Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm carefully thinking my list out, since and since it's active competitors I'm having a hard time deciding who's had the best careers from start to today that I want to include

But seeing Maki Itoh show up so many times is making me smile. gently caress. She isn't the best wrestler but she's the cutest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
10. Kyle O'Reilly
Out of the current crop of NXT breakouts in the last 2 or so years, Kyle is my favorite. Watching him work his way into submissions from almost any angle is a whole lot of fun to watch and he edges out over guys like Gargano/Cole/ZSJ for me because of how great his striking can be. He's also got one of the most expressive faces in wrestling today

09. Sami Zayn
Following the rules of active wrestlers only, I'm going to put Zayn on the list for his work in the indies and NXT more than anything else he's done on the main roster. Extremely charismatic and is part of probably my most watched matches of all time, the RDV Qualifier from CHIKARA's King of Trios also featuring Nick Jackson, Kota Ibushi, and Jigsaw.

08. ASUKA (DDT)
I heard about ASUKA previously just on merit of being an openly transgender wrestler but I hadn't really seen anything of her until the middle of this year when I got DDT Universe. She's had so many memorable matches and she's one of the most athletic people on my list, making flips and transitions look so smooth and effortless. If you haven't seen it, I HIGHLY recommend looking up her "Light Tube Death Match" with Akito in DDT Pro where the first one to break the single light tube in the match is declared the loser.

07. Chris Jericho
Jericho's been able to re-invent himself over and over again and stay completely relevant and over at every single stage of his over 20 year career. He's the type of guy who can turn any kind of gimmick into gold and while he hasn't had amazing matches consistently this late in his career, he's still one of the most entertaining guys to watch outside of the ring.

06. Jiro "Ikemen" Kuroshio
Ikemen is a very pretty boy who's entrance ritual consists of teasing getting into the ring for a full 4 minute song, doing flips through the ropes and summersaults through the ring. You need to experience this guy's entrance at least once in your lifetime. He's also a pretty fun to watch wrestler.

05. Asuka (WWE)
Suffering from the same kind of issues almost everyone in the WWE does after getting called onto the main roster, I'm still a huge fan of hers from more than 10 years ago when I first saw her with Mio and Io Shirai. She's always been fun to watch in the ring and her NXT Women's title reign is one of my favorite reigns of all time.

04. Pentagon
03. Daniel Bryan
02. Kazuchika Okada
01. Kota Ibushi

I don't need to convince anyone or justify who my top 4 are, everyone knows who they are.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I wish I could've included Miyu Yamashita, I love watching her work but she's got the presence of someone like Samoa Joe or Low-Ki and needs to be in a bunch of squash matches but TJPW is so small that it's not really feasible to have her just KO someone 2 minutes into a match. When she's in the ring with someone as good or better than her, she's amazing but she has a really hard time carrying anyone worse than she is so matches with Maki Itoh end up being kind of stale/slow when they take turns on offense.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Cavauro posted:

i wish i included O'Reilly on my list and should have but i don't think about him that often even though i like him a lot. i'm glad you put him on your list.
Thank you Cauvero for solidarity in our skinny white irish boy. I appreciate you

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Nick Gage has only been put onto 5 lists but has ranked extremely high on three of them, which has put him right up on the edge of the Top 20. Maki Itoh is our top ranked female wrestler so far and has only appeared on four lists, but ranked high enough that she's right there with Nick Gage.
It's kinda :psyduck: but Maki Itoh and Nick Gage were probably in the same building or passed each other during WM weekend because of GCW and DDT Pro shows and that seems like such a natural pairing that someone needs to book next April, please and thanks.