Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Hello, and welcome to the fantasy hockey thread for the 2019-20 NHL season. If you edit your starting lineup for an entire season you too can be a Goon Champion.

Websites to Play On:
Yahoo! Sports: http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/
ESPN: http://games.espn.go.com/frontpage/hockey
CBC: http://hockeypool.cbc.ca/cbc/hnicp12/notice
CBS: http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyhockey

I think almost everyone uses Yahoo for their leagues.

You can also play daily fantasy leagues on the sites that have commercials all over TV (DraftKings, FanDuel, probably some other ones). We'll talk about a Goon money league again this year and probably not do it.

Goon Leagues
I only added the two leagues I am active in - please let me know if you want yours added to the OP.

Long Stick League: (10th Season) - Commissioner (T-Bone) - Open Spots (1-2)
Site: Yahoo!
Live draft on 9/30 at 8:30pm EST
Invite: By email.
Draft Type: Live
Reigning Champion: T-Bone
Teams: 20
Scoring: H2H
Roster Positions: C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, W, W, F, D, D, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
Goaltender Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Saves (SV), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Hockiest Hockey League: (9th Season) Commissioner (T-Bone) - Open Spots (Full)
Live draft on 9/26 at 8:00pm EST
Invite: By email.
Draft Type: Live (AUCTION/KEEPER LEAGUE)
Reigning Champion: Toe Knee Hand
Teams: 14
Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)

LOLHL: (13th Season) - Commissioner (waxluthor) - Open Spots (Full)
Live draft on 9/29 at 8:30pm EST
Reigning Champion: Technetium (I think?)
Teams: 14
Roster Positions: C, C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, D, D, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
Goaltender Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%)

Toe Knee Hand's keeper league (Inaugural Season) - Commissioner (Toe Knee Hand)
Over here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897151

Aye Doc's no transaction league (Inaugural Season) - Commissioner (Aye Doc) - Open Spots (7)
Live draft on 9/27 at 7:00pm EST
Invite: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/30926/invitation?key=2284840284732508&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=eb3d8e0f8091e071
Teams: 16
Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, W, W, F, F, D, D, D, D, D, D, D, D, Util, Util, G, G, G, G
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Saves (SV), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Federal League
RIP DENIS LEMIEUX

Other Useful Sites To Look At
http://www.leftwinglock.com/starting-goalies
http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nhl/hockey
http://bleacherreport.com/fantasy-hockey
http://www.dobberhockey.com/

I'm thinking about making a Denis Lemieux Memorial League (again) this year with like a $20 buy-in or something lemme know if anyone wants to do that.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Sep 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I've sent invites for my leagues to all managers from last year. Based on that I'll figure out how many open spots we'll have this year. I'd like to expand the LSL back to 20 teams if possible.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I tried to rejoin but it says the invitation is no longer valid.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Ok, I'm back in HHL as NYPDO Blues and LSL as Roopin' on the Hintz.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Back in the LSL.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

fawning deference posted:

I tried to rejoin but it says the invitation is no longer valid.

pm me your email

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

pm me your email

I don't have PMs.

worldsbestbrent@gmail.com

EDIT it worked now all of a sudden! I'm in

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001
Wasn't sure if I was gonna play in LSL again this year, but last year ended on a rough note (was in the hospital for the 1st round of playoffs and obvs. wasn't thinking of updating my lineup) so gently caress it, I'll see if I go out on a higher note and don't just rejoin next year (hint: will probably be the latter).

Think I'll just keep it to LSL this year, but if LOLHL needs and extra to make numbers even, I'll rejoin that one too.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Back in LSL. Need to think of a new name for StreitFighter2Turbo.

NosekInChampagneRoom is an option but I feel like it's cutting out too much of the original reference

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Yay, back in HHL to defend my title.

And yea, I'm starting a new league this year. It's definitely inspired by HHL but a bit more dynasty-ish (more keepers, no limit on how long they can be kept) as well as full roster. It's an auction draft like HHL cuz they're so fun. If you are interested you can tell me your email so I can invite you, or you can email me at esseey at gmail dot com and then I can send it from there. I don't have PMs.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

toe knee hand posted:

Yay, back in HHL to defend my title.

And yea, I'm starting a new league this year. It's definitely inspired by HHL but a bit more dynasty-ish (more keepers, no limit on how long they can be kept) as well as full roster. It's an auction draft like HHL cuz they're so fun. If you are interested you can tell me your email so I can invite you, or you can email me at esseey at gmail dot com and then I can send it from there. I don't have PMs.

I'll do it

Worldsbestbrent@gmail.com

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

inspired by a baseball league i did last season, i made a hockey league where you draft a team and then never have to care again because there's no transactions. the draft will be big and grand so that we can all feel plenty of shame at the end of the night, and later on, the end of the season.

Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, W, W, F, F, D, D, D, D, D, D, D, D, Util, Util, G, G, G, G
Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Saves (SV), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

come join, have a fun with me. the draft time will change to be whatever works
https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/30926/invitation?key=2284840284732508&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=eb3d8e0f8091e071

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Sep 9, 2019

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Tragically, I believe I am no longer eligible to keep Pastrnak this year and will have to come up with a new team name for HHL. Anyone know how to see how much players cost last season? I'm having trouble finding that information. I know last year I was able to look in the draft but I'm not able to do that this time.

genki
Nov 12, 2003
Back in for HHL but I think I have nothing to build from and my team sucks. Gonna be interesting to try and figure out a strategy this year, especially since so many key players are already keepered. Ugh.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Tragically, I believe I am no longer eligible to keep Pastrnak this year and will have to come up with a new team name for HHL. Anyone know how to see how much players cost last season? I'm having trouble finding that information. I know last year I was able to look in the draft but I'm not able to do that this time.

https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/archive/nhl/2018/37343/draftresults?drafttab=picks

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Gracias.

Looks like I can click who I'm keeping on my roster for your review so I'll do that, but I'll post here anyway too. Keeping:
Mat Barzal $2 > $3 - final season of keeper eligibility
Kyle Connor $15 > $18 - first time keeper
Dylan Strome $1 > $2 - first time keeper

Unsure of who I want to keep as my fourth so I'll have to update later. I'm thinking either Troy Terry or Ryan Donato. I think both will get their chances in the top-6 of their respective teams but I'm not sure which one I like more. Donato is my bet to produce more and the Wild are probably a better team and in a position to help him succeed, but I could see Terry getting time on Getzlaf's line and he he was a point-per-game in the AHL last year.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Alex Debrincat - $2--->$3 Final season of eligibility

Connor Hellebuyck - $6-->$7 Final season of eligibility

Jake Guentzel $40--->$48 Second season of eligibility

Matthew Tkachuk $39--->$47 Second season of eligibility

edited to make Guentzel my keeper but I'm still not 100% final on this. Hate to lose Pettersson :(

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 9, 2019

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Aye Doc posted:

inspired by a baseball league i did last season, i made a hockey league where you draft a team and then never have to care again because there's no transactions. the draft will be big and grand so that we can all feel plenty of shame at the end of the night, and later on, the end of the season.

https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/30926/invitation?key=2284840284732508&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=eb3d8e0f8091e071

joined up buddy

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'm thinking Domi/Binnington/Reilly/Tuch which does not seem championship caliber

time for my rebuild

goddamn Ginette's keepers are nasty

e: added Aye Doc's thread to the OP

Anyone interested in the money league? Jordan and Ginette said they would be down

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I forgot how much I dislike head to head but oh well. How can I see player costs again?

I know for sure it's

Heiskanen $1 to $2
BTkachuk $1 to $2

I am also keeping Larkin and Rantanen for I think $3 each or something?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

fawning deference posted:

I forgot how much I dislike head to head but oh well. How can I see player costs again?

I know for sure it's

Heiskanen $1 to $2
BTkachuk $1 to $2

I am also keeping Larkin and Rantanen for I think $3 each or something?

I drafted Heiskanen for $5 before I traded him to you so he actually goes to $6. Tkachuk would be $2 since he was a waiver pickup. Looks like both Larkin and Rantanen go from $2 to $3. Pretty good deals all around.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Back in LSL as Mr. Holland's Anus again but I may change that name now that I am finally free

I'm also down to play in some other leagues potentially, send invites to akickassduke at gmail.com

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Here's the keepers for NYPDO Blues (formerly Bone Thugs-n-Girardi).

Mark Stone ($9 -> $11)
John Carlson ($23 -> $28)
Timo Meier ($6 -> $8)

And deciding still on the fourth, for now it'll be:

Ryan McDonagh ($16 -> $20)

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I drafted Heiskanen for $5 before I traded him to you so he actually goes to $6. Tkachuk would be $2 since he was a waiver pickup. Looks like both Larkin and Rantanen go from $2 to $3. Pretty good deals all around.

Oh cool thanks.

So:

Dylan Larkin for $3
Mikko Rantanen for $3
Brady Tkachuk for $2
Miro Heiskanen for $6

Love it, I'm gonna have some money to spend baby

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001

Aye Doc posted:

Joined up, sounds fun as hell and not having to even think about waiver wires is even better :v:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I believe these are the correct costs for my HHL keepers

Pierre-Luc DuBois $2 -> $3
Brayden Point $2 -> $3
Josh Anderson $1 -> $2
Michael Ferland n/a -> $2

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

Joined up as Chiarot's of Fire.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

HHL question: I don't remember, but do free agent pickups count as $1 or their original draft value?

Also, I think Marner is no longer keeper-eligible for me which conveniently makes the decision of whether or not keeping him until his contract situation settles up much easier.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 10, 2019

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
I am seriously considering not keeping anyone in HHL.

e: nvm, I'll keep two

Couturier $3-$4
Palmieri FA-$2

toe knee hand fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 10, 2019

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Other than Hischier, Hart, and maybe Zadina, I have no idea who I want to keep in the HHL.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

I have also joined this, because I regretted not joining the baseball one.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Any bad nights for people for HHL/LSL? 9/29 (Sun) and 10/1 (Tues) are out for me because of beer league.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

Any bad nights for people for HHL/LSL? 9/29 (Sun) and 10/1 (Tues) are out for me because of beer league.

My nights are fairly open but I'm on PT

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I have a dentist appt at 7PM EST on September 30th. It's only a cleaning, so I should be ready for 8PM.

Honestly, I think I am pretty good any night provided it's at 8PM. I usually don't get home until 6:30-7.

e: for HHL

Twin Cinema fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Sep 10, 2019

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
For HHL any time after 7pm EST is fine, whenever we do it. I have a business trip starting 10/8 but I think the season starts before that, so I'm assuming the draft will be done by then.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

T-Bone posted:

I (LSL) am basically a no go Mon-Wed nights but should be able to make anything else work more or less

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
I'm moving at the end of September so Sept 27 and 28 are bad, hopefully I'm settled in after that. Don't get home on work days till 5:15 Pacific time.

I'm only in HHL.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
The 27th is the only no-go for me.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

I can't do the 26th-28th, but ought to be fine any other time.

That's probably pretty restricting, but someone's gotta autodraft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001
LSL wise I’m good with any date so long as the draft is in the evening, only thing I’d like is it the set it and forget it league is at a different time. Same date is fine just different times.

deadEd fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Sep 11, 2019