Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
thread didn't even start till page 18 fuds see you in the verse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
I'm hoping this game gets to a point where it can be reliably griefed without having to pay more than like 50 bucks or on free fly events

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Gravity_Storm posted:

Migrating to UE4.

A ship that hints at new and exciting gameplay - moon fracking.

Buy your own space station.

I'm surprised they haven't offered full on space stations or real estate options yet. these idiots are paying a grand for a jpeg how much for a poster sized jpeg?

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
boomer posting...piled high

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
is there a good rundown post of what happened at the con i missed it all. did anything funny happen? im gonna dl the game and have a laugh with this free fly event, wish me luck. i hope i can uninstall it when im done :ohdear:

e;fb

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
oh god i realised i just downloaded the game onto my main hard drive oh god oh gently caress

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
so i played the free fly event as a new player. I woke up in a laggy apartment with no idea what to do and it kept putting random tutorial messages on my screen that were irrelevant to what i was actually doing. I accepted a pop up 'quest' then ran around the laggy city for ages and bought some purple shoes and a gun. i finally found the hanger bay and worked out how to call my ship but forgot which hanger it was in. thought i found it as there was a ship with its ramp down but it wouldnt let me turn it on. turned around and there were two guys staring at me so i guess it wasn't mine but i got my foot stuck in the floor so i couldn't leave. game crashed as they tried to fly off.

found my ship, worked out controls, smashed into the hanger door as it wouldnt open. Googled that i needed to call someone to open it, googled how to call someone, took off, started climbing out of the atmosphere but my cockpit window kept opening and closing. managed to work out how to FTL travel to a location, got interdicted, stopped my ship, was immediately fired on upon and killed. game crashed. uninstalled.

couple q's. is it meant to take literal minutes in game to leave atmosphere? why are the keybinds so bad?

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
I try to keep up with this thread but it gets exhausting pretty quick. 6-12 months ago I was certain 2020 was going to be the year this thing imploded but it seems like nothing has changes yet. Crazy. I look forward to seeing in real time just how far goal posts can be stretched.

Please change the thread title to ground zero when the final meltdown begins I really don't want to miss it.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
I last played on one of those free fly events when they announced a mine layer ship or something because croberts had snorted the last 3 months jpeg sales. Is game out yet? Is that alien trader ship that's been sold for years a real thing yet? Is his wife still doing weird news report announcement videos? I've missed so much

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

DigitalPenny posted:

Can i assume it will have the best prodcedural scramblede eggs i have ever virtually eaten ? i mean who else gets to eat 15 millin dollar eggs?

Probably snoop dogg in some vice article with awkward camera angles

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
I'm still laughing that all the 'PU' has done for the game so far has 1. hosed everything up even more and 2. Made each port/city or whatever be covered in the medical gowns you respawn in. Just generic boxes covering the floor and ruining what fps anyone has.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
also i'm still not convinced these monthly SQ42 updates are real. I feel like im having a stroke trying to parse all this.

https://mailchi.mp/cloudimperiumgames/squadron-42-update-149080?e=8194eefc19

quote:

Finally, the janitor behavior, which was parked in 2021, was brought back.

queef anxiety fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Apr 6, 2023

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
I hope we get nudity like in Rust ( for those that dont know in Rust you can enable and disable nudity making players either appear fully naked to your or if disabled you only see underwear or choose that it's pixelated).

Just imagine sitting in your ship naked having a good time maybe salvaging ships drinking a beer.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
There was no excuse for the lazy space dragonborn temple loop

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, and those two games are really good! But not really want I am craving right now. Ooh well. Been hoping something is in development to look forward to, but as far as I know there really isnt. Everything right now is leaning heavily into crafting/survival in space with a big emphasis on traveling through space to land on planets and then build. They all want to be the next No Man's Sky.

Sounds like you need a dose of the 'verse commando! o7

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Worf posted:

Reported

If it goes to the same place as any other bug or harassment reports CIG get im not worried lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
https://youtu.be/uDK_w8FP680?si=FVbG9OaB1PsDVyos

This video is causing quite the stir on spectrum at the moment with all treads related to it removed