Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
It's a reoccuring thing with star citizens: they could just do it in real life. Put music on your phone, put on some headphones/earbuds and go out for a walk. It's a cheaper and easier experience than this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
It's really a matter of time until they finally fall and that's gonna be fun when it happens.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

Sandweed posted:

People have been saying this for years.

You are correct.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
A month, give or take.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
It would be pretty hilarious if they finally release some 1.0 mess and declare their work done.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Them having investors amuses me to no end after all that big talk about not being beholden to publishers.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
It will be hard to revolutionize the gaming industry without thumbs. :smith:

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
What I've gotten from a quick google is the calders invested $46 milion in 2018. So I guess it's $120m now.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
What's going to happen when they can't pay it back? CIG is sold off?

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Sounds about right, yeah.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
He could also go to a real beach or have a drink at a real bar. Really the sky is the limit.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

Popete posted:

Star Citizen isn't actually trying to be a realistic space simulator, it is simply tedious for the sake of tedium. It has almost no flight-model to speak of, it's just models dangling in space that can hover 5 feet off the ground upside down. There is very little complexity to Star Citizen like you would find in an actual simulator there is layers of poorly thought out systems such as food/drink meters and the crime/prison model which when you put those things into a game that is technically very broken makes trying to play it a chore.

This reminds me of some trucking game that was trying to be a knockoff of Euro/American Truck Simulator, but set in Alaska. The marketing was all about how you're no longer struck in the truck and it's realistic and you have to eat, drink and sleep.

And then in the end it has bad truck handling, crappy controls, bugs, a barren world and all the busy work gets in the way of actually playing the game.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

TheBombPhilosopher posted:

The MudRunner/SnowRunner games? Never played them but have to admit they seem really cool, driving this hug rig through the mud and rivers during a blizzard to deliver the load of pipes.

Nah, it used to be called "alaskan truck simulator" but I guess they realized it was too obvious so I think they call it something like "alaskan road truckers". It's from that company that floods steam with "x simulator" games.

Mudrunner/Snowrunner are good, tho. Like trucking, but you fight the elements. Different company, too.

TuxedoOrca fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Mar 19, 2024

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Bury me with my jpegs.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
In No More Heroes you also had a cat. For free.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

Lammasu posted:

latest one has multiple cats. You find Jeane's kittens and they hang around your apartment.

That sounds adorable and I love it.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Designing aliens takes away time and money from designing spaceship jpegs.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

akkristor posted:

Does it have ANY aliens?

I think the humans are supposed to be fighting some alien empire, but CIG can't be bothered to design them, their ships, or any aspect of their culture and no one seems to think this is strange.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Oh boy.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Give it time.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
I keep coming back to how the original pitch was, what? A Wing Commander-esque space combat game. And then they started promising the moon.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Frontier Elite 2 I remember worked it out where you could only land on planets that had space ports and then the rest had like orbiting space stations. Which is a system that I think works fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Huh, interesting.