Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

mallratcal posted:

Toye clear on TI.

Judge kind of a savage.

From what a bunch of lawyers in the threads are saying, this kind of Judge savagery is actually pretty common once they're convinced they're dealing with an unmitigated dumpster fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Before anyone starts to feel bad, I'd like to remind people that everyone on the plaintiff's side is disgustingly wealthy. Vic's net worth is $4.1 Million, and supposedly his mother makes that look like pocket change. Rekita comes from very old, very deep pockets. Beard works as an estate lawyer for Rekita's parents dead friends, moving their poo poo around and signing himself easy paychecks.

This was a case of three rich, spoiled, entitled cockbites who have coasted their way through life without ever once having to work for a thing they have trying to get revenge on people who had the balls to call their poo poo. And they all ACTED like it. It's very clear throughout this case and previous depositions that Beard is not used to people telling him "No" or giving him any kind of personal trouble. The moment things get hard (like when Toye refused to give him the answers he was looking for) he threw a hissy fit and gave up his two hours of interrogation time to go have a tantrum.

Rekita is the kind of scumfucking shitbag who tells a woman "Uh huh, sure, being molested reminded of your rape, YEARS later." Because the idea that someone can be traumatized for LIFE is beyond his mental capacity.

And Vic? gently caress, ask anyone who has ever worked at a convention that's hosted him. They'll tell you a thousand stories about what a lovely primadonna he is, bending or breaking whatever rules he wants to make sure he always gets what he wants, no matter who gets hosed over.

So, yeah, no mercy here. Make those sanctions sky high, pull Beard into court, get his rear end for his counts of fraud, take that fuckers license out of his grubby mits.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

I hadn't heard about the Chuck Huber thing; shame, he seems like a decent enough guy, so I don't entirely get why he would side with Vic. I wonder if he'll be working with Funi after that.

From what I understand there was a time when Chuck was contemplating suicide and Vic was the one who talked him down from the ledge. No idea if it's true, but that'd give a man a hell of a reason to stay loyal.

Though he's also a Flat Earther, Truther, Birther...he's fallen for pretty much every single big name conspiracy theory, so the idea that there's a vast conspiracy involved in defaming his friend would probably hook him too.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Schubalts posted:

That's an amazing thought process given there are examples of Japanese companies trying to scrub entire characters from a piece of media because the voice actor got kicked out (a recent Yakuza game and one of its voice actors getting arrested for drugs, for example).

e: https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/04/05/yakuza-team-comments-on-judgment-character-swap-after-drugs-scandal

Keltar posted:

They should see how Japan handles VA when they do something controversial or illegal, namely pull copies and redo the VA entirely, see the recent Yakuza game VA for that.

Oh, they found out about that too. That's why they pulled up the "Leak" audio of the VA's loving around. But they forgot about the OTHER thing Japanese companies are famous for: not giving a poo poo what White people on the other side of the ocean do.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Julias posted:

Fun fact, Nick Rekieta used to be a bank teller before he went into law school. There have been unsourced accusations on twitter that the reason for the sudden career change had to do with somebody getting caught with their hand in the till, so to speak. Considering that Nick is a trust fund baby, this very well might have been true.

Funnily enough, the source is...Rekita himself. Though the story is a little different. The story, as someone who claims they used to be a fan of his before realizing what an unhinged nutjob he is, as told by Nick himself is that one day on break he was leaning back against the register when all of a sudden, there's a large BANG as the till suddenly slams shut. Everyone immediately turns around to stare at him and when he comes in the next day he's fired, though he claims he doesn't know WHY as he clearly wasn't stealing anything.

Personally I'm going to say that yeah, prolly caught stealing poo poo because I don't think they fire you for closing your register a bit loud. Aren't those things supposed to be closed and locked 100% of the time that they're not currently in use?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Seriously I can't believe it ever has to be said: DON'T gently caress WITH JUDGES

THEY WILL SKULLFUCK YOUR ENTIRE LIFE

It doesn't matter if you're not in their jurisdiction, they'll call on *other* judges to skullfuck you for them! They have that kind of reach and influence, ALL OF THEM

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Can't find the post, but I remember someone in one of the threads said something about to even GO to appeals you have to put up enough cash up front, and that amount is based on how much you're worth. Vic would apparently have to pay about a million bucks to even begin trying to appeal.

I true then I can see him not bothering, since he already wasn't willing to pony up the cash to do this in the first place.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Gyges posted:

You just pay your lawyer to keep working on your case. It's not a bond hearing or something.

Oh, never mind then, they'll gonna milk him or all he's worth then. Unless actually getting to see how badly his case has been going with his own eyes wakes him up and he kisses rear end in mediation so he can slink off before he loses even more money.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
By the sounds of it Rekita is doing the same thing he did after the first transcripts came out: nervously avoiding the question. The last talking point of "ThE jUdGe WouLdN'T DeMaNd MeDiAtIoNs If vIc dIdN't hAvE a CaSe" died of pretty quick under the universal reply of "No dumbass that's now how this works, Judges only demand mediation out of pity".

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

bessantj posted:

This could go on for over two more years? Sounds expensive.

I think most of that time is just, like...waiting. The courts are already packed full of poo poo that needs taking care of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

I always thought kiwi farms liked to pretend it was smarter than 4chan

it's 4chan

Isn't Kiwi Farms just the script kiddie douchebags that didn't meet that standards of quality for posting on 4Chan?