Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

BiggestOrangeTree posted:

And honestly, would it really be so bad to let cig mine some bitcoin on your machine, they're doing so much for us

CIG should offer this in exchange for ships imo

after all, one cant simply save up to buy them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Experimental Skin posted:

With as many glitches, so its a win. At least until it drives you backwards into a dam...

I lost all respect for Teslas when my local window salesman needed to reverse for three times to turn around to get out of my slighty icy driveway, which is almost level. Like a car from 1900 would just drive backwards, ezpz

Sadly i watched it happen from inside the house, would have been glorious to stand outside and go full bystander

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

And honestly, would it really be so bad to let cig mine some bitcoin on your machine, they're doing so much for us

Chris is personally bankrolling these servers with his Wing Commander movie proceeds and I think we all owe it to him to chip in a little

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
That’s a pretty hefty $7.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://packaged-media.redd.it/2gz8...3d41c80a614#t=0

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

MedicineHut posted:

the crappy new flight model basically everyone is melting down about in spectrum.

You need to give it time. I'm sure eventually they'll enjoy the new mechanics by which I mean dissenters will be reeducated.

When you're under a mountain of debt and you've been evicted and everyone you know has cut your out of their lives you can look at them and say: I held the mine

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Commandos waiting as the patch is about to drop... postponed... about to drop... postponed... about to drop...

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

FishMcCool posted:

Commandos waiting as the patch is about to drop... postponed... about to drop... postponed... about to drop...

I heard the gray one jettisoned a cargo of humans to avoid a space fine, sad!

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

jettison
verb
1. To have an object clip through your ship into space in the BDSSE

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

FishMcCool posted:

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

:gary:

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

:perfect:

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

lmao

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Star Citizen: would you be willing to lend your processing power to CIG :patriot:

Answer the call citizens

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1781411063981900042

▪️Kay's ship, the 'Trailblazer', was designed to be "accessible, fun, and action packed as possible"
▪️Each planet or moon have orbits around them that serve as explorable areas
▪️Each orbit is "full of things to do": different points of interest, battles to get into, secrets to find
▪️If you reach the edge of an orbit, you hyperdrive into another orbit of a different planet/moon
▪️You can hyperdrive somewhere else at any moment
▪️There are large space stations that you can land on that have side quests, vendors, etc
▪️There are smaller, intimate dogfights, but also 'epic scale' battles

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

I said come in! posted:

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1781411063981900042

▪️Kay's ship, the 'Trailblazer', was designed to be "accessible, fun, and action packed as possible"
▪️Each planet or moon have orbits around them that serve as explorable areas
▪️Each orbit is "full of things to do": different points of interest, battles to get into, secrets to find
▪️If you reach the edge of an orbit, you hyperdrive into another orbit of a different planet/moon
▪️You can hyperdrive somewhere else at any moment
▪️There are large space stations that you can land on that have side quests, vendors, etc
▪️There are smaller, intimate dogfights, but also 'epic scale' battles

Fun things to do? It'll never catch on.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Fil5000 posted:

Fun things to do? It'll never catch on.

Fun things to do according to Ubi Soft.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i laughed at "full of things to do"

i want to protest that game because of the horrible pricing structure but the people crying abt the protagonist make me want to counter protest it by buying it on the deepest discount possible

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm buying at launch, excited. I have brain worms that make me enjoy a lot of UBISoft open world games.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I said come in! posted:

I'm buying at launch, excited. I have brain worms that make me enjoy a lot of UBISoft open world games.

i think they did ghost recon wildlands etc? if so i played a lot of that game coop with friends and a decent amount of the one after it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Worf posted:

i think they did ghost recon wildlands etc? if so i played a lot of that game coop with friends and a decent amount of the one after it

This teams big games were the Division 2, and Avatar Frontiers of Pandora.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

:five:

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

I said come in! posted:

The Avatar game turned out pretty solid right? I'm cautiously optimistic for the Star Wars game. The Ubisoft formula can usually keep me entertained for 20 - 30 hrs at least.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

LOL

I want to pet the top hat commando kitty.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah, I played and completed Avatar and really enjoyed it. Plus the graphics on the PC version were completely insane. One of the best looking video games out there right now.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
wasnt SC feature complete a couple months ago?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No, not even close. its still pre-alpha and barely has any content in it.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

NoMas posted:

Sqaudron 42 their single player game that nobody has seen in like 5 years supposedly is

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

NoMas posted:

It is the Platonic Ideal of not feature complete.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
SQ42 being complete is the Aurora Borealis in Skinners kitchen of video games

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

NoMas posted:

It has more content than any ten other games, i think you will find

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

just out of curiosity i wanted to see the state of things, what with talk of this big patch and stuff

so i spent a few seconds watching the first stream that popped up on twitch, it only took 20 seconds before the usual issues became apparent

the commando got into the subway car and started to change their clothing via the holo wrist buddy thing

he then fell through the floor of the train and started his descent into the planet's core

his chat was variations of "just play rimworld" "we knew this was going to happen" "this is why I hate star citizen"

etc

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Only Kindness posted:

"Lore Team" definitely seems like one of those real-companies-have-this-so-we-should-too things. It's an intangible, and it may well drive sales (no reason to think one way or the other: consider that the average citizen is, by definition, an idiot that is bad with money) but from a realistic point of view I am going to guess the following is true:
  • The Lore is epic reams of poorly-written sub-fanfic-level text about things not in the game or that do not affect the game at all.
  • They use the word circa a lot to give the idea that all this is carefully-researched-and-documented discovered history, and not just made-up irrelevancies.
How close am I?

In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwards.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will.

Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all UEE forces must wear the upgraded suit to block this effect.

However, enertainment is also questionable in UEE grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, flight races would end with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not sporting. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Snuff films are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdered just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film. Any film that does not feature someone being murdered will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot pass out, but they will feel like it forever.

Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners are also subjected to the removal of blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, and even the injection of pressure. Prisoners sentenced to pressure chambers are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Children born on the 14th of July are subjected to the removal of their skeleton and an implant of a silver liquid to replace it. The nervous sysem is also injected in various parts to ensure it is five times more sensitive than the average.

Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders. The Stimpire orders at least 1 million citizens to be dispatched every day, as they are afraid the population may overthrow them. But only one planet is cared for, and the rest are banned from eating, drinking, talking, using technology, touching anyone, wearing unauthorized clothes, touching buildings, or walking a centimeter out of designated routes. Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered so that they are 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population. At least 7 billion die every 12 hours under this rule.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the Stimpire with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a prison. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it. They then undergo a painful extraction of all fluids, to be replaced by a toxin which causes permanent irritation. The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die. Prisoners punished in this way are unable to be reverted, despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Star Citizen will never be good or worth playing.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Star Citizen will never be good or worth playing.

Never is a strong word. Centuries for now, when there is only one working computers left, humanity has dwindled to dozens, huddled in a bunker deep below the ground, all other games will long been lost to time, but Star citizen will still be there. Will it not be buggy as hell? No. Will it be any fun to play? Of course not. But like the cockroaches where are the main source of nutrition in those bleak future days, it will survive, and be the only source of entertainment other than the main one, cockroach racing.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Yeah it's Massive. It's not like there aren't many, many reasons to never touch Ubisoft but they'd be the biggest one.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

NoMas posted:

If by feature you mean its ability to part money from rubes I think you’ll find it was feature complete in 2014.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Fidelitious posted:

To clarify, I did dig through Ben's twitter fairly recently to definitively answer this question and he has had no link to Star Citizen for close to 2 years. He even updated his LinkedIn and there's an end date on his CIG job title.
So he does not work there which is why he only posts about Wing Commander. He has no actual job.

What does he live off of?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Worf posted:

yea but a tesla is cheaper

I just remembered that of all the horrible decisions, Chris Roberta never bought a Tesla, unlike thread favorite Derek Smart.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Worf posted:

i laughed at "full of things to do"

i want to protest that game because of the horrible pricing structure but the people crying abt the protagonist make me want to counter protest it by buying it on the deepest discount possible

What's wrong with the protagonist?