roles.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
There's a guy in YouTube called Legal Eagle who did a "My Cousin Vinny" breakdown on how, one or two things aside, the movie is fairly good with its representation of legal/court matters and I wonder what his take on all this would be.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dawgstar posted:

Funny you should ask! Hbomberguy was on LE's show and asked some... related questions, let's say. Maybe enough to keep Eagle's comments from turning into a trash fire.

https://youtu.be/172zoeIfrlg?t=404
Hey, thanks for linking this. It was indeed an interesting video.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
While I don't mind dub talk (since I fear my dumb posts are partly responsible for starting the derail), just to confirm: The next stuff regarding Mignogna is in about 2 weeks, right?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Holy crap the weeks loving flew by.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

They aren’t potential. They’re real unless he reaches a settlement at mediation.
Wasn't the judge very un-subtly suggesting that Mignogna's team settles because, as harsh as that might be, his final verdict on dismissal is gonna be way worse?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yes. Ty Beard, though, thinks it means he’s winning.
A real genius, from the looks of it.

TheHan posted:

It seems like at this point he also knows they’re hosed but is just lying to the marks so that once they settle he can spin it into a gofundme to hit back at the anime deep state.
Man, I don't even have an opinion here. Then again, there were enough assholes to reach like 250k for Vic's legal funds.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Wasabi the J posted:

If I was Funimation I'd be dropping this dude based on the clownshoes bullshit he was up to just before the trial.
I think he got dropped at around the time when that Shield Hero anime started airing because some guy on twitter did fanart of Vic dressed like the MC of that when it turned out Funi dropped his rear end? Like Vic is no longer working with Funi in any capacity.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I was gonna share a dumb and cute story about "destination weddings", but I'm just gonna say that I'm glad that this shitstain is bombing and I hope that, once this lawsuit business is done, he goes the gently caress away for good (I know it's unlikely, though :sigh:).

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

dwarf74 posted:

....so when is this happening today?
October 4, dwarfster.

e: Beaten harder than a drum-kit owned by Chuck Biscuits on his prime.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Gotchu covered. :yeshaha:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

IUG posted:

Seconding this (because I only saw this post after I started a reply asking the same thing).

"Vic Mignogna is legally a piece of poo poo" thread.

Fangz posted:

Can we change the thread title to "is a piece of a poo poo" as the law requires, thanks
Done. Also please don't report posts for requests. I do read my PM's, y'know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

IUG posted:

Unless I miss clicked somehow, I didn't do it as a report. Just this post asking.
Eh. It's fine (and no, it wasn't you). It's just slightly more labor-intensive.