Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
draisaitl and svechnikov are the dream team, folks. if bobrovsky ever wakes up i might have something in HHL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

My goaltending being pretty much my only saving grace is not a development I was expecting in HHL this season.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i'd like a mulligan on bobrovsky, please

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I've been having a good month and I'm moving up! I spent good money on Tarasenko so I can keep him for way less than he's worth next year, and paying around $50 for Huberdeau felt like a steal at time and he's 6th in league scoring right now. Zibanejad has elevated his game too and I have Rantanen back from injury. I'm really happy with my forwards and other than Subban sucking (but still contributing to PIM I guess) my D is solid too.

I just need drat goaltending.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Let's talk fantasy why not. Somehow I'm top 3 in all four goon leagues which what the gently caress are y'all doing.

The next few weeks in LSL are going to suck, I'm 3rd now but that is not going to last unless my forwards turn it around and Raanta is healthy. Price making GBS threads the bed on and off all season hasn't helped either.

HHL I'm positioned with some great keepers for next season and at least for now I'm in first. Fleury needs to figure his poo poo out, but Samsonov has been real good. Him, John Carlson, and Mark Stone for like $50 total next season is gonna be real good. Keeping EK was a mistake though, rip. All he's been good for is assists.

Also for some reason I dropped Nick Schmaltz after two games and I think that was a big mistake.

LOL I've kind of stumbled but I still have a pretty good lead in first. Hellebuyck completely poo poo the bed the past couple weeks which is not helping. The skaters though are still electric, well aside from all being hilariously minus over the past couple weeks. I think like -25 over two weeks which, gently caress.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I had a decent start in HHL but have fallen off a cliff the last few weeks, not sure what my playoff chances might be like, I need a few good weeks and luckily I am in the Bad Division which may help. If not, at least I got Clayton Keller off waivers for a dollar. That's a nice keeper right there, very thankful to whoever it was that dropped him.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
My dumb rear end had the opportunity to pick up Elvis in LSL way back and I didn't do it.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I feel like I need to drop Jack Hughes in HHL but on the other hand that opens the door for someone to get him for like $1 as a keeper and that would be bad too. Might just tough it out this season since it looks like a lost cause anyway.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I feel like I need to drop Jack Hughes in HHL but on the other hand that opens the door for someone to get him for like $1 as a keeper and that would be bad too. Might just tough it out this season since it looks like a lost cause anyway.

trade him to me for a variety of realish NHL players. would you like a brayden point to help your team soldier forth into the playoffs?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Aye Doc posted:

trade him to me for a variety of realish NHL players. would you like a brayden point to help your team soldier forth into the playoffs?

I'd be open to trading him even if I don't think I'm going to make the playoffs, although if you're thinking of keeping him for a potential breakout next year I should note that I drafted him for $57 so he's not exactly cheap, but it might still end up being a bargain.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I just picked up Shesterkin and am hoping he can be a $1 starting goalie for me next year

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I'd be open to trading him even if I don't think I'm going to make the playoffs, although if you're thinking of keeping him for a potential breakout next year I should note that I drafted him for $57 so he's not exactly cheap, but it might still end up being a bargain.

I'd trade for him. I am willing to gamble $68 that he's good next year.

My keeper situation is poo poo.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
If anyone in HHL is ready to sell off for keepers, I'm looking to make some moves. I'd really like to consolidate some scoring/balance out non-scoring stats and pick up a plug in goalie (like a F/F for F/G or F/F/F for F/F/G kinda trade)

I'm currently open to trading any/all of the following to varying degrees of interest (current values):

Voracek ($38)
Boeser ($30)
Hoffman ($22)
Skinner ($17)
Cirelli ($1)
Kunin ($1)

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Twin Cinema posted:

I'd trade for him. I am willing to gamble $68 that he's good next year.

My keeper situation is poo poo.

drat, should have made an offer for Hughes. I would have given Malkin or Matthews.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I still highly doubt I make the playoffs but I have other potential keepers I'd be willing to trade just because I won't be able to keep all of them anyway:
Keller, Dvorak, Zadina, and Fox are all guys I got off waivers, so they're $1
Strome is $2
Theodore is $7
Perron is $10
Connor is $18

Strome and Connor were two of my keepers so they could only be kept for one more year. I'm also probably not going to trade Connor unless you blow me away with an offer since he's actually good.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Teemu Pokemon posted:

If anyone in HHL is ready to sell off for keepers, I'm looking to make some moves. I'd really like to consolidate some scoring/balance out non-scoring stats and pick up a plug in goalie (like a F/F for F/G or F/F/F for F/F/G kinda trade)

I'm currently open to trading any/all of the following to varying degrees of interest (current values):

Voracek ($38)
Boeser ($30)
Hoffman ($22)
Skinner ($17)
Cirelli ($1)
Kunin ($1)

I'm also willing to add Shattenkirk for $1 to this list if that really interests anyone

genki
Nov 12, 2003
Hmm, if I choose to keep both Suzuki and Yamamoto this offseason, I'll officially have Team SJW next year. (Small Japanese Wingers)

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
You could get Hirose too

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Missing minimum goalie starts for the second straight week is... less than ideal.

fancy stats posted:

My goaltending being pretty much my only saving grace is not a development I was expecting in HHL this season.

Truly, a land of contrasts.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 17, 2020

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
With Grubauer's injury I think I'm checking out on LSL for the season.

I have astonishingly bad luck with picking goalies lmao.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I'm thinking of keeping Blackwood And Shesterkin for a total of $2 and having all the rest of my money to spend on the rest of the roster

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I am thinking of keeping no one.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

someone trade w me imho

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Clinched playoff spots in LSL and HHL with a week to go. One seed is possible for me in HHL but it requires me absolutely whooping the one seed this week and genki also flopping this week, so I don't think it's happening.

Thinking about keeping Samsonov, Carlson, Stone, and uh, maybe Francouz? I dunno if this streak is gonna last. Tony DeAngelo or Ryan Strome could be good options also.

In LSL, thanks to me flopping last week against the one seed I literally can't reach it, but I have a pretty solid grasp on the three seed heading into the playoffs. Price and Raanta need to turn their poo poo up for me to have any chance once I get there.

LOL I'm still holding on to first somehow though my lead is slowly eroding. Rantanen being out again is really hurting and Stone being out most of the rest of the season isn't going to help either. A couple shutouts from Hellebuyck or Price would be a huge help at this point.

e: That William Nylander for Viktor Arvidsson deal I made was awful in hindsight, there's a solid chance my team would be close to uncatchable with Nylander instead of Arvidsson.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Mar 2, 2020

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
30+ points clear of 2nd in LSL. Can't wait to see how my team blows it against the 8 seed.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Would you drop Pekka Rinne for either of Elvis or Shesterkin?

Rinne's been rear end this year.

My other goalies are awesome (Rask, Jarry, Francouz)

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Shesterkin seems like a good bet

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

30+ points clear of 2nd in LSL. Can't wait to see how my team blows it against the 8 seed.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

At least the season being suspended will help me avoid my annual first round upset. :unsmith:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

fancy stats posted:

At least the season being suspended will help me avoid my annual first round upset. :unsmith:

:same:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

:nsamad:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

fancy stats posted:

:hfive:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
If anyone wants to get in our all-time draft, signups end tonight: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3917510

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

With the NHL officially cancelling the rest of the regular season, Yahoo decided to use the regular season results as final standings.

I ended up winning LOLHL (:toot:), placing third in LSL and HHL, and 4th in Set It and Regret It.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
2nd in HHL. never a doubt, baby

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
season cancelled, no trophies, everyone is a loser, closing thread

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

:toot:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Hell yeah, LSL champ. A pandemic was the only way I wasn't going to poo poo my way out of the playoffs.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

corn on the cop posted:

2nd in HHL. never a doubt, baby

go to hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Since the season was cut short early clearly that means it didn't count and all performances this season (especially mine) should be discarded