Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i would like to go to that show very much. the one at the bottom of the previous page. have a look at it. i'll probably edit in a quote of it, for the top of this page. hold on.

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

:siren: The tournament resumes :siren:

I'm going to try to embed these mp4s but you might have to click on them if you want to view the absolute best count out tease in the history of this thread.
Edit: I tried but they didn't show up

First up is Velveteen Dream vs Kota Ibushi,
The guy who tweets to defend Vince McMahon vs The guy who doesn't know who Vince McMahon is

This was a pretty back and forth match, with Ibushi going for big strikes and Dream dropping elbows and doing body slams. It turned into an extended false finish sequence about 10 minutes in after Kota hit two Kami Goye's and then got hit with a Purple Rainmaker. He briefly came back but got hit with another Purple Rainmaker and that was it for Ibushi.

Aja Kong vs Tomohiro Ishii
The Brainbusting Brawler VS The Brainbusting Brawler
It's Aja Kong vs Tomohiro Ishii. Despite being complete opposites, these two are very similar in terms of wrestling style, which is to say any wrestler getting in the ring with either of them finds themselves in a desperate struggle for survival. This was the longest match of the tournament so far at just over 30 minutes, and it was probably the best match of the tournament as well, because Ishii is the best wrestler in the world. Ishii and Kong just went to town on each other's skulls with brainbusters and piledrivers for half an hour. Ishii almost won by count out after hitting a Steiner Screwdriver outside of the ring, but Aja got back in the ring at 19, bringing a chair with her. She struck Ishii with the chair but then he got back up, dropped her on her head, headbutted her and hit a lariat for the victory.

Cody Rhodes vs Nick Gage
Wrestling Royalty VS The King, or "I also just got zelda's horse with the royal bridle/saddle." VS "What is this poo poo supposed to be you guys are hosed up is that an alien"

At 30:34 this is the second longest match of the tournament so far which is exceptional considering Nick Gage was exhausted 3 minutes in. This was another brutal match, although it did not devolve into a death match and there were no weapons used. Nick Gage dropped Cody on his neck multiple times but his lack of conditioning meant that he was never able to capitalize and go for a pin. Also he's got the slowest walk speed in the game and it's hilarious when he's running the ropes. Anyway, after half an hour, Cody hit the Cross Rhodes and then a reverse figure 4 for the tap.

alright. i've done it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
thanks cavauro

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Thank you Cavauro I hope the results didn't all make you mad this time

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

E: wrong thread

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I wanna see all these matches!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
It would be cool to see these matches for the Rowdy Ringsports 256.

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Oct 19, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you're all welcome. I'm glad I can bring you this exciting tournament. expect the next few matches soon

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

Aja Kong vs Tomohiro Ishii

You had me at Aja Kong vs Tomohiro Ishii :stwoon:

God I need to pick up this game, it looks like a blast. How modifiable is it in terms of putting together matches, or is it purely down to cpu vs cpu if you don't take an active role in the match?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

You had me at Aja Kong vs Tomohiro Ishii :stwoon:

God I need to pick up this game, it looks like a blast. How modifiable is it in terms of putting together matches, or is it purely down to cpu vs cpu if you don't take an active role in the match?

It is down to the CPU, but there's a large degree of customisation of the AI possible for each individual wrestler. Down to being able to create certain sequences that wrestlers will favour and such.

Plus if you get the season pass, you can play the NJPW story mode where SANADA invites you to dinner and just stares at you for the whole meal.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Plus if you get the season pass, you can play the NJPW story mode where SANADA invites you to dinner and just stares at you for the whole meal.

Goddammit I keep stumbling over my Steam password in my excitement....

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Gaz-L posted:

Quick someone light the Rarity signal

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gaz-L posted:

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

Cavauro posted:

you're all welcome. I'm glad I can bring you this exciting tournament. expect the next few matches soon

Thank you Cavauro I'm glad we didn't have to wait too long for the next matches I heard we're almost done with round 1 and there's been a lot of OKITE YABURI in the last matches

Pentagon Jr vs Asuka
Zero Miedo VS Rainbow Rudo
Remember when Pentagon Jr got into a gauntlet match with 3 joshi assassins in Lucha Underground? This is the sequel. There's only one assassin this time but she's real good. Pentagon Jr elbowed and dropkicked Asuka in the head and she returned the favor and kicked him hard several times. At some point she appears to have broken Penta's arm and it just kind of hung limp at his side for the rest of the match, which allowed Asuka to bully Penta and force him to tap by twisting his gross broken arm around.

Kenny Omega vs Cesaro
The Machine VS The Cyborg
Kenny Omega might be the best bout machine, but Cesaro is a human horse, and he's so good that he's actually ahead of the horse facts-cowboy Adam Page in the ranking despite being a misused WWE midcarder. If Cesaro ever leaves the WWE every match he has will be a dream match. Anyway, of course Kenny and Cesaro have a great match. Cesaro starts the match by tossing Omega around a bit to show his incredible strength but then he accidentally winds up the best bout machine with a giant swing and Kenny Omega starts just destroying his whole rear end. Cesaro becomes the second person to ever kick out of the One Winged Angel, and if that's not a victory in itself I don't know what is. They fight on and Kenny Omega gets to show off his entire move list pretty much. Anyway I'm putting the ending of this match in spoiler tags because there's been another fatality.

Daniel Bryan vs WALTER
Married to Brie Bella VS Rey Mysterio's giant son from Austria
As you might expect from these two, this was a match of stiff strikes and painful submissions. WALTER hits a headbutt in honor of Shibata, then tries to tap Daniel Bryan with his own LeBell lock, but Bryan's not about to tap to his own move. After getting destroyed with a lariat he does tap to the boston crab however.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hell yeah Asuka, gently caress everybody up!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
drat these are all matches that would be so fun to see

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

Tanahashi vs Taichi
Stabbed by his ex VS Extramarital sex
This is a match featuring one of the most beloved wrestlers in the world, facing off against one of the most hated heels in the business, the villainous Cockroach Mask. The Holy Emperor does what he has to do to gain the advantage early on in the fight, which is to say he relentlessly attacks Tanahashi's balls. Tanahashi fights back, attacking Taichi's glistening thighs with a variety of dragon screws to diminish Taichi's kick-based offense. Even in video games Tanahashi is a master tactician. Taichi kicks Tanahashi in the head a bunch to show that he can actually fight and that his legs work just fine, actually, and then the ultimate heel Tanahashi steals Taichi's last ride powerbomb. The Holy Emperor only manages to survive because he's so close to the ropes. He goes back to targetting Tanahashi's giant balls, and puts the Ace away for good with another kick to the head.

Shingo Takagi vs Chuck Taylor
Made In Japan VS Mr. Azerbaijan
Howie Dewitt starts the match by dumping Shingo out of the ring, then bullies him by using his superior heavyweight body to slam him on his back and head several times. Shingo gets mad and hits a Last of the Dragon out of nowhere on Rich Mahogany. Dustin's body is halfway out of the ring so Shingo is unable to get the pin. They brawl a bit to the outside, Shingo hits a big dive, and then Scott Tatum forgets to kick out when Shingo reverses one of his moves into a simple backdrop and pins him.

Luchasaurus vs Jon Moxley
Friend with the small boy VS Friend with the Big Dog
This is pretty much a blood feud. Jon Moxley used to work for a man who had the skull of a t-rex mounted in his office, and that's the kind of thing you just can't forgive. They're pretty evenly matched, hitting some strikes and then big moves. 15 minutes in they're both exhausted but still fighting hard. Luchasaurus' age is starting to show as he's just gasping for breath after every move, but that doesn't prevent him from hitting Moxley's finisher on him. Moxley is having none of it and decides to show Lucha how it's done by hitting his finisher(what is it even called now? The Paradigm Shift?) and then using Luchasaurus' own chokeslam to put him away at 23 minutes.

:siren: First round of the tournament is over :siren:
here's the matchups for the second round

Okada vs PAC

Samoa Joe vs Minoru Suzuki

Chris Jericho vs Naito

Jay White vs Velveteen Dream

Ishii vs Cody

Asuka vs Cesaro

WALTER vs Taichi

Shingo Takagi vs Jon Moxley

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

:getin:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Did Minoru Suzuki name his faction after himself?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it just means Suzuki Army so yes

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ChrisBTY posted:

Did Minoru Suzuki name his faction after himself?

They used to be called Kojima-Gun after Satoshi Kojima, and then TAKA & Taichi turned on him after about 6 months at Wrestling Dontaku 2011. They tried to beat him up but couldn't and then Minoru Suzuki turned up and choked Kojima out. This was surprising the last time he'd wrestled more than 1 or 2 matches a year in New Japan was 2005, though he had been on that year's Wrestle Kingdom V.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
2011? Holy hell, People aren't lying, the factions are way too drat stagnant

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

Okada vs PAC

Chris Jericho vs Naito

Jay White vs Velveteen Dream

Ishii vs Cody

Asuka vs Cesaro

WALTER vs Taichi

Shingo Takagi vs Jon Moxley

Wanna see all of these drat :stwoon:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

2011? Holy hell, People aren't lying, the factions are way too drat stagnant

At least Suzukigun went away for a couple of years to NOAH. Chaos has been together since 2009 when GBH (except Honma) turned on Makabe.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

All those matches sound great but holy fuccckkkkk....

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

At least Suzukigun went away for a couple of years to NOAH. Chaos has been together since 2009 when GBH (except Honma) turned on Makabe.

Chaos evolved with Yano, they're a completely different stable than they were in 2009

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

So this is the second time this week that I had a Japan-related wrestling memory, asked myself 'wait was the guy Minoru Suzuki?' and it was.

This time it's Suzuki vs Kana(Asuka)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBvVE1gCcIc

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Suzuki vs Joe is the meanest mean guy match imaginable holy poo poo :stare:

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

SG Bamboo posted:

Chaos evolved with Yano, they're a completely different stable than they were in 2009

They're still pretty stagnant tho. Goto, Yoshi-Hashi, and Ishii shouldn't be there anymore because Okada's hosed them over a lot by constantly being the top babyface/near-constant champ since WK10, and yet they're not budging???

Like, honestly, they teamed Yano up with Makabe at WK13, yet they haven't done anything with that since then, and it boggles my mind. Goto, Y-H, Ishii, Yano, Makabe, Honma, and gently caress it, YOH would all be great as heels in a reformed GBH, but they're not loving moving, and it boggles the loving mind.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Venomous posted:

They're still pretty stagnant tho. Goto, Yoshi-Hashi, and Ishii shouldn't be there anymore because Okada's hosed them over a lot by constantly being the top babyface/near-constant champ since WK10, and yet they're not budging???

Like, honestly, they teamed Yano up with Makabe at WK13, yet they haven't done anything with that since then, and it boggles my mind. Goto, Y-H, Ishii, Yano, Makabe, Honma, and gently caress it, YOH would all be great as heels in a reformed GBH, but they're not loving moving, and it boggles the loving mind.

Honma would not be great in anything at this point, he's Nakanishi levels of immobile. The rest is fair, though personally I think just redoing GBH would be a bit boring it'd be better than the almost complete stagnation in stables since LIJ came along.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

forkboy84 posted:

Honma would not be great in anything at this point, he's Nakanishi levels of immobile. The rest is fair, though personally I think just redoing GBH would be a bit boring it'd be better than the almost complete stagnation in stables since LIJ came along.
It's probably more of a "take a Makabe, get a free Honma" deal.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
SANADA should leave LIJ to join forces with Ibushi, Tanahashi, Juice, Ishimori and Roppongi 3K because that would be a very good stable

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

SANADA should leave LIJ to join forces with Ibushi, Tanahashi, Juice, Ishimori and Roppongi 3K because that would be a very good stable

this tweet feels relevant.
https://twitter.com/briamgilbert/status/1186407485105692674

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

frankenfreak posted:

It's probably more of a "take a Makabe, get a free Honma" deal.

Yeah, I mean GBH is still around as Makabe and Honma anyway, so why the hell not keep Honma around? At the very least, they could have him there to cut prematch promos that'd intimidate their opponents with his creepy fuckin goblin voice.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Cause of this thread I installed steam and bought FPW world.

I gotta buy a controller though. At some point last year I was cleaning up my room and decided I was never playing a video game again so I threw away my controller.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

Hello I did not mean to abandon the tournament I was busy.

Now that I've finally figured out how to embed Mp4s this should go much better.

Okada vs PAC
The Problem Child vs the Perfect Son
Okada is the best wrestler in the world, but PAC is as mean as Minoru Suzuki and as athletic as Taiji Ishimori. Okada hits the perfect dropkick early but PAC gains controls and just tosses Okada out of the ring like he's Brock Lesnar. Okada mounts a comeback and suplexes PAC half a dozen times like he's also Brock Lesnar. In fact, everyone in this match is Brock Lesnar. Red Shoes wears red shoes as a homage to how red Brock gets during his matches.

https://i.imgur.com/u2ICZi3.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/0HSrBTq.mp4

JoeJoe's bizarre adventure.
The recording glitched out at the beginning for about 10 seconds in which it appeared as if time had stopped for everyone but Minoru Suzuki, which is quite appropriate in a match where a man named Joe battles an ancient evil. Joe gets rattled early by Suzuki's weird time stopping powers and gets hit with a couple of piledrivers. Joe fights back, folds Suzuki in half, but then gets outmaneuvered again and taps out at exactly 7 minutes. Very underwhelming considering the participants, but I think this might be due to Joe having a weird CPU logic.
https://i.imgur.com/P0BPTnP.mp4

Chris Jericho vs Naito
Judas vs the man who killed his handsome friend SANADA in a fit of jealousy
Naito gets a lot of offense in at the start which is a strange departure from the usual Naito match where he gets beat up and looks like a chump. Jericho fights back because he knows better than to be the Naito of this match. Naito almost gets counted out after taking a sneaky low blow on the outside. They even get into a spirited striking exchange.

https://i.imgur.com/NkQ5ADB.mp4

CHaKKaWaKka fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Nov 27, 2019

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.
Glad this is continuing! I really need to pick up Fire Pro

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Minoru Suzuki intimidated time into stopping :ohdear:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

lmao at all the clowns in this thread that didnt have darby allin at #1

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I very deliberately set the voting to end just before AEW's first ever show. When I do another version of this thread later this year it'll be with the benefit of AEW's first year being done and it'll be real fun to see how things have changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Hangman is definitely going to be higher next time.