Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
Hard to believe I last looked at this project 6 years ago and it still isn't out and is still massively disappointing everyone. CIG leadership on their yachts probably thinking the same. Seeing forum posters linking salvage mechanics from 2016 being removed over and over through the years via screenshots of roadmaps is really embarrassing, but yet on one of the most recent videos I watched Disco Lando or Jared or whoever was having a jolly conversation about how they'll add space garages all around the game so players could hex edit the color of their ships, and a bunch of idiots were contemplating how they'd do it since they're already selling skins. These AI updates are particularly disturbing as well, who in the actual gently caress cares about AI getting drinks out of a fake vending machine when there is literally nothing to do. Why did I even look into this again after 6 years? How do none of these people know how to prioritize anything? Literally everything is a feature for some dumb $45 game that doesn't exist that they're trying to convince everyone they're hiding from the PU meanwhile selling $3,000 ships for the PU and ignoring it. Literally every priority is wrong. I can't even comprehend what I am seeing, it somehow got worse than when I last looked at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

So what exactly does coffee do in this "game" that is so important there needs to be a coffee stand? Is there any sleepy pilot mechanic. Does it keep you from falling asleep at how bored it is with no gameplay? Are these people still using lumberyard engine? Remember when they refactored the whole engine to lumberyard randomly without telling anyone? What ever happened with that? Why is coffee so important all of a sudden?!

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

Uh yea so after they poo poo on all their backers they sent out a newsletter telling everyone to gear up for Xenothreat that links to a page with $700 ships and packages for purchase lol.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

Erulisse posted:

But could you honestly blame the people that probably seen the following video in their newsletters?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agCAx2l38PQ
It started off as sarcasm but the refueling part of the vid is cool and I like it.
Also spork citizen in 60fps! Most of the time its 40 for me with 20 while filming

"You might end up somewhere where there is nothing, there are no people, there is nothing on the planet, and you'll need fuel."
Why. Why would anyone go somewhere there is nothing. Why. After one person goes there once and says, there is nothing here, nobody will ever go there again, because there is nothing there. Why would anyone visit nothing. Why.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

El Grillo posted:

OK which one of you made the CRoberts space dozer, it's so fantastic https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitize...web2x&context=3

Pretty good. This showed up in related for me and gave me a good chuckle too. (coffee related)
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/sjs0qd/me_in_317/

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

Also this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eETJMudFYgU

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

cmdrk posted:

wait really? :lol:

https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/wvsf0i/updated_visualization_of_current_top_16_of/ilm7r8g/

redwalrus fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 26, 2022

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

star citizen is a toothy blowjob for an army of old nerds that have never had one before and are holding on for dear life hoping it will stop hurting any second but they’re going to end up losing their dick, remaining desperate, deprived and delusional.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

You have to buy the cons goodie pack and be a member of concierge to get access to the alpha content steam that includes pyro.

Pyro is a closed system with only pyro because meshing doesn’t work yet.

Reports are that Pyro itself is unfinished and has three stations, and doesn’t look as good or the same as the demo at the con.

There’s always more it’s always worse.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

The context of this clip greatly amused me, with the OP saying the animation looked great and they weren't sure if it was new.
This project and the people that simp for it are infuriating with no experience playing any other games, completely detached from what is dogshit in 2023.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

Lladre posted:

Remember when they paid actors to do motion capture speeches.

Good times.

How could anyone forget, they keep showing the same Gary Oldman parpface speech every two years during their feature complete mega sale bamboozle.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

Trilobite posted:

It's all just polishing the game from this point forward. That's what it's called when you are ready to start building all of the game mechanics and AI and generally think about how it should play, right? The part that comes after you've decided on bedsheet deformation algorithms and done all the mo-cap for the arcade machines in the mess hall?

Well lets see what they're working on in their latest email update since they announced its feature complete...

Email Received 11/01/2023
SUBJ: DEVELOPMENT UPDATE 11:01:2023

quote:

In October, AI Content’s focus was on reviewing the functionalities showcased in the ‘I Held the Line’ video shown at CitizenCon, specifically the Stanton’s hangar, med-bay, and new gym area. AI Content incorporated responsive behaviors for NPCs on the hangar sidelines. These characters now dynamically react to the player's actions in the cockpit, significantly amplifying the immersive quality of the in-game environment.
Ah yes the AI team is working on the bullshit conference scam videos.

quote:

AI Features are currently developing an all-encompassing test level for combat that will allow them to test all of their features together. There, they can add various parameters and select different enemies with varying combinations of traits. This new level will be used to test combat consistency across the PU and SQ42 and will provide a solid place to test improvements and bug fixes to AI combat and its related functionality.
The game is feature complete, yet they just now built a level to test AI, well I'm totally convinced because I'm a loving idiot take my money.

quote:

They’re also working on the first-select animations for weapons and their malfunctions, continuing to capture animations where needed to complement scenes and locations, and working through the various facial animations for story performances and ambient dialogue.
The mocap isn't loving done, so we're continuing to mocap, and mocap for faces isn't done either.

quote:

Tech Sound Design spent time ensuring the tech-demonstration videos had the proper sounds and the desired synchronization and timings occurred.
The sound team recorded folly for our fake scam bullshit videos, give us money.

quote:

The majority of the Engine team’s work last month involved preparing for CitizenCon.
All hands on deck for the tech team, zero loving progress on the game, we must craft something to show for the Con.

quote:

Work also began on a new SQ42-specific frontend, making it feel like an extension of the game world. It will feature a changing environment reflecting how far through the campaign players are and be populated with collected items.
Feature complete, front-end UI/UX not even started, not a feature, uh, wait is it a feature? Let me look at my notes...

quote:

Much of Gameplay Story’s October involved focusing on reviewing new content seen during the ‘I Held the Line’ video. As part of this, they expanded their scenes with the hangar deck crew, adjusting idles and welding animations for the character on top of the Gladius and updating the ladder-climb animation to fix some clipping. They also added more idles to the deck-crew character in the cockpit and added the new mobiGlas effect to the refueling character.
We had our gameplay team focus for the entire month of October on a bullshit demo instead of the actual game we're totally going to release one day. Instead of showing you that game, we just craft whatever for whenever, and pretend like there is a game.

quote:

The Narrative team spent time finalizing content captured last month to get initial animations and audio passes into the game so they could experience the moments in situ. They’ll continue to sync with the Design teams to review the levels as this content is implemented.
Working on initial animations in our very real feature complete videogame coming soon maybe not but also when I have a date you know the rest.

quote:

Lastly, work on ground fog resulted in various optimizations as well as a fix for subsample-sized holes in planet terrain height maps. These height maps are used for various purposes, such as building planet terrain shadows or spawning GPU particles on the ground. The latter was especially subject to those holes as they could cause infrequently erratic spawning of particles.
We made everything foggy to hide the lovely planet tech.

Anyway this poo poo goes on and on, anyone that reads this and has a brain has less of a brain after they're done (myself included) and knows they're on their 11th or 12th year of being full of poo poo I've since lost count.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

If there is one thing this place has contributed to the game, it’s this:
https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/16ij7rl/comment/k7fgxlc/

I remember.
edit: also I saw birds in the sq42 preview, so thats funny as well.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK5C83wm5JI&t=293s

:yarg:

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

Azubah posted:

Yeah and they'll be one thread once thread meshing is implemented.

funniest post this year, I am loving dying.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

TheAgent posted:

I miss MoMA

I miss you and your leaks, I’m assuming you got laid off and NDA’d, condolences.
I’m guessing layoffs will continue through the year as funding continues to fall short.
I’m looking forward to a new era of memes.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

I think it might finally be time for a refund.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

This guy still works there and is on payroll.
He still posts on twitter nonstop about wing commander script translations.
I remember when he told everyone hauling people would earn so much money in the ‘verse that they had to price the Genesis Starliner higher than other ships at $400.
Then TonyZ wrote a huge article about mixing drinks with the mixmaster.

The ship isn’t in the game.
The gameplay doesn’t exist.
Nobody knows what either of them do at the company.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

At citcon 2023 cig announced two features coming before 2024, one never came and is nowhere to be found.

Patch 3.23 was due in April but PTU servers are unplayable and they’ve removed over half the features that were originally in, all related to gameplay.

They’re holding a five phase event in game for a fomo upgrade token on a $170 ship, but since missions in game don’t work nobody can complete it.
So they said they’ve dedicated a team to investigate and fix the mission in the upcoming patch.
Backers were worried and contacted support to get their mission status directly since unlike a normal game they don’t have it in the actual game.
Support told users they hadn’t completed the missions.
Turns out the scripts support uses to get completion status on players for missions is also bugged but CIG isn’t sure.

There’s always more it’s always worse.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

Fidelitious posted:

To clarify, I did dig through Ben's twitter fairly recently to definitively answer this question and he has had no link to Star Citizen for close to 2 years. He even updated his LinkedIn and there's an end date on his CIG job title.
So he does not work there which is why he only posts about Wing Commander. He has no actual job.

Oh ok. Well thats some clarification. I wonder what happened to that guy who always had a money hat.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

Citcon 2023 — SQ42 is Feature Complete!
May 1, 2024 — ““Additionally, Narrative worked closely with Core Gameplay to implement the Galactapedia, testing out the layout, content, and triggering of various entries. This is being trialed on a sample level to establish a standardized process before being applied across the game.”

Look at these idiots arguing about what feature complete means:
https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/1chtt17/squadron_42_update_may_1st_2024/

redwalrus fucked around with this message at 14:40 on May 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

CIG was ahead of the curve on being a poorly-run video game company, everyone else is racing to catch up so we're talking about them instead

What do you mean, they're already 6% done from the latest list of promises from shitcon last year that were slated for April 2024 commando, this is unheard of progress. Imagine, customizable hair colors, they've been working on the character customizer for 8 years now!

redwalrus fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 10, 2024