Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Give it time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

TuxedoOrca posted:

Give it time.

Seriously, oh childrens, childrens, childrens are gonna love it!!!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

i wonder if that dude that was trying to sell his 8 nephews and nieces into star citizen indentured servitude ever succeeded

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://packaged-media.redd.it/ixc3...eec0b493ec2#t=0

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Took me a bit to figure out what was going on.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
The cat thought it would break when it pushed it out of the tree.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

What do you have to do to make these links work? Folk are using them all over the forum but they're all broken for me, 403s

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Aramoro posted:

What do you have to do to make these links work? Folk are using them all over the forum but they're all broken for me, 403s

What browser are you using? They just show up as playable videos for me and I'm on a few weeks old computer with freash install of firefox.

About as vanilla as you can get.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Apr 7, 2024

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Aramoro posted:

They don't work for me on the app either. I have to copy the link and then paste it into a browser.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Redundant posted:

They don't work for me on the app either. I have to copy the link and then paste it into a browser.

I'm on the app, but even if I open them in Chrome out of the embedded browser still no joy.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
A lot of the time they're hosted on reddit, so you might need some reddit cookies or something. You definitely don't need an account since I don't have one.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Worf posted:

i wonder if that dude that was trying to sell his 8 nephews and nieces into star citizen indentured servitude ever succeeded

This sounds... "great." What was this about? This sounds incredibly funny.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Time_pants posted:

This sounds... "great." What was this about? This sounds incredibly funny.

He wanted to buy accounts but with no ships attached so they'd have to come and crew his ship, make it a family experience.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Aramoro posted:

Go to "Edit Options" up top and see if you have the option "Show video embedded in posts with the [video] tag?" set to yes.

Not sure if that will make a difference though.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Fil5000 posted:

He wanted to buy accounts but with no ships attached so they'd have to come and crew his ship, make it a family experience.

What a loving scumbag. These people are cult recruiters.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Aramoro posted:

I'm on the app, but even if I open them in Chrome out of the embedded browser still no joy.

I believe you have to go to settings and say yes to "Show video embedded in posts with the [video] tag?"

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

This is just :chefkiss:

https://app.suno.ai/song/a1dae7f1-0364-4e65-849c-de5f3356f20d/

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

:five: :perfect:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Lol

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Oh dear…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JafZaPNhHQ&t=228s

“The best in every way.”
“It all seems extremely polished.”
“It's the seamlessness , I think, that made it.”

…no, not SC. A very different yet very similar game. Probably hasn't been cooking for 14 years, so it's surely actually the worst.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Extremely disconcerting thumbnail

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Tippis posted:

Oh dear…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JafZaPNhHQ&t=228s

“The best in every way.”
“It all seems extremely polished.”
“It's the seamlessness , I think, that made it.”

…no, not SC. A very different yet very similar game. Probably hasn't been cooking for 14 years, so it's surely actually the worst.

Yahtzee and his incomplete clone are right. It looks about as good as you could ask for, given the genre.

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
It's been a few years since I last checked on this thing, any really good drama?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Kellanved posted:

It's been a few years since I last checked on this thing, any really good drama?

they added a loading screen to get between 2 different zones in the game and the community went berserk with how innovative the concept was

oh and theres a $48,000 ship package that you cant buy unless youve already spent $10,000

Worf fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Apr 10, 2024

swamp thong
Nov 6, 2023
the roberts silenced bootcha but we're unable to enjoy the drama because bootcha is a coward and wont leak the legal threats

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

swamp thong posted:

the roberts silenced bootcha but we're unable to enjoy the drama because bootcha is a coward and wont leak the legal threats

Hold on what? Did I miss any posts from Bootcha on the matter saying he has been contacted by CIG lawyers because of his YouTube thing? That would be as hosed up as MoMA being Toast.

Or is that just your own speculation?

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Apr 10, 2024

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

MedicineHut posted:

Hold on what? Did I miss any posts from Bootcha on the matter saying he has been contacted by CIG lawyers because of his YouTube thing? That would be as hosed up as MoMA being Toast.

Or is that just your own speculation?

I'm pretty sure that happened years and years ago.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Kellanved posted:

Basically, they want a 1.0 release version out soon...probably to satisfy investors.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Colostomy Bag posted:

Basically, they want a 1.0 release version out soon...probably to satisfy investors.

Which is completely different than shoving a garbage game out the door to satisfy publishers, by the by :colbert:

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Oooh man. Once something is 1.0 it can be officially reviewed on those merits. No amount of "it's in beta" will be applicable. Though prepare for a lot of NMS and Cyberpunk comparisons.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Is the thinking here that the 1.0 release is going to happen this year?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Time_pants posted:

Is the thinking here that the 1.0 release is going to happen this year?

The (leaked) word is that its out the door in 2025. Reliability of rumors and actually achieving that may vary.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

War Wizard posted:

Oooh man. Once something is 1.0 it can be officially reviewed on those merits. No amount of "it's in beta" will be applicable. Though prepare for a lot of NMS and Cyberpunk comparisons.

Lol if you think the faithful won't just make up reasons that 1.0 somehow doesn't count as actually releasing the game. NMS and Cyberpunk comparisons won't really work because somehow, SOMEHOW NMS was announced a year after Star Citizen had enough work behind it to start the kickstarter and Cyberpunk got announced about the same time as the SC kickstarter.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Fil5000 posted:

Lol if you think the faithful won't just make up reasons that 1.0 somehow doesn't count as actually releasing the game.
Oh, 100%. The real gameplay of Star Citizen is making excuses for why the game's not done.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Time_pants posted:

Oh, 100%. The real gameplay of Star Citizen is making excuses for why the game's not done.

for me its not buying it & laughing at the ppl that have

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI-3-ndkRys

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Worf posted:

for me its not buying it & laughing at the ppl that have

That's like the upside-down castle in Castlevania Symphony of the Night. It's the hidden secret game hidden behind the game.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Kool aid too cheap to meter in the comments.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

yea i was shocked at how many people were slurping this down lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

I skipped to the very end of the video and someone in his chat recommended something re: "using AI".

:pseudo:

Some Nerd on Youtube posted:

It's a crazy idea, but the live testing they're doing now is already beyond what you can find in other games. Being able to shoot from one server and hit a player on another server is insane.z

EDIT: In case it isn't obvious, simulating the physics of players/projectiles/etc interacting across servers in real time is WAY beyond what games like EVE Online do.

They still can't stop comparing their unfinished game to one from 20 years ago.

Mellow_ fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Apr 11, 2024