Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

1) Chris Jericho: What more can be said? Always relevant, constantly great, probably has aged better than most if not all his contemporaries. Effortless character work, great ring ability even now, the GOAT.

2) Pentagon Jr: Can hold a crowd in the palm of his hand. Amazing charisma, incredibly cool look, exceptional lucha style, death defying in singles and tag wrestling. I love him.

3) Will Ospreay: An absurdly gifted guy who is unfairly talented and makes every move look easy as gently caress. Started as a big goofus but over time it seems like he's made amends for acting like a dickwad and is more aware of his mental issues. Has even more room to grow as a wrestler and a person, sky is the limit.

4) Kota Ibushi: Still unbelievable and fearless after all these years. Should get the big belt at some point in his life because christ he is a modern Michelangelo in the ring and always part of classic matches.

5) Aleister Black: Unique look and personality, has a cool as gently caress aesthetic i.e. silent Satanic warrior who does meditative poo poo but will gently caress you up with Muay Thai. Incredible presence and poise, sad as gently caress he is being wasted to poo poo in WWE.

6) Kenny Omega: Love all his work. Hard to find matches of his I haven't thought were fun. Intruiged to see what happens with his arc in AEW. Improving his character and promos now. Hoping to see the Cleaner again.

7) Velveteen Dream: The most interesting character WWE has produced in epochs, and a true character with a wrestling name for once. One of the most ridiculous gimmicks got massively over and he has the coolest loving style from his entrance music and outfits to his smooth NXT-style ringwork. Future megastar and I hope to god WWE doesn't gently caress him up.

8) Pete Dunne: A dunce irl but god I love his style/look. A powerhouse, a bulldog who can go from strong style to indie murderer, probably should be even more popular but remains to be seen how NXT uses him.

9) Jordynne Grace: Future of any women's division. Could have easily put Tessa here but I personally like Grace more, is a great person, Thick Momma Pump, does powerbombs for days. Improves constantly and is only 23.

10) Orange Cassidy: was gonna write a thing here but too lazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

- Seth Rollins and Shinsuke Nakamura are surprisingly late additions to the list.

Rollins probably hurt himself by not having the most consistent year but Nakamura really hasn't been doing much in the ways of amazing work. At one point period of time he absolutely was one of the best and was working with some of the greatest talents in the world. With WWE, not so much.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Great loving posts for the top 20 countdown. Top tier poo poo.

Seth not being that high despite being a genuinely talented as gently caress worker I'll chalk up to not only his bullshit mouthpiece moments this year, but the very poor booking he's received. He should easily be a top-20 guy but being placed in heatless feuds instead of being let loose with the most talented people on the roster has really hurt his stock. If you replaced Baron Corbin, Brock Lesnar, and Braun with like....Aleister Black, Daniel Bryan, and Samoa Joe, guarantee Seth would rank better.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

beautiful top 20, thank you forever J-Ru. Idk why I was surprised that Okada was number one hahaha. For some reason I almost expected Jericho or Omega to top out. But Okada is the right choice and holy gently caress I didn't know he was only 31.