Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Felix, Annette, Alois

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Annette, Manuela, Hilda.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Annette, Hilda, Shamir

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Lorenz Helman Gloucester, Annette, Shamir

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Felix, Annette, Shamir

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Hilda, Shamir, Felix.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Felix,Hilda,Annette

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

alois, manuela, hanneman

It feels right for the route you're going.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Shar-Teel+4

Wait what? Wrong LP? poo poo. Uhhh...
Manuela, Hanneman and Shamshir

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Ignatz, Hilda, Shamir

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Felix, Hanneman, Shamir

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Let's go for Annette, Felix and Ignatz, just based on who's performing well in my own playthrough right now.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Um... I have no idea who some of those people are, so I'm voting at a disadvantage. So, purely from liking their character designs: Felix, Annette, and... I flipped a coin to come up Ignatz.

slink_bot
Aug 1, 2016
Alois (because I refuse to not recruit him ever), Shamir and Annette,

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Manuela, Hilda, and Hanneman.

Oh also, was there a line missing when Dorothea said "Petra, I believe you mean to say that our professor has guts."?

DentD
Aug 13, 2015

I can predict the future! And you're going to be OKAY.
Felix, Hanneman, Shamir!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Cythereal posted:

Annette, Manuela, Hilda.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Alois, Manuela, Hanneman.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.
Hilda, Lorenz, Hanneman

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
Annette, Lorenz, Hanneman.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Good work so far! This is gonna be a doozy taken in its entirety, though.

Lorenz, Alois, Shamir.

Booky posted:

Oh also, was there a line missing when Dorothea said "Petra, I believe you mean to say that our professor has guts."?

There's also a wild "[Maneula]" sitting where there should be a portrait of Manuela should be for some of her dialogue.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Shamir, Annette, Lorenz.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Well, that sure is a lot of new faces introduced at once. Not much time before being forced to pick a house, either.

I dunno, go with the teachers? Manuela and Hanneman seemed cool. And this is just prior FEH exposure talking, but Hilda also seems interesting.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Hanneman, Manuela, and Shamir

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Lorenz, Hilda, Manuela

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Ignatz, Lorenz, Alois

blitzente
Apr 26, 2017
Alois, Manuela, Hanneman

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

Manuela, Hanneman, and Shamir.

Honestly this is A Lot to take in at once but considering the structure of the game I'm not sure they could have done it any other way, not without making an already very long game even longer... And we do meet my favorite ADHD nap boy early on so, like, there's that.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Current results!

quote:

Shamir: 21
Hilda: 20
Annette: 18
Felix: 17

Manuela: 14
Hanneman: 14
Lorenz: 11
Ignatz: 10
Alois: 9
My Choice: 4

Voting'll stay open for a few more hours, probably. I wanna spend a bit of time working on unit/class writeups. I've already got unit writeups for the Black Eagles students down, but I need to finish the rest.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Manuela, Shamir and Felix

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Actually, by "a few more hours," I meant "an hour." I wanna get started on update 2. Voting is closed.

quote:

Shamir: 22
Hilda: 20
Annette: 18
Felix: 18

Manuela: 15
Hanneman: 14
Lorenz: 11
Ignatz: 10
Alois: 9

Poor Alois.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Look, you clearly can't take the best one on the first route! Nobody else will live up to the bar he'll set!

Edit: I've yet to finish my first playthrough so I don't even know how good he is as a unit or for his supports, but the dude makes me smile.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Before I start working on the next update, let's take some time to get to know our units mechanically, yeah?

Adan/Abby.
Edelgard.
Hubert.
Ferdinand.
Linhardt.
Caspar.
Bernadetta.
Dorothea.
Petra.

I'll add info on Crests in a big Crest Megapost in the near future.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I’m shocked you’re doing this route first, but this should be fun.

And yeah, wyvern Petra is just the best. That’s the route I went for in my current run, and she just flies around maps deleting fools.

It’s great.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Counterpoint: I am seeing people attacking Assassin Petra with 0 percent hit chance.

It's quite hilarious.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Yeah, Petra can be good at both. re: Bernadetta, and archers in general: it helps them in this game that sniper class minimums will make their Str at least somewhat adequate if they get RNG screwed. She also gets deadeye, letting her attack at some crazy high range. Bad defense doesn't hurt anywhere near as much if you're too far for anyone to hit you.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

OddObserver posted:

Yeah, Petra can be good at both. re: Bernadetta, and archers in general: it helps them in this game that sniper class minimums will make their Str at least somewhat adequate if they get RNG screwed. She also gets deadeye, letting her attack at some crazy high range. Bad defense doesn't hurt anywhere near as much if you're too far for anyone to hit you.

Yeah, my general experience with Bernie is that even if she gets unlucky with STR growth, that's generally fixable through reclassing or items, and either through extreme range or canto you can generally keep her out of harms way enough that low defence doesn't matter.

Also yeah, count me mildly surprised on your choice of starting route. Intrigued though, this is going to be fun.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I generally solve Bernie's str growth issues by throwing boosters at her after she hits her advanced class.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Sep 7, 2019

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Bulk issues are generally easy to fix as well by qualifying early for Armored Knight (and its 12 Def base), as long as you don't have a weakness in Axes/Armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Easy, Hilda, Felix, Shamir.

Also I want to take a moment to mention the default battle theme in this game:

Fodlan Winds. (Note: YouTube, so the recommended videos are based on your viewing habits which may or may not mean spoiler thumbnails. It's fine for me, at any rate.)

I really like the battle themes in the last few games. Like, FE has always had good music, but Conquest/Road Taken/With Mila's Divine Protection are all fantastic. Even so, I think this is my favorite of the default ones.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 7, 2019