Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I remember reading Vic Stories from con staff here on SA in an Ask/Tell thread about anime conventions years ago, and that definitely wasn’t the last time I heard about his behavior. I thought it was fairly common knowledge so when this whole debacle started I was a bit baffled that suddenly the popular narrative was that Rial et al was making that poo poo up to frame him for (insert reason here). But thinking about it, it’s no wonder that it caught on in the current social climate, just as it’s no wonder that the accusations blew up on Twitter.

It’s become a rallying cry for the usual anti-SJW crowd and those worried that their precious anime is under attack, and that’s the kind of content that makes for popular YouTube videos and gets people fired up.

Add in the lawyers taking advantage of that and you’ve got a massive group of people that see them as heroes protecting the underdog that is Vic, fighting as a resistance against this SJW culture that is trying to ruin their society/their hobby/whatever. This case is the current battleground but once it’s over the war will continue.

I’ve been keeping up with the case and it really is fascinating to see the how the ISWV people view how events are unfolding compared to everyone else. It’s basically the Wimp-Lo scene from Kung Pow on a massive level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Lmao

https://twitter.com/YellowFlashGuy/status/1170031558478258181?s=20

Check out the smoothbrains in the replies. These people are amazing.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Keltar posted:

So they're making fun of themselves?

Kiwi Farms’ whole thing is being “neutral” and making fun of/harassing anybody that they deem a “LOLcow.” 99% of the time they pick a side anyway, but it’s not entirely a monolithic entity. There was even a Vic thread years ago, apparently.

To be fair though I’m not a member of the site and have only really read it when they were helping with the Shmorky debacle and when following links on Twitter during this whole shitshow, so there’s a chance I’m off-base.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

On the subject of Japan not knowing or caring about the sub, there was an article on The Funi outtake leaks on Yahoo News here. It mentions they’re homophobic and incestuous but only names Funimation and Sean specifically. It also says the clips were leaked by RekietaLaw but doesn’t go into who he is or why he leaked them, though it does mention at the end of the article that Vic was fired for sexual harassment allegations. There’s only a few comments but they’re stuff like “they should just release it subbed everywhere,” “I guess America also has private intentions vs. public face (tatemae),” and “Cell should absorb them before harm is done to the Dragon Ball’s reputation.”

Don’t think most people know or care, but stuff relating to this case [i]is[/is] out there and Toei is definitely aware of it.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Justin_Brett posted:

Did he mention the "I'd murder someone for that and not think twice" part to his daughters?

They live in Texas, nobody would bat an eye.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Can’t wait to hear how this mediator is biased and inept.

Edit: oh wow I guess I have a cool new avatar

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The hosed up thing about Vesperia is didn't Troy Baker come out and say he really wanted to do the role and he wasn't even contacted about it? Pretty sure this same style of stuff happened with the P4 dancing game and Laura Bailey too.

Yep. Bamco didn’t even ask him, they just assumed he’d be too expensive. They were on a strict budget so I can understand their decision but they should have at least asked him.
And IIRC Laura Bailey wasn’t available when they were recording P4D, but in subsequent games they went ahead and used her replacement... I think.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

There are like a billion lawyers scummier than Nick and Ty that haven’t been disbarred. If it ever happens it won’t be for a long time.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The Panty and Stocking dub was amazing. Pretty sure Marchi wrote it too.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Vic will probably be on his best behavior at cons until all this stuff blows over. He’s currently playing the role of The Anime Martyr and can’t afford to mess it up.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I’m not ashamed to admit that at one point I actually considered inventing a fake alt-right/lite YouTube channel to make money. It’s not just the Vic fans that pour all that cash in, all of those people are willing to part with their dough if it means owning the SJWs

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

And now come the appeals, which means we won't be rid of these "weeb wars" for another few years.
...Oh who am I kidding, this poo poo was gonna continue no matter what the outcome was.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

There’s like two funny things about Chris-chan: the original Sonic-chu comic stuff and when he went berserk over Sonic’s arms. Everything else ranges from creepy to sociopathic. Kiwifarms is like if Helldump and 4chan had a baby and both of its parents rejected it for being too hosed up. They claim to be neutral but you can see from this whole debacle that they’ll just flock to whichever side is against “SJWs.” Though I guess they did help with the whole Shmorky thing, but I’d say that’s the exception that makes the rule.

Needless to say they’re living in bizzaro world and spinning this massive loss as a miscarriage of justice, since they’re smarter about the law than the Very Unfair Lazy judge and the ignorant masses of law twitter.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

He’ll probably just keep streaming about The Vic Wars and maybe even go after someone else for the same thing as Monica et al.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I mean, while that’s totally understandable I think it’s pretty clear he wasn’t being serious. (Also I’m pretty sure Greg’s already told KF to try doxxing him anyway but I doubt they knew that).

Same with the joke about having no respect for anyone in the case. It’s pretty obviously because it’s about anime and not about the victims, since they take a pretty hard “Vic has clearly been sexually harassing people for years” stance in the episode.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

Vig Nog looking for a hand beezy

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Ohana means adultery

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Some yakuza do trick or treat with kids in their areas on Halloween though, so it’s impossible to say if they’re good or not

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Anime fans should all be destroyed IMO

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Can Of Worms posted:

What did Bosch do to get lumped with the rest of these idiots?

Be recognizable

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

You can quote somebody who’s being informative and still think they’re a big piece of poo poo :shrug:

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Regalingualius posted:

Y’know, I got around to watching the Ghost Stories dub on Crunchyroll recently.

And holy gently caress, is the episode Vic voided the ghost of the week (and was the butt of some jokes) really... awkward, in light of what we all know now.

At least the joke about him being a creep holds up!

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I remember stories about him in an ask/tell thread at least 15 years ago about anime con stories. I don’t think any that outright talked about him assaulting anyone but definitely tales of him asking for underage girls’ numbers and handlers not being allowed to take their eyes off him. That was just here, too; I read similar things on other sites around the time. It’s one of the reasons that it’s impossible to take people defenders seriously when they act like this was just some recent metoo thing to slander him.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The words “anime youtuber” set off a fight or flight response in my brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The Heard vs Depp case has nothing to do with the Vic debacle aside from some of the same culture warrior people latching on to it, which is hardly a unique occurrence. It also has nothing to do with anime.