Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Flytrap posted:

From what a bunch of lawyers in the threads are saying, this kind of Judge savagery is actually pretty common once they're convinced they're dealing with an unmitigated dumpster fire.

As a weirdo who enjoys reading dumb court transcripts, I can tell you it happens all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Shinjobi posted:

I wanna know why it was done though. Whose side are they working for!??!?!?!?

Apparently 4chan also thinks KF are pieces of poo poo, so my money's on them.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Oh my god, Marchi's got thrown out because Ty literally didn't have evidence that the tweets were actually about Vic.

How are they so bad at this?

E: lmao

quote:

THE COURT: Then I can let you lie, is
that how that works?
MR. BEARD: No.
THE COURT: Well, I mean, I want the
correct answer.
MR. BEARD: Your Honor, I actually
don't know

AnoHito fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Sep 14, 2019

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Are there any estimates out for what the defense's legal fees are looking like? Wouldn't be surprised if that alone wiped out the GFM...

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Halftime, only you're down 56-3 and the crowd's all leaving and your star QB's been thrown out of the game for dropkicking a cheerleader.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

ChaseSP posted:

Not gonna lie I could laugh at people insisting the judge is actually lazy/a secret Democrat in disguise all day and I really want for Vic to appeal the ruling, maybe come up with some really lovely evidence this time.

I don't think he's actually allowed to add any evidence on appeal, since the point of the appeal is that you think the judge made a mistake, not that you made a mistake.

I think he now has to get some judge to look at the same facts and somehow not come to the conclusion that Vic's side is being a bunch of fuckheads.

e: fb

Also this means that any appeal against Marchi is doomed to fail forever, since he never provided any context that would prove any of her quotes were about Vic, and so has literally no evidence against her.

AnoHito fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 7, 2019

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Dr. Killjoy posted:

They run the sex trafficking biz so I’d say no

Though apparently even that’s not profitable enough, do they just never adjust prices at all the same way vending machine drinks over there have been 100 ¥ for like 20 years?

The yen has had next to no inflation for a while now.

100 yen 20 years ago is still about 100 yen

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Nine of Eight posted:

There’s a great ask/tell from a goon a few years back who was dealing weed in Japan and basically got caught red handed. I’m going off of memories here, but iirc he managed to get off easy and get deported after the holding period (or maybe minimal jail time) because the prosecutors were so used to getting people to confess they weren’t able to build a solid case when he refused to do so.

The third degree is also much harder to use on someone who doesn't speak the language. It's not exactly easy to shout at/threaten someone through a translator.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Yes, how will we ever stop the next generation of molesters from throwing away hundreds of thousands of dollars only to cost the victims nothing and make themselves look incredibly stupid?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Regalingualius posted:

FMA is also set in Fantasy Germany, for the most part, and there’s at least one portion of a flashback to a genocide that happened in the recent past in the Brotherhood adaptation where the visuals emphasize the soldiers involved having blonde hair and blue eyes, to really drive the obvious subtext home.

The warcrimes/genocide in FMA are actually supposed to be more based on the British Empire than Germany, even if the characters are heavily implied to be speaking German.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Didn't the original writer also have a good amount of impact on the anime, anyway?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Wark Say posted:

Hey, no stop that! Don't you dare pin this on Nick! :colbert:

But for real, like how did Beard decide to take a case in an area he has no expertise in (I think he's a real estate lawyer, which seems as far removed from difficulties as you can get from entertainment) would go swimmingly if he just... shat himself every step of the way?

I mean, last I checked he's still getting paid an absurd amount of money for it?

Sounds like it's going swimmingly for him.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Skwirl posted:

I look forward to the competing go fund mes (go funds me?) for both Vic suing Ty Beard for malpractice and for Ty Beard's defense fund.

Ty strikes me as the kind of guy who’s dumb enough to represent himself in court.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Regalingualius posted:

Explain so I don’t have to look it up?

...Okay, used my tablet’s “look up”, and the Wikipedia snippet mentioned “the world’s first shotacon” :smithicide:

I am both kind of unsurprised and deeply disturbed by the fact that there is a wikipedia article for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

At last, a Funko that demands you do the right thing with it and throw it in the fire.