Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I haven't checked on this thing in ages, seems to mostly be in the same state it was before, a barely-functioning pre-alpha with the devs still making wild promises about the ship jpgs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
My favorite part is learning the game uses the Crysis engine, but in order to have outer space adventure in an engine built for a single island, everything in the engine is itty bitty, and a ton of the physics glitches are because of how tiny everything is and the engine literally not being designed to handle it.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
TBH it seems to be about extremely weird memes and trying to tally all the gifs and clips of star citizen footage loving up

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Pixelate posted:

One of the best Cryengine-in-spaaaace struggles is the 'our ships are underwater!' thing.

And it's still going on...

I've heard of some pretty crazy workarounds and tricks in game development, but I guess this is what it looks like when the trick fails.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Pixelate posted:

Don't play to their strengths!

Designed:

Executed:

The elevator's wild spin move never stops amusing me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Quavers posted:

:toot: New space ship available for everyone to buy :shepspends:

Why are these all different price points?