Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

My list is super New Japan centric because they have kept my love of wrestling alive after years of WWE abuse and the death of the indies.

1) Taichi loving rules and I love every second he is onscreen, be it his babyface fire or the other 95% of his day where he refuses to give a gently caress. Plus he has the devotion of the lovely Miho Abe, which gives him +5000 points
2) Jay White give me hope that heels can still be heels in this day and age. What an absolute shithead, I love him so much
3) Minoru Suzuki scares me, and his dropkick looks so goddamn brutal I consistently prefer it over Okada's
4) PAC was the first guy I ever saw do a double rotation moonsault, was my favorite member of W1 when I was following Dragon Gate in 12-14, and has been phenominal after escaping America as a right Bastard
5) Hiroshi Tanahashi will forever be my Ace, even now when he's half a man he still brings the magic and reminds me of KOPW 2012, and why I fell in love with New Japan
6) Daniel Bryan had my favorite singles match for a long time (vs Nigel at ROH Unified) and his leadup to WM 30 was my favorite thing WWE did for a long time. I haven't seen any matches of his since he came back but whatever promos i've seen on youtube have been solid, and that's enough to keep my past goodwill
7) Big Tomohiro Ishii does not have bad matches, and for a little man he has a monster brainbuster
8) Chase Owens in not a world beater, but he is a solid wrestler and seems genuinely happy in the role he's in. He reminds me of a simpler time. Before World, when all we had Ustream and Gracies and Yum Yum and Bruce Tharpe-desu. Chase Owens survived that shitshow and he still consistenly entertains me
9) Yujiro Takahashi is neither the best Yujiro (Kushida) nor the best Takahashi (Hiromu), but he is living his best life with the Tokyo Latina, and I can't fault him for that. Dude seems happy all the time and that really resonates with me
10) YOSHI-HASHI. No matter how much I poo poo talk him, I still end up invested in whatever YH has going on. It might just be a symptom of Yoshi-Hashi girl, but more than anyone on this list, he makes me believe in him. He's not my favorite wrestler, but he is so fascinating to me as a character that is well aware that he is way out of his depth, but he gets up every morning and tries his hardest because he knows there are people out there that support him. Keep going buddy :unsmith:

Honorable mentions
Hiromu and Shibata are not active for now
Shinsuke and Chris Hero were my favourites for a number of years, and then they left my radar so i dont feel right ranking them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Punch McLightning posted:

How are we handling tag teams/trios? Just listing them separately?

Jerusalem posted:

- You can enter a tag team on your list if you want, but I'll count them as two entries in alphabetical order which may drop others off your list.

Hope this helps

E: Curse you Jerusalem, I was trying to help and you made me look like a slow loser

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I don't wish to denigrate anyone's choices, but there is a suspicious lack of Taichi in the majority of lists. Pick up your game, Rowdy Ringsports

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NO VOTES HERE

Original:

SG Bamboo posted:

1) Taichi
2) Jay White
3) Minoru Suzuki
4) PAC
5) Hiroshi Tanahashi
6) Daniel Bryan
7) Big Tomohiro Ishii
8) Chase Owens
9) Yujiro Takahashi
10) YOSHI-HASHI.

The Script:

1) Taichi
2) Switchblade
3) Minoru Suzuki
4) Masaaki Mochizuki
5) Takashi Sugiura
6) Ishii
7) Tanahashi
8) Chase Owens
9) El Phantasmo
10) YOSHI-HASHI

PAC and Daniel Bryan have been usurped by the angry old man contingent of Mocchy and Sugiura, and ELP replaced Takahashi who wasn't on the list. I most certainly have a type, dickheads followed by grumpy old men.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

super macho dude posted:

If Shibata doesn't get honorary #1, I'm demanding for a full investigation and possible termination into JeRu's modship.

Miho Abe better get the honorary #1 spot despite (as far as i'm aware) never wrestling a match. She's an absolute treasure.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ishii vs Taichi G1 2019
Ishii vs Taichi Dominion 2019
Ishii vs Taichi New Japan Cup 2019

Ishii motivates Taichi like no-one else does and it's glorious

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'm holding out hope that Kawada will second Taichi for a future Ishii match because Taichi will have finally made his perfect father proud

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Venomous posted:

this means my wrestling opinions are automatically much more Good and Correct than all yours

Taichi at 2nd, quote checks out

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

At least Suzukigun went away for a couple of years to NOAH. Chaos has been together since 2009 when GBH (except Honma) turned on Makabe.

Chaos evolved with Yano, they're a completely different stable than they were in 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

2020 will be the year of Taichi, so I look forward to more people having him at First next time