Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Dawgstar posted:

"The dumbest law firm in Texas could win."

Maybe Nick and Percy should have directed Vic towards that firm instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2020-01-22/voice-actor-vic-mignogna-maintains-innocence-in-live-stream/.155672

Shocking nobody, Vic is still a deluded scum bag

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Wark Say posted:

Wasn't it mentioned that Mignogna went to at least a couple of actual law firms, presumably staffed with average-to-competent lawyers that specialize in entertainment, saw what Vic was bringing to the table and said "NOPE!" almost immediately? I remember someone last year bringing it up.

I don’t remember exactly how it went, but basically Vic went to two or three lawyer friends of his work this case and each told him clearly that it was stupid and basically unwinnable. Sometime after that is when Nick contacted him and hooked him up with Ty

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Vic being a COVID denier is probably one of the least surprising things, and it still pisses me off.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

The Black Stones posted:

Jamie and Monica have a podcast which is quite fun to listen to if you haven’t heard it. They go over their experience and it’s great hearing them tear down Vic fans claims about them.

When they went over the stuff people said about them “not being real victims” I wanted to scream. I’m amazed they are able to just put up with all of that the way they do

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
New update
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-10-10/vic-mignogna-denied-court-rehearing/.190490

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Schubalts posted:

Have they actually finished moving over the entire Funimation catalog?

Not even close, and with the funi app shutting down at the end of the month, some of those titles just won’t be legally available anywhere.