Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

1. Jon Moxley - Mox's reinvention of himself as he goes to NJPW and AEW has me more excited than anything else in years. Basically the minute he got out of the WWE system he got novahot and it rules. When he comes back from surgery it's gonna be hype as gently caress.

2. Daniel Bryan - I got back into wrestling after like ten years because of DBry. I hadn't watched anything since the week Triple HHH crawled into a casket and humped a mannequin but you know what? Bryan got me to overlook that. Finally getting to see him live after so many times where he had to be scratched was an absolute joy.

3. Kenny Omega - The perfect foreign heel for NJPW and a great top guy in AEW, he's also responsible for helping me onboard several of my friends who are into fighting games to wrestling because they already know who he is.

4. Kazuchika Okada - Pretty much the perfect face for Omega to be a foil to and the other half of one of the best rivalries in years. On the other hand, did not help me get friends to watch wrestling so I put him below Omega.

5. Chris Jericho - An all-time great who can get anything over, no matter how dumb. He's got a Bowie-like talent for reinventing himself and I respect the hell out of that. Also I think he's the last of the WCW wrestlers to be an active wrestler for a major company?

6. Kota Ibushi - An incredible athlete and one of the few people who genuinely excel as a white-meat babyface (the hardest thing to be!)

7. Kevin Owens - I respect the ever-living gently caress out of KO's dogged insistence on giving his all to get every feud he's in over. I also really enjoy the way he carries himself in the ring and whenever he talks trash to the audience.

8. Velveteen Dream - I've thought Dream was a star since his matches with Black where he basically was fighting a one-sided I Quit match. The way he lives his character at all times is awesome and I think he's got a bright future if they let him have one.

9. Cody - I've always liked Cody but thought that he was gonna be a guy like Orton who has too much of the WWE style to ever work outside the system. I'm glad he proved me wrong, he was willing to bet on himself and it paid off.

10. Kikutaro - Because I saw him live at an indie show with like 50 other people and he started the match by telling the ref that his entire fighting style was dick-punch-based so don't DQ anyone for it. I respect his belief in living and dying by the sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Mr. Swoon posted:

9. Tony Baroni
Local big fish in a small pond! I'm somewhat proud that BC has had ECCW as a local promotion for god knows how long, and I have an inherent love for sleazy jerks. Enter the man who calls himself Uncle Daddy. His entire gimmick is being an amoral scumbag. As an example, he had a feud with Cat Power for the ECCW women's championship. He goaded Power into this by going full-on misogynist. Later on, with one of the strippers he had accompany him to the ring, he admitted he's a feminist and was just being a dick to get Cat to put up her belt. A more recent promo example (He's the bald guy): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omhwTh0tC4U

Any time this guy does a show for 3-2-1 Battle in Seattle it's a required trip up for me.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Mr. Swoon posted:

:hf:

I was actually a little surprised when I found out how many BC indy folks wrestle in Washington. Nicole Matthews, sure, she's been everywhere. But Randy Myers? Really?

It's what Alberto Del Rio and Zeb Colter were trying to warn us about. Canadian wrestlers trying to sneak over the border to steal jobs from hard-working American and Mexican wrestlers.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

TheKingslayer posted:

Don't be so sad about Big Daddy Yum Yum's popularity.

He's improved so much after just two matches in Japan