Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

rePool posted:

Here's to another decade of showing tojal how to be more positive.

Nice to see Erin getting a hug off his brother there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

free hubcaps posted:

why do all the spacesuits in this game look like they were ripped directly from mass effect

Ryan Archer apparently.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Scruffpuff posted:

It goes so much deeper, though. To even say "good at exploring" carries with it such implications, like a second bed. Not only the existence of something to explore (which, as you stated, there is not) but the existence of the very concept of exploration, and accompanying game mechanics for same. What does "exploration" even mean? Pretend CIG has things to explore. (Stop laughing.) If another player gets there first is it considered "explored?" Is it like No Man's Sky where you can name it? Does it fill in part of a map that used to be blank? Is this map local to the user, shared to everyone, or can you sell the cartographic data to other players so they know the lay of the land that you mapped out for them? I'm sure the Crobbler would prefer the third idea, but I just did more work than they have in 8 years in thinking about any of this, and absolutely none of this exists in the game in any form. So to say the ship is "good at exploration" is borderline fraud.

LOL there's a 100 systems planned (*), look at Elite, explorer autism knows no bounds, I give it two weeks and all the secrets will have been "explored".

*there's never going to be 100 systems

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

RBA Starblade posted:

That Indian lander crashed btw :smith:

Well, it's got that in common with Star Citizen.

Anyway, the Indian PM Narendra Modi has just given a decent eulogy - "life's ups and downs, carry on, keep striving, etc"

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

deej posted:

Reminder that Chris Roberts, CEO of space game, believes you can swim about in space irl

That's right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxxlrKlLO9g

Or maybe with a gravity gun. It gets hazy after a while.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

MedicineHut posted:

poo poo, posts are trippling every second.

fake e: Was than an Oxford comma or a poo poo comma?

The Oxford comma is used to separate out elements that might otherwise be run together and confused.

quote:

I love the posters in this thread, Gillian Welch and The Cramps.

Or do I love

quote:

the posters in this thread called "Gillian Welch" and "The Cramps"?

With this one crazy piece of punctuation, you can improve your written English 1000%!!!!

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Hav posted:

I loved that joke in ‘Carry on Doctor’, and I love it now.

Khyber, Camping, and Screaming, in that order.

(Note Oxford comma).

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man
:gary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McDhkXZv6ck :yarg:

Twerk recaps the latest Star Citizen news and tries to make sense of what the company is currently saying.

1. They're inventing something called an iCache system which sounds super exciting.
2. Something something mining assets.
3. A mission giver audit is on the cards, so missions should be awesome from now on.
4. NEW SHOPPING ITEMS!!!!
5. VoIP is getting some love.
6. Character customisation is progressing.
7. NEW HAIR PIPELINE!!!! (apparently this is super important for immersion).
8. Vulkan support is coming (it's not coming).
9. Shipjacker armour is on the way (designed for gameplay that doesn't exist).
10. Salvage is moved to 4.0.
11. Security system moves to 4.0.
12. "Social AI" is the new focus - no, I've no idea either.
13. Prison gameplay is in - can the inevitable consequences of piracy be far behind?
14. In-game guilds have been delegated to Tony Z - I guess that means we'll never see it?
15. Video content - he loves this week's video content.
16. "Personal commodity inventory" - more bullshit made up terms for your inventory, basically, except it only stores commodities. Duh!
17. *dreams.txt*
18. E-war gameplay on the Vanguard Sentinel is shown - e-war will never be a thing.
19. Torpedo gameplay, you'll be able to see the torpedos exiting your ship - this doesn't exist.
20. Hover mode refactored again to "proximity assist" because it sucked, basically - do they not test this poo poo before punting it out to the backers???
21. Star Citizen Live! Todd Papy and Brian Chambers wing it, basically. "Cadence" is a new buzzword apparently.
22. Persistence in the PU - err, yeah... not yet.
23. Re. roadmap grumbling - yeah, well roadmaps are hard, we can't produce them and be accurate at the same time, I mean honestly.
24. 4.0 is a vertical slice. Praise be to Crobblers!
25. Ship station docking? Erm no, probably not.

Star Citizen looking pretty good now fudsters :smuggo:

Jonny Shiloh fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Sep 10, 2019

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Scruffpuff posted:

No, you see, you can't trust the sub-ether network in the Space Future™ because of the risk of interception (as anyone who has watched a sci-fi program will tell you, decrypting encrypted communications is easy once you hack the first 3 firewalls). That's why CIG talked about "Data-Runner Ships" which you can use to transport important data the old-fashioned way. It is much more difficult to track a small ship through the vastness of space, unless of course you use a mine-layer ship with mines that have an incredible range of 10km which are sure to lay waste to your target, because in Star Citizen small ships are both difficult to track and great for running secret data but it's also a universe where it's very easy to predict the trajectory of an enemy target with sub-10km precision in advance.

I suppose you could use the mine-layer to protect important stationary data in a container in space which is a fantastic way to store sensitive data, as evidenced by the fact that Fort Knox keeps its valuables out in the open in the middle of nowhere with no guards and a handful of landmines around it. Those don't even have a 10km radius so that's another point for Star Citizen!

In conclusion, Star Citizen is a game of contrasts.

Small ships are also incredibly slow compared to whale mega-ships, so there's that too.

They've clearly thought deeply about this haven't they?

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Sectopod posted:

Thanks for the write up. I find it funny that shitizens rarely talk about that kind of stuff (you know, how the ingame world actually works) but simultaneously claim that nothing is faked in their BDSSE.

Citizens can't talk about the stuff that's faked because that would cause a rift in the spacetime continuum and mean the BDSSE is just a hacked together CryEngine mod.

So they just ignore all that poo poo and - ooh look, sunset on Daymar with a citizen posing heroically.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

It's NEVER time for that again you bastard.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

SoftNum posted:

SC has done strange things to me, because it being a space game I was surprised at the lack of misogyny in that thread.

Dr Kay Ross was Dr Anthony Ross, right? Help me out here, I'm trying to imagine the Star Citizen community's reaction if Jane Crewe or Mary Sue Abent turned up on Inside Star Citizen, and I'm failing.

Maybe they'd be welcoming and non-judgemental?

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Snarf is OK, I just think he's misguided (and possibly heavily invested) and has taken on the role of fidei defensor over on the Frontier forums because there are very few other people over there willing to stand up for the game.

Admittedly there are a few souls who will kvetch about the piss taking and wonder why E:D gets cut slack when SC is getting eviscerated, but I think that's more out of orneriness and contrarianism than it is out of deep held convictions about the worth of Crobbler's magnificent octopus.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Agony Aunt posted:

So, i'm having a robust back and forth with one of the more stauch supporters of the game.

Its certainly been challenging because he's avoiding actually discussing the topic a lot and instead focuses on making personal comments and casting shade on my motivations.

Occasionally he does deem to actually try and make an on-topic point, in between making personal comments.

I've been avoiding sharing the discussions because i didn't want to be accused of brigading, but this one is pure gold.

Note, not providing link or including their name for the aforementioned reason.

PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH THE POOP!

This was in relation to me talking about how Chris, live on video, said SQ42 would be out later that year (2014) with SC to follow the next year.

But apparently they are not dates and mean nothing, poo poo happens apparently, and this is absoloutely fine and normal. Now, i'm happy to agree projects get delayed, things don't work out, but when the man in charge keeps revising it year after year, and then goes silent for a couple of years, then shows off an hour long demo, and how it just needs more polish, then more silence for a year, then announces they have scrapped it all and redoing it... well, it does make one a tad concerned about the honesty of their communications.

Look mate, we've both tried this, both on the Frontier forums and on :reddit:, it simply does not work - you can't turn die-hard citizens, their armour is just too adamantine, they absolutely will not yield. Roll as many d20s as you like, they will remain convinced that Star Citizen is going to be the second life in space they've been dreaming of since Freelancer in 2003.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Beet Wagon posted:

just call them idiots and move on lol who cares

Well yeah, but proselytization - made the Episcopalians what they are today right?

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Sir Munchalot truly is an absolute idiot.

Anyway, I'm off to play Elite. Good evening to you all fudsters.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Bootcha posted:

Hey gang.

So here's a question.

Espresso Machine cost about $17,000.

Space Door cost about $40,000.

What single, used-once item would cost $100,000?

You've seen it. You've absolutely loving seen it.

Aussies, you've absolutely loving seen it.

LOL, is that how much it cost to produce the Illfonic Star Marine demo?

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Virtual Captain posted:

Hey guys, Chris Roberts here. Thanks for liking my game.

You guys come across any bugs that need fixing? Just arrived at my desk.

Dear Chris, people keep laughing at me for backing Star Citizen and my mum has threatened to stop letting me use her credit card for "stupid bloody spaceships". Can you help?

Jonny S, aged 43 and a half.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Nicholas posted:

Not sure if your serious but he's been caught doing this with other companies and even his deviant art had clear tracings of reference photos or other peoples art. He's seriously just an untalented, plagerizing con-artist, much like the people he's worked for.

https://www.reddit.com/r/quityourbullshit/comments/4c6spp/boardgame_maker_gets_caught_stealing_art_doubles/

LOL, is he the Ryan playing the game here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hzo5cds5dU

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

The chess game loops are... already defined? Is SC the BDChessSE? Why wouldn't you just open chess.com or lichess in other window, man? Will SC have ELO?

Also that chess set is awful and uninspiring.

Nothing says luxury like a big chess set though. Apart from a hot tub with a bar obvs. And leather seats. Lots of leather seats.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Kikas posted:

It loving breaks me how every time CIG introduces a mechanic it's the most boring variant of the lot. They might introduce some twists to it (they won't tho) but this is something that No Mans Sky had in it's underwhelming launch in 2016. And even there it was more interesting on launch, because there was a complete (if a bit barren) game around it.

In the year 2019 there are a lot of games with mining, like:

Minecraft: The big cheese and yet the baseline of all procgen games with mining. Hit rock with fist, receive resource. For more advanced minerals - use advanced tools or get gently caress all. Not much to it. Unless you count enchanting your pickaxe to be faster, more durable or yield more minerals.
Going back to space games we have No Mans Sky - I'd say it's the closest one to SC due to being both in space and having space legs. Point at rock, receive minerals. CIG does a carbon copy of this one, since you can also blow up asteroids in space (with every one of your weapons, not just mining oriented ones) and receive resources. But unlike SC, NMS uses it's resources for a lot more then money - you need fuel for your ship, suit and weapons, you can refine, convert and combine resources, craft stuff with them, use them to build bases, ship components, rooms on your Frigate (basically your private Space Carrier, complete with your hangar and a loving FLEET you can build around it) - basically Mining is a piece of around 10 gameplay loops instead of in addition to being a loop on it's own.
But the one I've been playing a lot recently and the one I find mining the most fun is Deep Rock Galactic - a 4 player coop shooter where you're a bunch of space dwarves and go on expeditions. It features procgen caves (with varying complexity levels, shapes and sizes), 6 or 7 mission types and a lot of mining. Usually you dig through walls using your pickaxe, but you can use explosives (including strategically killing enemies that explode on death) or you can pick the "Driller" class and use akimbo mounted hand drills to carve tunnels into every wall. The resources you gather have to be offloaded to either a drone follwing you or to a specific point in the map, and finding what you need requires using both your eyes and an integrated scanning tool. The caves are dark and need to be lit with flares that bouce around and go off after a while, and full of enemies, so when you launch an expedition, there's hardly a dull moment.
So if you want some fun coop mining - get Deep Rock Galactic. It's awesome.

Don't buy into Star Citizen for goodness sake.

Also Elite Dangerous of course - asteroid mining for cash and materials, planetary mining (via SRV) for materials for engineering and module upgrades, and I'd argue that scanning signal sources for materials sort of constitutes mining as well.

It's a grind, of course, as I well know - I've actually just finished re-engineering my Asp X FSD drive using the "new" engineering system (material traders, no effect rolls) and finding stuff like datamined wake exceptions was a massive chore. It's still a legit gameplay loop though unlike whatever passes for mining in SC.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Sarsapariller posted:

Turns out the flight model isn't broken after all. Chris was just building the next Tokyo Drift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndsC-HaSc1U

I can't get past the way Star Citizen spaceships look in the external camera - like they're being superimposed onto the scenery in the background and aren't actually part of the same rendering engine. There is absolutely no sense of weight at all.

2.34 in that video is a perfect example of what I mean.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The Roman system is designed for slaves and non-romans.

In Star Citizen, you play as a person who was born to parents born in the UEE, so the Roman system doesn't apply and is stupid.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Sarsapariller posted:

Alright with the weekly video release it's time for another

Inside Star Citizen Summary!

The post where I painstakingly descend into the cavernous maw of CIG's bullshit and bring back little nuggets of precious infotainment for you. Let's begin:

* Jared is talking, skip skip skip
* "<The new mechanic will> expand the current capabilities of our asteroids, plant life, and multi-tools, already in game." I can't believe they say this stuff without batting an eye.
* All the Citizens bitching about cave brightness got their way, caves are way loving dark now.
* Looks like you get the mining tool through some more exciting shopping and inventory management gameplay. Love it, love it.
* Ship mining and FPS mining are mutually exclusive, completely separate systems, that were definitely planned to be that way from the very start. Having two independent ways of doing the same thing, at different scales, and trying to balance both of them in the same economy is a very good idea and not at all a sign that they can't get spaceship stuff to work reliably.
* Step one of mining: scour the nearly-infinite surface of planets until you see a tiny pile of detailed rubble that denotes a cave. There are no HUD markers and the dev clearly just teleported his ship to one. No problems here.
* Step two: enter pitch black cave without breaking your ankles or having an exertion induced heart attack
* Step three: find a mineable rock in the pitch black cave. It looks like all the other rocks but it has small blue lines on it. There are no HUD markers. Looking great so far.
* Step four: just carry the loving rock out. Haha no, of course not. Laser it apart with a minigame and then individually grab each one into your hand, then select it in your hand and click 'Stow." We're cooking with gas now.
* Your rock inventory is digital and not represented on your person. That's a ridiculous idea. Who the gently caress ever thought we'd represent everything on your person?
* You can sell FPS mined rocks directly to the guy at the station. You do not need to refine them like you do with the big mining ship. In the video they sell for 10-15 credits per rock that you hand-picked from the ground. You would need to sell 500 hand-picked rocks to get the credits of a single space combat mission. You would need to sell something like 200,000 hand-picked rocks to earn a space ship.
* All of this is tier zero so you can't criticize it. Obviously we're going to keep developing this. It's definitely not going out the door as-is and then no dev or player will even acknowledge that it exists after the initial victory laps.
* other stuff:
* Caves have random poo poo just laying on the ground and you can harvest... plants? And sell them? This is "Exploration" gameplay. For every single instance he shows, the spaceman has to pick the fruit or item up into his hand and examine it in the exact same way. I would go insane within an hour.
* Now we're talking about the "Sounds of mining." I'm skipping all of this segment. Mining sounds exactly like you would expect.
* Oops that was it, show's over.

LOL. Fiddle fiddle *Rome burning intensifies*

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Beet Wagon posted:

love too call down my titan and have it clip through the level geometry and explode.

lol seriously though how can anyone look at this and not just immediately start laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNNDl2usOoQ

Damnation, I really should stop being bothered by the way the ship moves in relation to the background, I mean it clearly doesn't bother the backers (of whom I am one)... but Chris Almighty, it's like if you squint hard enough, you can almost see the lollipop stick moving the spaceship model around in front of the green screen.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man
:reddit: An ingenu writes:

quote:

Long time lurker on this sub, and I know talking about this with 3.7 on Evocati this is bad timing to talk about it. I've been a citizen since within the first year of Star Citizens announcement I bought a freelancer, and since then I've upgraded it to an MIS. In that time I bought an Aurora for my brother when he eventually decided to give it a go, as he was too much a sceptic of the whole project to dive in himself. I've since upgraded that to an Avenger Titan.

Throughout this time I've dipped in and out of the game with each new update but without anyone else I didn't spend much time other than admiring the aesthetics.

Today, I finally got my brother on it and we have it a genuine go. Firstly, the community in the chat were super helpful, in a game with weak tutorials and tips, the other players were incredibly helpful.

But... What gives with the whole waiting simulator. Things I had to wait for :

Reclaiming my broken ship (16 minutes)
    Quantum jumping to ArcCorp (6 minutes)
    Waiting for the train (40 seconds)
    Travelling in train (1 minute)
    Spooling, calibrating and jumping (10 seconds)
    Using elevators (40 seconds).
    Climbing out the atmosphere just to jump (2 minutes)

I know immersion is a key factor in this game, but there needs to be a sweet spot. I spent so much time literally waiting with no other gameplay to do that the 10 seconds to spool was tedious. I know there's still fine tuning and refinement, but I dunno. I'm quite shocked with how much nothingness there was (and I don't mean the literal vastness of space). Some of these wait times I genuinely can't see being beneficial to gameplay.

Whilst I have someone's attention though, I just want to know, I tried multiple times with 2 different ships taking off from Area18 and they kept flying out of control and flipping upside down, I wouldn't even have to touch the keyboard. Is this a bug other people have experienced or am I just doing something without realising.

https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/d7h19a/whats_with_the_scifi_waiting_simulator/

Maybe Star Citizen isn't for you, commando.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

akkristor posted:

I'm one of those sad saps that backed a concept ship. The RSI Orion. I had the opportunity to go for a refund, and decided not to. Hell, i keep the Orion as my desktop wallpaper to remind me NOT to invest that much money in kickstarter games and the like again. (Ironically, the one time that it convinced me NOT to invest was the BATTLETECH kickstarter. Was going to invest and get a House Steiner flight jacket. Thankfully the game came out and is great).

Ok, that aside. So, if we assume for the moment that the PU will eventually become a thing.

Early in the game's stretch goals, back when Stretch Goals actually unlocked new ships rather than being driven by new ship sales, each ship when unlocked had a separate stretch goal for being usable in the PU.
(Example: Bengal Carrier unlocked at 5.5 mil. Added to PU at 6mil)

So, if the PU does eventually become a thing, do we have ANY guarantee that ships we've purchased will actually be usable in it?

:alexa:

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Agony Aunt posted:

I think i'm now going to have nightmares of Lethality tweeting that he's hyped for Fleet Carriers in ED. That will be the knell of doom for them.

If they're implemented as badly as the recent patch (EDIT: update), it won't be needing Lethality's inverse Midas touch to turn them to poo poo.

Jonny Shiloh fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 26, 2019

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

MedicineHut posted:

Counterpoint: Elite sucks ergo SC is good.

Countercounterpoint: Elite is good ergo, err, oh bloody hell, logical fallacy.

SC is still good, goddammit.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Sarsapariller posted:

* Oh now Jared is talking and he has loving "Producer" in his title. Hahahahahahaha skip skip skip

On this specific point - he's obviously been taking classes, the whole "faux naturel while obviously acting" shtick is really jarring. Can't blame him for polishing his show reels for future employment off the teat of the gullible backer dollar though. Well, I could, but that would cause one of those episodes of cognitive dissonance/quantum paradox which Star Citizen seems to abound in. So I won't.

Sarsapariller posted:

* Jared is talking again, that means it's over.

Maybe a bit more polish required - or more acting classes.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Rotten Red Rod posted:

...when the Mantis is in the game and people start getting interdicted and ganked...

*B'Tak pearl necklace clutching intensifies*

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Sarsapariller posted:

Nonsense, didn't you watch the 12-minute video about how difficult and intense it is to work on caves? You have to dial the lighting slider all the way to zero, and do your sound effects with reverb!

Yes but do they have cave drippy water sounds? Every cave has to have drippy water sounds, right?

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Thom12255 posted:

I'm going to get a $4.5 million Mansion, eventually.

Get milking those whale teats son.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

And furthermore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLSLx5wt9Fg

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

God, that reads like the worst kind of Mary Sue bollocks. Hands up who thinks Crobblers spent all night writing it?

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

trucutru posted:

The monthly report is out.

Also

quote:

Last month the team spent a lot of time pushing updates to the hair pipeline, which will feature in an upcoming video.

Important pipeline right there.

quote:

One of Narrative’s main focuses last month was a motion capture session that recorded new content for upcoming PU releases (such as the air traffic controller for New Babbage). This involved significant pre-production coordination with several teams including Live Design, Animation, Performance Capture, and Audio.

Still persevering with the mocap eh Chris.

quote:

This included checking the effects of large numbers of glowsticks in a single area and looking into why harvestable dung was duplicating itself and crashing the server.

Write your own punchline for that one.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Loxbourne posted:

CIG have enough in the bank to weather a bad ship sale or two. They've done it before - the space bus was a disaster for all we like to mock the drinks minigame, the superfighter fatigue as backers rebelled against endless oneupmanship in single-seat fighters, the same thing happening with jetbikes after a while (when they stopped being useful as LTI mules), the terraformer ship that was swiftly memory-holed, the armoured transport ship for your space tonks, and so on.

A run of bad ships might trigger an unforced error or two that turns out to be what finally sends whales diving for the exits, but one or even two bad ship sales in a row won't stop the dream. We've seen before that it takes a direct, un-ignorable attack on a whale's personal dreams to snap them out of it. You have to specifically undercut their belief that one day they'll be lording it over the unwashed masses in their space yacht.

That's why CIG never touches the spaceships once the sale is over. Messing with the specifications is incredibly dangerous. Look what happened with the missing seat in the alien bubble-fighter - the biggest uprising the backers have ever had, and all over whether an obscure and expensive fightercraft was single or two-seater.

That's a very well-reasoned assessment of the situation.

:discourse:

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

But you can't use half these ships...

Is Elite Dangerous any good?

Yes.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

AbstractNapper posted:

Enemy sighted at 5 o' clock.

It's the new improved CIG turret animation.

quote:

"Enemy sighted at eleventy fourteen o'clock commando!"
"On it sir!"

*twists legs to eleventy fourteen o'clock - glitches through turret and dies*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Yuck. I hate everything about that steaming pile of bombastic crap except the words "the", "and" and "accouterments", which is an awesome reimagining of "accoutrements" with added ladyparts of shame, presumably.

Seriously, who writes this absolute bollocks?