Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I. M. Gei posted:

Kick Vic in the dick
SLAPP Vic, surely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I mean, you're presuming he would have wanted help. I assume he instead wanted minors.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

If Texas passed trial by combat laws I wouldn’t be surprised

In fact I feel like they already have them on the books
Texas does have a specific rule in their sexual harassment laws, or something adjacent to them (I remember this from a training module) where you are explicitly allowed to pop a cap in your abuser, or someone abusing your loved one. Texas laws are also very clear to read. The enforcement I can't comment on.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Yeah, they're basically only a threat in the movies. I'm not saying I could take them or anything but they have almost no network outside of Japan and don't really go around making hits all of the time. Handguns and bullets are hard to come by here so most don't even have much experience shooting a gun.
Majima isn't going to come to America to waste some guys for picking on a child molester, he has karaoke to do.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Oh, now it makes sense, Vic was probably able to do all this work because he's a trust fund douchebag in addition to being a chomo.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Hub Cat posted:

Vic should have been the adult in the room
Indeed, a role with which he holds much experience.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

It's unrelated to Mignogna but I do not fathom why people want to go watch a guy play Dark Souls and complain about minorities for hours and hours and hours.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Huh, so in some alternate reality Vic took advantage of the connections formed at his Alma mater to become what I presume would be a notorious GOP operator in the Hill.

Maybe our timeline isn’t so bad after all.
We're in the stupid timeline.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Regalingualius posted:

It’s not just about the money, though.

Like every time I’m watching it, there’s now always the lingering background thought that this was the role that springboarded him into becoming as big of a sexpest as he did because of how insanely popular both FMAs were
Dude was an enormous sex pest in the first place, he would have found a way if FMA had flopped.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm not sure how it works in Texas, but in FL the only thing that Vic would be able to appeal to the state supreme court would be the attorneys fee change. In FL if the appellate court affirms a decision without comment, those parts are final. There is no further appeal in state. Since the state decision is final (with exception to the larger fee award), he could appeal to the SCOTUS. As I mentioned before, though, he would have to spent a lot of money just getting the appellate books printed and I doubt anyone if front a few thousand in costs right now for an appeal that will get denied without comment.
Could you really appeal a civil case like this to the Supreme Court? I mean I imagine he's absolutely gonna try, potentially in the forlorn hope that they will find in his favor out of political bias.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

What did Mr. Legal Piece of poo poo do to Mari Iijima? I lost that subplot, but I'm going to guess it was heinous